Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just my thoughts

Y'ALL ARE OVERRACTING! I know, i know that that was a tough loss but c'mon! Look back at our season it was overall a great journy. Here are some of my thoughts as to some things we could do this off-season to push us that extra bit to be a superbowl caliber team.

There are a number of top end quality free agents and a load of tear 2 players, I will give my ideas to some of the best free agents that I beleive we should keep an eye on.

First off, our biggest duty in this off-season RESIGN Vontae. Too important to let go. Now lets look at some free agents.

This off-season I believe we need upgrades along the o-line (G, C), d-line (DE,NT), linebacking crew (ILB), and back (CB, S)

G: Jon Jerry, Zane Beatles, Jon Asamoah, Wade Smith

C: Alex Mack, Brian De Le Puente, Evan Dietric-Smith

DE: Arthur Jones, Henry Melton, Willie Young

NT: Paul Solai, Ryan Pickett, Lindval Joesph, Terrance Cody

ILB: Donald Butler, Perry Riley, Brandon Spikes

CB: Alterron Verner, Aqib Talib, Tarrell Brown

S: Jarius Byrd, Chris Clements, TJ Ward

What im trying to say is that alot of these players are top tear outstanding players that deserve a large paycheque so the chances of us getting all of the large names are next to none so get used to some of these under the radar FA prospects.

Paul Solai would be a nice addition at NT. Arthur Jones is also intriguing.

I would really be interested in signing Julian Edelman. I think he is underrated, has great hands, great speed, and may not cost a prohibitive amount.

I really feel Alex Mack would be a nice addition for both parties. He would vastly upgrade the o-line and provide leadership, and simultaneously get him out of a bad situation in Cleveland. The allure of playing for a playoff team has to account for something.

Paul Solai would be a nice addition at NT. Arthur Jones is also intriguing.

I would really be interested in signing Julian Edelman. I think he is underrated, has great hands, great speed, and may not cost a prohibitive amount.

I really feel Alex Mack would be a nice addition for both parties. He would vastly upgrade the o-line and provide leadership, and simultaneously get him out of a bad situation in Cleveland. The allure of playing for a playoff team has to account for something.

I don't get why Julian Edleman would be appealing, I understand the price tag but there just isn't a need for a slot WR.

Imagine as a defense next year gameplanning for Wayne/Hiltion/Rogers/Whalen/Fleener/Allen. I just don't see Edleman being a great addition, also IMO he's a system player.

I don't get why Julian Edleman would be appealing, I understand the price tag but there just isn't a need for a slot WR.

Imagine as a defense next year gameplanning for Wayne/Hiltion/Rogers/Whalen/Fleener/Allen. I just don't see Edleman being a great addition, also IMO he's a system player.

If we could get him at a reasonable price, I'd like it. Yes, he's a bit of a system player but the guy is crafty. He doesn't have the physical tools of a DHB but he'd be 10x more useful. I think we do need to either draft a guy like Jarvis Landry / Donte Moncrief or (maybe a bit more likely) sign a guy like Edleman. WR isn't at the top of our need list but it is a point of concern.

Interior O-line is priority number 1 to me. If we bring in Mack and Asamoah, with Thomas coming back, we may actually be able to run the football finally... And Luck will do even better! If we could do that and sign Byrd, we're on our way. 

I like Whalen, I REALLY do like the guy and root for him to succeed, but the reality is that he is just too slow. He has FANTASTIC hands. Probably the best on the team, but my gosh he is so slow. Last night, he had a great catch on 3rd down with room to run that just exhibited his lack of speed.

I am interested in seeing what Rogers can do with a full offseason and training camp with the team. I think he has better hands than he has exhibited, and he has great size.

I am really excited at the prospect of Dwayne Allen coming back at 100%. Fleener had a nice playoffs, but he has to improve his route running. His timing for jump balls also has to improve. Based on his improvement this year, I actually expect our tight ends to have a tremendous year next year.

Hey guys, I believe Grigson has come to realize that overpaying for mid level free agents is not the way to go. With that being said, I believe he will go after the so call "stars" this offseason. After watching last nights game, there are a number of guys on the team who should be cut but most likely won't. However, I do believe Grigson will cut ties with Toler(too injury prone)  Landry (also injury prone, helps us long term with cap space plus he is horrific in coverage) and Satele (enough said).We will retain most of our own FA. 
QB: Luck
RB:D.Brown,Ballard,Richardson
WR: Wayne, James Jones(provides us with a legit #2 receiver, allows ty to move to slot where he is most effective), Hilton, Brazill, Whalen
TE: Allen, Fleener, Doyle
OT: Castonzo, Cherilus
G: Thomas, Asomoah(very solid guard, helps our interior line)
C: Mack(Grigson will go all in for one of the best centers in football)

De: Redding, Jean Francois

Dt: Soliai (good presence in the middle, shouldn't be too expensive) (Chapman for depth)

ILB: Freeman, Spikes(great against stopping the run, could come as a bargain)(McNary for depth)

OLB: Mathis, Walden/Werner(would absolutely love to see colts get orakpo but afraid he will cost too much,he and mathis would be lethal together)

S: Bethea(need his presence, still has enough left in tank) Bernard Pollard(local Indiana kid, exceptional in coverage plus hard hitter. Exemplifies the word"grit")

CB:Vontae, Dominique Rodgers Cromartie(solid #2, great season with Den), Darius Butler, Will Blackmon(corner from jags, adds depth) 

P: McAfee(will overpay for his services)

K: Vinateri(cheap one year deal, his last year in the NFL) 

In summary, I believe Grigson will fill all holes mostly through Free Agency.I believe he will use the draft in acquiring depth. What do you guys think?