Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Talib...how do we deal with him.

cmgww

Though I can't stand him (Google his arrest record if you want more info)...there is no doubt he is the Pats' best corner and will probably be tasked with taking away TY. And at home, IMO, he gets away with a LOT of physical contact, which is something TY has trouble with. So what do we do on offense to counter this? I see moving TY around a lot, and getting as many matchups with Rogers/Talib as possible, as Rogers is the biggest WR we have. Fleenor is another option as well, size-wise. Thoughts?

If Talib gets away with the contact I've seen this season, he will knock TY off his routes all game. Again, it all comes down to how much the refs allow...Hilton hasn't been the best at being physical, just bc of his size more than anything,

I think this works to our favor. If Talib is chasing TY around then it opens up more space for Rogers, Whalen, and Brazil...not to mention Fleener...I think Fleener can be the difference maker this game as he is fast enough to outrun most linebackers and if he can just concentrate on catching the ball each time he could be a major factor in our pass game.  

Given that the weather is going to be around 38 deg and rainy, I'm fine with pounding the rock as long as Richards isn't trying to shift hands while in traffic...Brown should get the vast...vast...majority of carries.  I think NE does a better job stopping the run vs. defending the pass though. 

yea BB isn't putting Talib on Hilton.  I think Hilton will be facing pure coverage with a safety over top and zoned LB.  They will most likely dare us to run since BB will probably see the strength of the team in the passing game.  Our best bet would be running a ton of 2 TE sets and trying our best to out muscle and play off play action.  Their front 7 is not as strong as the Chiefs.

On Offense they are going to cram their stable of RB's down our throat and hope our coverage lets up for the receivers to make big plays.  This game will definitely be determined by the ability of us to stop the run and run the ball. 

Talib doesn't have the speed to keep up with T.Y. BB will probably bracket him with Arrington and Mccourty Then put Talib on Fleener. Rogers, Whalen, and Brazil all have to step up big next week for us to win. I think Rogers will have a great game. Not on the level of T.y vs Chiefs but over 140 receiving yards with a couple of TD's.

Though I can't stand him (Google his arrest record if you want more info)...there is no doubt he is the Pats' best corner and will probably be tasked with taking away TY. And at home, IMO, he gets away with a LOT of physical contact, which is something TY has trouble with. So what do we do on offense to counter this? I see moving TY around a lot, and getting as many matchups with Rogers/Talib as possible, as Rogers is the biggest WR we have. Fleenor is another option as well, size-wise. Thoughts?

He will likely be on Rogers since his is the second biggest threat when given the chance to catch the football deep.

Does anyone know if Talib shadows other teams best receivers or does he only play one side of the filed? 

He plays the teams best receivers most of the time. The Pats even had him play covering Grahman in the Saints all game and Jimmy didn't get a catch. I would be shocked if he is not on TY no matter where he lines up with help over the top from the safety.

The Pats other corner - Logan Ryan who is a rookie has 5 picks this year in 10 games. He is a ball hawk kind of in the same vein as Asante Samuels was but Logan is more just in the right position to get the pick rather then jumping routes like Asante did all the time. Although Logan has jumped some routes too.

He plays the teams best receivers most of the time. The Pats even had him play covering Grahman in the Saints all game and Jimmy didn't get a catch. I would be shocked if he is not on TY no matter where he lines up with help over the top from the safety.

I think we all hope that's the case.

I'm more concerned how we stop your running game and short routes.

I think we all hope that's the case.

I'm more concerned how we stop your running game and short routes.

Yes. I think the match ups in this game favor the Pats offensively. The run game will be key as well as the short passes as the weather will make it tough to throw middle or deep.

Yes. I think the match ups in this game favor the Pats offensively. The run game will be key as well as the short passes as the weather will make it tough to throw middle or deep.

I wouldn't be so sure :-)

I'll give your RB stable the edge but I think our WR against your DBs over yall's receivers against our DBs, and our RBs against yalls front 7. You may have the more experienced QB/Coach (I think our HC plays a tad soft for my liking) but I think our overall team has the edge when it comes to strengths vs weakness. 

Then again all it takes if for the O to meltdown and turn it over and that will be game.  But seeing how the Colts have been this season I think that meltdown game was last week and we have about 4 good ones or so now.  :blueshoe:

Motion, Motion and more motion. 

Get TY moving at the LOS, run Talib to death. 

I imagine Talib will shadow TY all over the field, so we gotta get really really creative. 

I think this the "X-Factor" in this game is Da'Rick and Lavon. I think they will double, shadow and send safety help to TY and dare the other WRs to beat us. Therefore, lets see Da'Rick and Lavon beat them!

To say Talib cannot cover speed guys is insane, he has shut down the best including A.J Green, Julio Jones and others. If you think that, then you are in for a rude awakening, he can definitely take TY out of the game in my opinion, and Deion Sanders thinks the same thing.

TY is faster than both those guys. And what was said is that he has trouble with small speedy recievers which both Green and Jones certainly are not.

Only one way to find out what TY can do against Talib. But I wouldn't put any money on TY being shut down if I was you.