Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kolb a Cardinal for 5yrs 63million...

mvbighead

Wow, they got FLEECED

What has Kolb done in the league to be paid that much?

Unbelievable.

Pretty much my thoughts. Thing is, their QB situation is pitiful without Kolb. Also, at only $20 million guaranteed, they can cut ties in a few years and probably only be out 30 or so million. So, if this pans out, they score big time. If not, it won't take a full 63... but more likely 40 tops.

Yeah, WAY too high of a contract for an unproven QB. If I were the Cards I would have tried to get Orton.

Yeah, I like Orton, but he is not a Star. He is at the bottom of the league for starting QB's really. Kolb might flame out in Arizona, but he might also be a Star. Its worth the risk.

I mean Fitzgerald isnt going to stick around to be catching balls from a subpar QB.

You have to stop and think about the Cardinals. They had Matt Lineart but then they released him so they had to make a move like this so they could get some of there true fans off of their backs a little bit. Who knows what Kolb is going to be but at least they have a young QB now that could lead them to something good.

Still not sold on Kolb. Orton would have been a safer pick for the Cards, but Kolb has the potential to be the franchise QB every team wants.

QFT.

Orton would have been the safer pick, but not a long term answer. Then again Orton has shown if you give him some backing from the coaching staff, some weapons, and some time he does a pretty good job. You give him Fitz and say he is your guy he might be a solid QB.

Kolb defiantly has more potential, but give him 12 million a year and give up what you did to get him might have been to much for that potential.

Fitz must be jumping for joy because getting Kolb to throw him the ball will be heaven for him compared to Derek Anderson.

I don't understand this whole infatuation teams have with Kolb. He looked mediocre in most of the games he's played in.

DRC, a second rounder, AND 63 million dollars?

sheesh...

However, he will be throwing to Fitz...he'll probably have a pretty good year

QFT.

Orton would have been the safer pick, but not a long term answer. Then again Orton has shown if you give him some backing from the coaching staff, some weapons, and some time he does a pretty good job. You give him Fitz and say he is your guy he might be a solid QB.

Kolb defiantly has more potential, but give him 12 million a year and give up what you did to get him might have been to much for that potential.

Fitz must be jumping for joy because getting Kolb to throw him the ball will be heaven for him compared to Derek Anderson.

Supposedly, Fitz lobbied hard for him.

I don't understand this whole infatuation teams have with Kolb. He looked mediocre in most of the games he's played in.

DRC, a second rounder, AND 63 million dollars?

sheesh...

However, he will be throwing to Fitz...he'll probably have a pretty good year

I think a lot had to do with the timing. In a year which was said to be a weak QB draft class, and where the FA market had a lot of washed up vets, things just fell right for Kolb. It helped him that in 7 starts, he had been named NFC Offensive player of the week twice. He had a few ugly games, a couple great games, and some inbetween. My biggest hope for him last year was to see steady improvement from week 1 to week 17, but of course, he got concussed in week 1, and Vick took the NFL world by storm. I still think he has potential to be very good, but I agree with most that he is still unproven.