Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew Luck's Beard

Will We Have Pat McAfee Next Year?

13 posts in this topic

Pat's a fan favorite, or at least he's one of my favorite Colts player, because of just the things he does and how he reacts to them. From the GIANT Trindon Holliday return hit against the Broncos, to the PED test the following day, to the Pat McAfee show, to the drunk swim session that one year, to the car thing to that army guy at Lucas Oil Stadium, and now to the Nude Luck picture, Pat brings life to the Colts organization. He's also one of the best punters in the league, especially at pinning the opponent in their own 20. However, he's fallen off a bit this year. So, my question to you guys is do you think Pat McAfee will return next year?

IND_The Catch_728x90

YEESS!!!!!! Pat McAfee should return. He does bring life to the Colts community. How can you hate a guy like this? He is truly the fan favorite

I am not sure.  I figured he would get tagged last year and he did but I also expected the Colts would work out a long term deal after he was tagged and they didn't.  He is a hold over from the Polian era which is a strike against him because GMs tend to like their own guys.  However, he is very good at what he does that I think that would trump that fact but I am also not Ryan Grigson.  I know the local media says Pat really wants to stay here so I doubt he's going to go on the market looking for the biggest offer he can get and probably look for a deal that will let him stay with the Colts but if they don't give him one then yeah clearly he'll leave. 

I am not sure.  I figured he would get tagged last year and he did but I also expected the Colts would work out a long term deal after he was tagged and they didn't.  He is a hold over from the Polian era which is a strike against him because GMs tend to like their own guys.  However, he is very good at what he does that I think that would trump that fact but I am also not Ryan Grigson.  I know the local media says Pat really wants to stay here so I doubt he's going to go on the market looking for the biggest offer he can get and probably look for a deal that will let him stay with the Colts but if they don't give him one then yeah clearly he'll leave. 

GM's tend to like players that are good at their jobs.  I think who brought them here first is not very important.

GM's tend to like players that are good at their jobs.  I think who brought them here first is not very important.

Which is why I said "However, he is very good at what he does that I think would trump that fact..."

I'd like to say, "Yes, he's really good for the team and the locker room, but, well...you know."

I hope they can make a deal with him of some sort to keep him.  He's great for team morale and for the city of Indy.  My wife is constantly cracking up at Facebook Fridays. 

I don't think GMs, particularly Grigson, have anything against holdovers from previous GMs.  If that was the case Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis would be playing somewhere else.

I sure hope he sticks around.  He is one of my favorites, as well as one of the most entertaining Colts on the field and off.

I don't think GMs, particularly Grigson, have anything against holdovers from previous GMs.  If that was the case Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis would be playing somewhere else.

Clearly people are missing the part where I said the fact he's very good at what he does I think trumps that.  Also yes GMs do tend to dump guys from the previous GMs unless they are stars like Wayne or Mathis why do you think Grigson gutted the roster when he came in?  If there wasn't a problem with talent to start with they wouldn't have been brought in.  GMs like to win or lose with their own, again unless you have star players.  Is McAfee a star player?  I think he is but I also thought the Colts would have worked out a long term deal with him last season to avoid having to dealing with him this off-season too.  The fact that he didn't tells me Grigson is at least open to maybe moving on from McAfee.  Does it mean they will?  I hope they don't but I am not going to be completely blown away by it if it happens.