Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Herm Edwards: I'd Draft Luck And Trade Peyton

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does he think that luck would be able to instantly play with our complex offense? reggie even said he didnt learn this offense completely til his 3rd year

Once again.

It.

Is.

Not.

A.

Complex.

Offense.

Sorry, that's straight out of Moore's mouth. Stampede Blue had a great article about it a few years ago. It's not complex, it's just all built on timing. The routes aren't hard, nor do they have anywhere near the number of routes of teams like NE and GB.

Once again.

It.

Is.

Not.

A.

Complex.

Offense.

Sorry, that's straight out of Moore's mouth. Stampede Blue had a great article about it a few years ago. It's not complex, it's just all built on timing. The routes aren't hard, nor do they have anywhere near the number of routes of teams like NE and GB.

if its not complex why cant any qb expect peyton excel in it? why have players said it takes them years to learn this offense

if its not complex why cant any qb expect peyton excel in it? why have players said it takes them years to learn this offense

What other QB's have tried? It took Peyton a bit to master it, so you would have to give any other QB the same time, like a full season at least.

What other QB's have tried? It took Peyton a bit to master it, so you would have to give any other QB the same time, like a full season at least.

well if its such a simple offense collins should have figure it out from the start. painter has had three years and still doesnt look like he knows the offense

Anyone else see Herm Edwards say this on Audibles on ESPN?

Because you don't want to see Peyton ride off into the sunset and play for another team? If you care about the team over player, then getting Luck, getting him in and playing and addressing your QB needs for the next decade plus. I don't hear to many GB fans being upset now that GB traded Farve...

Edited by Maureen
name calling

The plays and routes are not complex. What is complex is getting the QB and WR on the same page. Making sure they both read the defense in the same way so they both know what route the WR will be running. It's not that the routes or plays are complex, but it's more read and react than most teams run.

Once again. It. Is. Not. A. Complex. Offense. Sorry, that's straight out of Moore's mouth. Stampede Blue had a great article about it a few years ago. It's not complex, it's just all built on timing. The routes aren't hard, nor do they have anywhere near the number of routes of teams like NE and GB.

It's also built on being able to read defenses and knowing what play and audible Peyton is calling. From what I read a while back he is given a basic formation. Then based on the defense he has multiple plays that can be called - and then audibles from that play.

If you think it's easy to get all of that done in a few seconds and the make the right call every time I've got some land for sale in Florida.

The offense might be complex in itself, but running it isn't a piece of cake.

The plays and routes are not complex. What is complex is getting the QB and WR on the same page. Making sure they both read the defense in the same way so they both know what route the WR will be running. It's not that the routes or plays are complex, but it's more read and react than most teams run.

which is why its complex. if you dont know what read your suppose to make on the play your not gonna succeed in this offense and that takes a lot of time for both qb and wr to understand that and be on the same page

You cant stop drafting players because you dont like the coaches..

not my point. why draft superstar defensive players when your not gonna fully use their talents and make them play soft

Edited by coltsrule91

That's true Chad....WE should listen to him. :shh:

Well since he has done two things that I am willing to bet not one person on this forum has done, then yes his view carries a bit more weight then those here. Given he has played and coached, he knows a little bit more then we do.

If had what, like a week to learn it. HOw did Peyton do in his first game? Learning a system like the colts have and then actually doing it in a game takes time.

painter had three years and still doesnt seem to know where the ball has to go. this offense is complex

which is why its complex. if you dont know what read your suppose to make on the play your not gonna succeed in this offense and that takes a lot of time for both qb and wr to understand that and be on the same page

It's only complex from the perspective that more responsibility and burden is placed on the QB (rather than the OC) making not only the right playcall but also the right pre-snap read of the defense. Most Qbs get the play call from the OC and they have to read the defense to see which receiver is the likely target to be open. They're not trying to determine what play to call.

If the Colts coaches/FO continue to think that other QBs can do the same thing Peyton does at the line then that just furthers the argument that they need to go and bring in coaches who realize that most QBs are not going to be able to do the things at the LOS that Peyton does.

Therefore, if you simplify what the QB has to do at the LOS and put more of the burden on the OC, where most teams place that burden, then no the Colts offense is not all that complex.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 29, 2011 - name calling discussion
Hidden by Nadine, October 29, 2011 - name calling discussion

maroon is a fun way to say it without getting bleeped and it's the "Bugs Bunny" way of saying it. They were using maroon on purpose..

Also, if the Colts trade Manning, it would give me great pleasure to see him beat the Colts badly (yes, I'm a Peyton fan, not a Colts fan)

Yeah I got it now. I figured it out when I went to type the other word and received a * icon in its place. Hence my Big Brother joke.

What if Peyton brings you more via a trade then the #1 pick? I mean according to some here Peyton is da man, so maybe Dallas and JJ who has money would hand over a boat load for Peyton with the thought he he gets us to the SB the next 2-3 seasons and I am a win now type of guy and then we begin the rebuild with Luck.

You do know we have more then just 1 pick in the draft....

But we need a corner....a safety...a LB and a tackle...

..and I believe that Manning will be back (we're getting indications) this year..

..I dont think we can afford to draft a player who, in the best case scenario, will not play next year

There is a HUGE difference in sitting on the bench and watching and actually doing in a live NFL game.

hes had 5 games and 3 years to learn the offense and hes still missing the target like the bucs game where collie got open in the middle and instead of reading the play and making the throw early he takes a sack.

Guys Teams IMO would pay a butt load of Draft picks and prbl even a star D player get Manning. (heck think the Jets give you ALL their draft picks and Sanchize for him lol, BUT PLEASE DONT DO THAT! lol)

Oh man . Jaime..you said it.....

Rex would give up sucking toes to get Mannjng.....and you know they'd be winning...