Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson

Thewholefnshow28

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been, and will continue to be, patient with Richardson. I don't understand how people have not seen potential, especially when he is in open space coming out of the backfield catching screens. However, I would be lying if I said I wasn't yelling at the screen when he got tripped (gif on first post).

I have been, and will continue to be, patient with Richardson. I don't understand how people have not seen potential, especially when he is in open space coming out of the backfield catching screens. However, I would be lying if I said I wasn't yelling at the screen when he got tripped (gif on first post).

Any NFL player looks good in the open field, or with field in front of them. He is a RB not a strict screen pass catcher. You know how 1 dimensional we'd be if every play that Rich was in led to a pass to Rich? He hasn't shown crap imo. 

Any NFL player looks good in the open field, or with field in front of them. He is a RB not a strict screen pass catcher. You know how 1 dimensional we'd be if every play that Rich was in led to a pass to Rich? He hasn't shown crap imo.

I disagree. Every NFL player does not look as good in open space as Richardson.

I will admit though; he is much more likely to go down with a shoe-string tackle than a squared-up full-body tackle.

What will a full season do ? He couldnt break 4 ypc in 2012 behind the 5th best O-line. We aren't gonna have a top 10 O-line.

He is a professional football player, he had an off season , maybe it wasnt with us but he had one so it wasnt like he had been out of football before he arrived here. He had his workouts.

He also had plenty of time to learn the playbook, that might have been a reasonable excuse the first few weeks, but he was here for months.

What if he gets a new OC next season ? Will he need a whole season to learn the new playbook too ?

He knew what to do when they play was called. I didnt see him go out for a pass when he was supposed to get the ball or block, he knew what to do, he just couldnt do his main job. Which is run the ball.

Yes the line he ran behind sucked, but if you know there won't be huge holes to run through then why would you dance and wiggle in the backfield ? Look for a crack and try to burst through.

The coaches should have pounded that dancing crap out of him, he isnt fast enough or elusive enough to break stride and dance.

I have no idea how he looks when running in the open field because he rarely made it there.

I have never been more down on any Colts player then I am on this guy. We paid about 5 rounds more then we should have for a player of his caliber. If he had been drafted in the 6th, which is closer to what his skills seem to match, he would have never been on any teams active roster.

What will a full season do ? He couldnt break 4 ypc in 2012 behind the 5th best O-line. We aren't gonna have a top 10 O-line.

He is a professional football player, he had an off season , maybe it wasnt with us but he had one so it wasnt like he had been out of football before he arrived here. He had his workouts.

He also had plenty of time to learn the playbook, that might have been a reasonable excuse the first few weeks, but he was here for months.

What if he gets a new OC next season ? Will he need a whole season to learn the new playbook too ?

He knew what to do when they play was called. I didnt see him go out for a pass when he was supposed to get the ball or block, he knew what to do, he just couldnt do his main job. Which is run the ball.

Yes the line he ran behind sucked, but if you know there won't be huge holes to run through then why would you dance and wiggle in the backfield ? Look for a crack and try to burst through.

The coaches should have pounded that dancing crap out of him, he isnt fast enough or elusive enough to break stride and dance.

I have no idea how he looks when running in the open field because he rarely made it there.

I have never been more down on any Colts player then I am on this guy. We paid about 5 rounds more then we should have for a player of his caliber. If he had been drafted in the 6th, which is closer to what his skills seem to match, he would have never been on any teams active roster.

I agree on the "give him an offseason and TC" crap. Because thats what it is...pure crap! Like you said, he had an offseason and training camp...who cares if it was with another team. It does not take that long for a RB to get familier with a playbook. Thats a pathetic and invalid excuse that people use to try and convince themselves he's better than he is.

"I hope our starting RB sucks so that i can say I was right"

Yeah anyone who says that doesn't seem like the brightest person.

I hope that if we have a rb on our roster that doesn't help us then we get rid of him. I hope Trent proves me wrong, but so far he hasn't. I don't see the cure-all offseason for him like y'all. Why don't all mediocre players get better after a full offseason and tc?

I hope that if we have a rb on our roster that doesn't help us then we get rid of him. I hope Trent proves me wrong, but so far he hasn't. I don't see the cure-all offseason for him like y'all. Why don't all mediocre players get better after a full offseason and tc?

I don't see a cure all off-season for him But I don't understand the people who want the dude cut before he even has a chance to see the field next season either.

I definitely don't understand people who actively root for a guy with a horseshoe on his helmet to fail just so they can say "ha ha I was right" either.

Who said they do?

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 16, 2014 - doesn't contribute to discussion
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 16, 2014 - doesn't contribute to discussion

Dumbest crap I've ever read.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 16, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 16, 2014 - personal shot

You just must be slow... Apparently don't watch much football at that.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 16, 2014 - response to personal argument in thread
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 16, 2014 - response to personal argument in thread

You just must be slow... Apparently don't watch much football at that.

How Did you gleen that I'm slow from any of that? Or that I don't watch much football?

You must be a turd wrapped in human skin.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 16, 2014 - inappropriate and insulting
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 16, 2014 - inappropriate and insulting

How Did you gleen that I'm slow from any of that? Or that I don't watch much football?

You must be a turd wrapped in human skin.

Because your a * * for one that don't know a damn thing about football. And an internet +.

This board is crazy. Trent was not overly impressive this season, however, when he got in open space (like nearly every time he caught a screen pass out of the backfield) he looked very good and consistently made at least 1 person miss or ran through one person. (I will admit that when the d-line got penetration on power run plays, it seemed like he went down with a shoe-string tackle way too much)

3rd and 1.... Colts in the I-formation.... Richardson gets the hand-off up the middle... He is hit 1 yard in the back field and manages to push through for a 1 yard gain for a first down.... Colts Board's reaction - "I can't believe this scrub can't even rush for 3 ypc! Cut him!"

This board is crazy. Trent was not overly impressive this season, however, when he got in open space (like nearly every time he caught a screen pass out of the backfield) he looked very good and consistently made at least 1 person miss or ran through one person. (I will admit that when the d-line got penetration on power run plays, it seemed like he went down with a shoe-string tackle way too much)

3rd and 1.... Colts in the I-formation.... Richardson gets the hand-off up the middle... He is hit 1 yard in the back field and manages to push through for a 1 yard gain for a first down.... Colts Board's reaction - "I can't believe this scrub can't even rush for 3 ypc! Cut him!"

So a guy who can sometimes get you a yard when you need it is worthy of a first round pick ?

What if its 3rd and 3 ?

What if its first and 10 ?

I'm not saying to cut him yet, I'm just saying we were robbed by the Browns and every time Richardson is handed the ball Grigson should be ashamed.

If Richardson doesnt improve next year then he might as well be cut, if he doesnt produce and has zero trade value then he serves no purpose.

If he does produce and we have a run game then I will be the first to admit I was wrong, but I dont see that happening.

So a guy who can sometimes get you a yard when you need it is worthy of a first round pick ?

What if its 3rd and 3 ?

What if its first and 10 ?

I'm not saying to cut him yet, I'm just saying we were robbed by the Browns and every time Richardson is handed the ball Grigson should be ashamed.

If Richardson doesnt improve next year then he might as well be cut, if he doesnt produce and has zero trade value then he serves no purpose.

If he does produce and we have a run game then I will be the first to admit I was wrong, but I dont see that happening.

I haven't said anything with regards to what we gave up for him. Did we give up too much for him? That is yet to be seen; but it is done and over with now and I would rather focus on what he does on the field rather than what I think he should deliver based on how much he costed us.

To answer your question: yes that person is worth a 1st round draft pick for getting 1 yard IF nobody else could get that same yard in the same circumstance. Now was that the case? Probably not, however, a first down is a first down and I am not going to come on this board and complain if he averages 1 ypc if every one of those yards got us a first down (obviously this wasn't the case completely but you get the point).