Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did you hear about this floating around about the NFL fix on Chargers winning the SB?

chad72

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really felt like the fix was in for the Ravens last year. Arians comes down with an inner ear infection and can't even come to the game. The Rahim Moore brain fart and Peyton Manning pick in the Broncos game. The Pats taking the second half off in their game. And of course the SB with the holding on the last play that was not called.

Now Old Crow will appear and tell me to take a hike ... ok, ok. But that is an awful lot of things going the Ravens way. Just saying ... and I didn't even mention the deer antler spray.

I really felt like the fix was in for the Ravens last year. Arians comes down with an inner ear infection and can't even come to the game. The Rahim Moore brain fart and Peyton Manning pick in the Broncos game. The Pats taking the second half off in their game. And of course the SB with the holding on the last play that was not called.

Now Old Crow will appear and tell me to take a hike ... ok, ok. But that is an awful lot of things going the Ravens way. Just saying ... and I didn't even mention the deer antler spray.

So the NFL paid Brady to play like hot garbage in the AFC championship? Seems legit

Yep heard it. ;)

What scares me a little is our history and Peyton's is shotty at best vs. SD so it would not be insanely difficult for the general public to believe SD would get to the SB if they went through both teams. If they went through NE.....well they have had losses there.

God I hope it's not true. We'll see this weekend. And this email from this guy was dated December 23rd......

Yep heard it. ;)

What scares me a little is our history and Peyton's is shotty at best vs. SD so it would not be insanely difficult for the general public to believe SD would get to the SB if they went through both teams. If they went through NE.....well they have had losses there.

God I hope it's not true. We'll see this weekend. And this email from this guy was dated December 23rd......

Well, if another team beats both Peyton and Brady in their house and the Seahawks in the SB, hmmm...:)

I will be watching more closely the calls and non-calls with SD now.

Well, if another team beats both Peyton and Brady in their house and the Seahawks in the SB, hmmm... :)

I will be watching more closely the calls and non-calls with SD now.

Well the 2005 Steelers had to beat Cincy, then Peyton and then went to Denver before they nailed Seattle. Only Baltimore successfully did the Peyton/Brady combo.

It's all very odd......

Um...

The Chargers beat the Eagles in the home opener. That means they win, sucks that we do not play them at their stadium next year or else i would hope to open there.

According to this dude the Eagles opener thingie is all a fix for fun and might now have to end since so many have caught onto it. Heck even the networks put it up on the screen now.

There have been some very questionable events leading up to super bowl's in the past 15 years or so...completely unbiased (except one ;p), here are a few exampes:

1. the year after the 9/11 attack, tom brady comes out of no where to lead the "patriots" to a super bowl on a last second field goal against a HEAVILY favored rams team.

2. "New Orleans" Saints superbowl win the year after Hurrican Katrina on a "calculated risk" onside kick after half time against our beloved undefeated regular season colts (and the awful stare down pick at the end)

3. They got 2 birds with 1 stone on this one...Ray Lewis, a symbol of passionate football (dirty if you ask me) announces his retirement and all of a sudden the wild card ravens run the table on back to back miraculous comebacks (which flacco didnt do all year) and they got the epic match up of the "Harbough brothers" (i was a year early in predicting that one)

The fact is, America (and Vegas) love under-dogs.  Look it up, something like 5 out of the last 6 super bowl winners have been wild card teams...

There are other obvious clues that either Vegas, or someone very powerful has a hand in these games...thoughts?

A guy got fired and slanders his boss.  Not the first time this has happened.  Not to mention, it would be pretty difficult to make this happen.

Well, a competitive team, if the game is close, can get calls and non-calls in its favor to keep the game close. He wrote this on Dec.23rd. I'm going to watch SD games more closely now :), whether it is true or not.

Well the 2005 Steelers had to beat Cincy, then Peyton and then went to Denver before they nailed Seattle. Only Baltimore successfully did the Peyton/Brady combo.

It's all very odd......

Well, the Steelers did have the Jerome Bettis, native of Detroit, retirement story, finishing in a SB in Detroit??? :)

The bogus offensive PI call that took away Jeremy Stevens' TD pass from Hasselback in the SB, need I remind you? Heck, Randy Moss pushes off more and gets away with it, that was nothing compared to that.

Jets did the Peyton and Brady combo too but since those were in the wild card and divisional round, they did not make it to the SB and lost to Pitt.

Hey, Colts got the new stadium in 2008, didn't they, after the 2006 SB win??? When did the Giants and Jets get their new stadium? :) Didn't MetLife get the rights in 2011 for the new stadium?

No many are started by you and iron patriot. And any time you get a new bit of info that makes you think Tom is better then Peyton you always think you have try and start a Brady vs Manning thread

I have been on this board one year and have started a fraction of the threads on Brady or Manning for that matter. It is an obsession for sure but more on the part of Colts fans.

Well, the Steelers did have the Jerome Bettis, native of Detroit, retirement story, finishing in a SB in Detroit??? :)

The bogus offensive PI call that took away Jeremy Stevens' TD pass from Hasselback in the SB, need I remind you? Heck, Randy Moss pushes off more and gets away with it, that was nothing compared to that.

Jets did the Peyton and Brady combo too but since those were in the wild card and divisional round, they did not make it to the SB and lost to Pitt.

Hey, Colts got the new stadium in 2008, didn't they, after the 2006 SB win??? When did the Giants and Jets get their new stadium?

Out of all the AFC teams left I think the Pats are the only ones with no patterns on their side. One will have to go down with the Chargers/Broncos and the Colts/Chiefs thing goes back to 1995. Not sure what NE has going for them but if they should lose anytime soon they have the injury excuses in the media already built up heavily.

And if any of this is true it makes me wonder if Manning's records/MVP etc. will all just be a consolation prize again for him.

There have been some very questionable events leading up to super bowl's in the past 15 years or so...completely unbiased (except one ;p), here are a few exampes:

1. the year after the 9/11 attack, tom brady comes out of no where to lead the "patriots" to a super bowl on a last second field goal against a HEAVILY favored rams team.

2. "New Orleans" Saints superbowl win the year after Hurrican Katrina on a "calculated risk" onside kick after half time against our beloved undefeated regular season colts (and the awful stare down pick at the end)

3. They got 2 birds with 1 stone on this one...Ray Lewis, a symbol of passionate football (dirty if you ask me) announces his retirement and all of a sudden the wild card ravens run the table on back to back miraculous comebacks (which flacco didnt do all year) and they got the epic match up of the "Harbough brothers" (i was a year early in predicting that one)

The fact is, America (and Vegas) love under-dogs.  Look it up, something like 5 out of the last 6 super bowl winners have been wild card teams...

There are other obvious clues that either Vegas, or someone very powerful has a hand in these games...thoughts?

Hurricane Katrina was in 2005, the Saints won the SB in the 2009/10 season. It only seemed like it was right after Katrina because the Saints and the Media over used that story ad nauseum to gain sympathy.

1. the year after the 9/11 attack, tom brady comes out of no where to lead the "patriots" to a super bowl on a last second field goal against a HEAVILY favored rams team.

The fact is, America (and Vegas) love under-dogs. Look it up, something like 5 out of the last 6 super bowl winners have been wild card teams...

We weren't undefeated.....

There are other obvious clues that either Vegas, or someone very powerful has a hand in these games...thoughts

The "pattern" to each of your points is EMOTION. 

Every football fan knows the power of a team that is fueled by belief and emotion. 

No outside force can make a team play good enough to guarantee a win nor impact things well enough to guarantee a loss.

Hurricane Katrina was in 2005, the Saints won the SB in the 2009/10 season. It only seemed like it was right after Katrina because the Saints and the Media over used that story ad nauseum to gain sympathy.

The media was KEY for the Saints in 2009.....big time. So big that I felt a lot was ignored with the beating the Saints put on Favre at the time. Until later when they threw out bounty gate. Paying the piper......Pats got spygate too after all those SB wins eventually. Makes you go hmmmm at times, well for me anyway.

Again I hope none of this is true but I also felt that the Ravens got away with a lot last year vs. the Broncos and 49ers. In 2005 we did get a huge call to be our way we didn't deserve in the divisional vs. the Steelers but at the same time the league loves to keep games closer at times then they should be.

The media was KEY for the Saints in 2009.....big time. So big that I felt a lot was ignored with the beating the Saints put on Favre at the time. Until later when they threw out bounty gate. Paying the piper......Pats got spygate too after all those SB wins eventually. Makes you go hmmmm at times, well for me anyway.

Again I hope none of this is true but I also felt that the Ravens got away with a lot last year vs. the Broncos and 49ers. In 2005 we did get a huge call to be our way we didn't deserve in the divisional vs. the Steelers but at the same time the league loves to keep games closer at times then they should be.

Honestly, nothing would surprise me. I've said for 15+ yrs. that there is no doubt in my mind that the NBA is rigged and the champions are picked before the season even starts. It's the main reason why I gave up on that league yrs. ago. I would hate to think that the NFL is that way too, but ya just never know. With some of the flat out horrific officiating the last few yrs. and especially this season, something don't quite smell right. Like I said earlier, if the Chargers do indeed win it all this yr., then I'm going to seriously question the validity of the league from then on.

So the NFL paid Brady to play like hot garbage in the AFC championship? Seems legit

He didnt play all that bad, it was fumbles and turnovers that let the game get away from them.  That game was a lot closer than the score let on when you factor in all of those turnovers and where they occurred.  

but hey, thats football.. any given sunday

Honestly, nothing would surprise me. I've said for 15+ yrs. that there is no doubt in my mind that the NBA is rigged and the champions are picked before the season even starts. It's the main reason why I gave up on that league yrs. ago. I would hate to think that the NFL is that way too, but ya just never know. With some of the flat out horrific officiating the last few yrs. and especially this season, something don't quite smell right. Like I said earlier, if the Chargers do indeed win it all this yr., then I'm going to seriously question the validity of the league from then on.

I find this incredibly amusing.... But then I am not a conspiracy theorist about anything. 

From what any of us knew about the Chargers at the beginning of the year - what sane person would have even TRIED to rig the results?  We were 5-7 at our lowest point and exactly WHO outside of our locker room had any idea they had it in them to go 5-0 from that point on?  Do you have any idea how really foolish it would have been for the NFL to even try to rig that result?  Especially with a new GM and new Coaches?  Even San Diego's fans for the most part had given up on them.