Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft Simulator

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty cool.  My first attempt gave me (with incredibly superficial analysis by myself):

WR KELVIN BENJAMIN
FLORIDA STATE
Huge target and I think another pass catcher can only help

S DEONE BUCANNON
WASHINGTON STATE
We don't know how healthy Landry can be and a lot of people haven't liked Bethea's play this year, so it's hard to say whether he will be back or not

CB CHRIS DAVIS
AUBURN
Decent size and is a smart guy (made the honour roll)

DT DEANDRE COLEMAN
CALIFORNIA
A big body for the trenches (6'5", 315 lbs), durable, and made a solid impact at Cal

CB STANLEY JEAN- BAPTISTE
NEBRASKA

Another corner because I think we need depth there with Toler being so injury prone and even Davis having some off games and injuries.  I love his size (6'3")

That's pretty cool.  My first attempt gave me:

WR KELVIN BENJAMIN
FLORIDA STATE

S DEONE BUCANNON
WASHINGTON STATE

CB CHRIS DAVIS
AUBURN

DT DEANDRE COLEMAN
CALIFORNIA

CB STANLEY JEAN- BAPTISTE
NEBRASKA

DEANDRE WILL NOT LAST LONG TRUST ME

Guest TeamLoloJones

ILB CHRISTIAN JONES

FLORIDA STATE

WR JARVIS LANDRY

LSU

RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS

OREGON

OG CHRIS WATT

NOTRE DAME

DT BEAU ALLEN

WISCONSIN

Guest TeamLoloJones

You got Landry in the 3rd round? I don't think he falls that far.

Yeah...I wouldn't be surprised if Landry was gone by our pick in the 2nd.

My next draft (superficial analysis provided):

CB KYLE FULLER
VIRGINIA TECH
Decent size at 6'0" and very accomplished career at Virginia Tech.  He could even take some snaps at safety if need be
WR DEVIN STREET
PITTSBURGH
A big, productive target.  He's 6'3", decently fast (4.4-4.5 40), and is the all-time receptions leader at Pitt (Larry Fitzgerald went there).
OT SEANTREL HENDERSON
MIAMI
He's a monster at 6'8", 330 lbs, but has had several issues.  He's been suspended by Miami for breaking team rules, he has a history of back problems, and has some maturity issues.  He didn't live up to his hype in college, but still possesses the tools to be a great OL.  I think he needs a lot of good leadership (Castonzo, Mathis, Redding) and a lot of practice and fundamental work, but he could be really good
S SEAN PARKER
WASHINGTON
NFLDraftScout rates him as the 8th best SS and SBNation ranks him as the 5th best safety in the draft.  The more I read about him, the more I like him
OG JON HALAPIO
FLORIDA
Fairly durable (though he missed a couple games with a torn pec), and a leader at Florida.  He spent time at all five positions on the OL at Florida and could really help us at our interior 3 depending on what happens with McGlynn, Reitz, Thornton, Nixon, Satele, and Holmes

I'm addicted.....

Latest attempt with analysis:

I went mostly defense with this draft.  I would have liked another OL, but there weren't any good ones when I was picking
CB KYLE FULLER
VIRGINIA TECH

Same analysis as above.  Accomplished career at Virginia Tech and could even play some safety.

DT DAQUAN JONES
PENN STATE

A big body for the trenches.  I think we need more reliable DL depth because Redding is 33, Aubrayo Franklin is 33, we don't know what we have with Montori, and Moala hasn't been anything special this year.

S JONATHAN DOWLING
WESTERN KENTUCKY

A rangy safety with good hands

WR SHAQ EVANS
UCLA

A big receiver who can help in the return game and has big play potential

OLB JONATHAN BROWN
ILLINOIS
Essentially a depth pick.  He's a little undersized for a 3-4 LB, but all he does is make tackles.  He's pretty solid in coverage too, as he had 4 pass breakups and a pick in his senior year

It updated today at noon, so let's see if anything changes.  If they could add in a function where you could trade picks, that would be sweet. Last one, then a break (I really need to stop with this):

CB KYLE FULLER
VIRGINIA TECH

Analysis above

S CALVIN PRYOR
LOUISVILLE

He possesses good size a 6'2", 208 lbs.  He was productive at Louisville and can make tackles.

WR MIKE DAVIS
TEXAS

Big, durable receiver with good production at Texas

OLB DENICOS ALLEN
MICHIGAN STATE

This pick is a big of an unknown.  He's listed as an OLB, but he's 5'11", 218 lbs.  Another very durable guy who was the Sam linebacker for the Spartans.  He can certainly make tackles, there's no question about that.  His 40 time is listed as being in the 4.6 area.  But depending on how he can do, his athleticism, and what happens with his weight, could he be moved to DB?  Bob Sanders played at around 206, and Troy Polamalu plays at around 207 (according to Wikipedia).  So if we can make him lose a bit of weight and gain some speed, could he be moved to strong safety?

CB RICARDO ALLEN
PURDUE
Analysis above

I know we already have a couple speedy small guys who can stretch the field, TY, Rainey although hurt, but DeAndre Thomas would be fun to use. He is just so fast! Don't know how well he would hold up, but he is quicker than Tavon Austin, but not built as well. Still, another toy that late would be nice, and he is not a receiver, so we could use him in multiple formations, and let him learn the slot.

This is from First-pick.com, which was all the craze last season on this forum. Just wanted to see what you guys thought if we had a mountain of mid-round picks. Personally, I'd be fine with it. Of course, even though about half of them wouldn't even make the team. Somewhere around the second half of my picks, I was picking based on position or value, sense it didn't matter too much in the later roundpost-15016-0-30281400-1388715877_thumb.js.

57 ILB CHRISTIAN JONES  FLORIDA STATE
91 WR JARED ABBREDERIS  WISCONSIN
153 RB DE’ANTHONY THOMAS  OREGON
187 OG SPENCER LONG  NEBRASKA
209 CB BENNETT JACKSON  NOTRE DAME 

Christian Jones to play along side Freeman (Replaces Angerer)

Abbrederis sure handed, good route runner receiver 6'2 4.41 40 time 

De'anthony Thomas punt returner and match up nightmare

Long back up OG to compete for starting guard

Bennett Jackson - Tall CB compete to be 4th or 5th CB.

I'm a believer in having depth at QB.

2. Aj McCarron (Good depth) QB

3. Tajh Boyd (Good speed) QB

5. Braxton Miller (athleticism) QB

6. Keith Price (Best 5th stringer you can have) QB

7. Connor Shaw (He's got balls, never heard of 22 year old wanting to shave his head for fun) QB

My most recent attempt:

C TRAVIS SWANSON
ARKANSAS

I think this is (or rather, should be) Satele's last year here.  Some have Swanson as the best C on the board and getting the best C in the late 2nd round is a steal, in my opinion.  Then, we could have a young interior 3 OL of Thornton, Holmes, and Swanson.  Add in a 25 year old Castonzo and we could have an OL group that is young, talented, and will have time to develop lots of chemistry with each other.  Our OL of the future could be set.  Cherilus is 29, so he would be the oldest of the group.  But he probably still has several good years left

WR JARED ABBREDERIS
WISCONSIN

Not only is he a good WR, but he could help out in the return game as well if we need it

S JIMMIE WARD
NORTHERN ILLINOIS

A very good SS to give us some depth, and likely several starts given Landry's injury prone body

WR CODY HOFFMAN
BYU

I know I took Abbrederis in the 3rd round, but I just didn't want to pass on Hoffman's production.  All he does is catch passes.  The more I read about him, the more I like him.  He's starting to become one of my favourite prospects

CB RICARDO ALLEN
PURDUE

Analysis above

My most recent attempt:

C TRAVIS SWANSON

ARKANSAS

I think this is (or rather, should be) Satele's last year here.  Some have Swanson as the best C on the board and getting the best C in the late 2nd round is a steal, in my opinion.  Then, we could have a young interior 3 OL of Thornton, Holmes, and Swanson.  Add in a 25 year old Castonzo and we could have an OL group that is young, talented, and will have time to develop lots of chemistry with each other.  Our OL of the future could be set.  Cherilus is 29, so he would be the oldest of the group.  But he probably still has several good years left

WR JARED ABBREDERIS

WISCONSIN

Not only is he a good WR, but he could help out in the return game as well if we need it

S JIMMIE WARD

NORTHERN ILLINOIS

A very good SS to give us some depth, and likely several starts given Landry's injury prone body

WR CODY HOFFMAN

BYU

I know I took Abbrederis in the 3rd round, but I just didn't want to pass on Hoffman's production.  All he does is catch passes.  The more I read about him, the more I like him.  He's starting to become one of my favourite prospects

CB RICARDO ALLEN

PURDUE

Analysis above

I like the Ricardo Allen pick. I watched that guy every Saturday at Purdue for the past 3 years. Awesome player.

I'm a believer in having depth at QB.

2. Aj McCarron (Good depth) QB

3. Tajh Boyd (Good speed) QB

5. Braxton Miller (athleticism) QB

6. Keith Price (Best 5th stringer you can have) QB

7. Connor Shaw (He's got balls, never heard of 22 year old wanting to shave his head for fun) QB

Boyd at WR, McCarron at QB, Luck at TE, Miller at RB...stacked offense

He's been available in the 7th round of almost every simulation I've done.  I haven't looked up a really good analysis of him.  What can you tell me about him?

Good man to man corner, gets physical at the LOS. Undersized, but he's got a lot of game in him. Probably a special teamer, but depending on his development...not any worse than Josh Gordy.

C TRAVIS SWANSON

ARKANSAS

Swanson would be an up grade from Satele.  Regarded as one of the best centers in the draft.

S DION BAILEY

USC

Bailey would be a possible replacement for Bethea (this year or next).  Bailey is a 3 year starter at USC and can play either safety position.

ILB LAMIN BARROW

LSU

Barrow would be another ILB to play behind Freeman and McNary.  Barrow is versatile, can play inside and out.  He is also a solid tackler that does a good job wrapping up.

WR T.J. JONES

NOTRE DAME

A reliable WR runs very good route and has outstanding hands.

CB PIERRE DESIR

LINDENWOOD

Small school CB who will shoot up draft boards.  Very good cover skill.

I went unconventional, but how many rushing yards the defense gives up and the lack pass rushing, I decided that those were my top choices for BPA as well.  I would be pretty shocked Donald is there for our 2nd rounder, but hey...he was in my mock.

YOUR PICKS

DT AARON DONALD

PITTSBURGH

DE JACKSON JEFFCOAT

TEXAS

OG RYAN GROY

WISCONSIN

CB VICTOR HAMPTON

SOUTH CAROLINA

S ISAIAH LEWIS

MICHIGAN STATE