Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AllYouNeedIsLuck

Von MIller Out for Season- Torn ACL

31 posts in this topic

No Dumervil, No Von Miller, No Ryan Clady, 3 key pieces gone from the roster in a year.

Sometimes, it can rally a team. See Giants without Tiki Barber and Jeremy Shockey, Packers without several starters in 2010, Ravens without Ladarius Webb last year etc.

We will see how it plays out.

No Dumervil, No Von Miller, No Ryan Clady, 3 key pieces gone from the roster in a year.

Sometimes, it can rally a team. See Giants without Tiki Barber and Jeremy Shockey, Packers without several starters in 2010, Ravens without Ladarius Webb last year etc.

... Colts without Reggie Wayne :)

1 person likes this

... Colts without Reggie Wayne :)

Yep, I see what you did there. That is why you don't count a team out in the playoffs. If a team is good enough to make it there, chances are, with a few breaks here and there, they can get to the big dance :).

And their defense was already terrible.  Watch them become the first team to score 50 in a loss come playoff time.  :Yikes:

1 person likes this

& no Vickerson in Middle that's why also just got Mincey, &   Broncos  have no idea about Wolfe yet

They had Big Vick when Von was suspended 

D is a mess, played well yesterday but thats not a playoff team with stellar QB 

From top 5 D with Tebow / orton to bottom 5 for Peyton , 

Hope u r right and does rally the troopps but reminds me of when Freeney went down 

anyone else out there for some rotational depth

And their defense was already terrible.  Watch them become the first team to score 50 in a loss come playoff time.  :Yikes:

Didn't they go 6-0 without Miller to start the season. Yes, it will hurt but if that defense plays anywhere close to average, they can still win it all. They have some other players who will be coming back for the playoffs.  :D

1 person likes this

ESPN just reported that Miller is getting a second opinion. If he can get anyone to approve, I think he will brace it up and go in the playoffs.  :D

Doubt he will get anyone to give him the ok unless he finds that dr. from the simpsons. lol. If he tries to play with that he will end his career.

Doubt he will get anyone to give him the ok unless he finds that dr. from the simpsons. lol. If he tries to play with that he will end his career.

Elway played his entire college and pro career with a torn acl.

ESPN just reported that Miller is getting a second opinion. If he can get anyone to approve, I think he will brace it up and go in the playoffs. :D

He's not getting anyone to sign off for him to play on a torn ACL.

No kidding. I didn't know that. Elway was always tough as nails.

But Qb is far different from a pass rusher. I have yet to see any article that says he is getting another opinion to try to play.

No kidding. I didn't know that. Elway was always tough as nails.

But Qb is far different from a pass rusher. I have yet to see any article that says he is getting another opinion to try to play.

very true, and it is a much different league now.

Elway was also a QB..    A QB demands nowhere close to as much on their bodies as most other positions, especially when their lower half.

Elway was also a QB.. A QB demands nowhere close to as much on their bodies as most other positions, especially when their lower half.

no, i totally agree. Just a general observation

too bad about the injury . . . for the long term hope he gets better and can come back next year . . .

as for his lost on the team, time will tell . . . a lot of teams are loosing key players, just a bad year for injuries . . .

ESPN just reported that Miller is getting a second opinion. If he can get anyone to approve, I think he will brace it up and go in the playoffs.  :D

Do you have a link for this? I have not read or heard anything about him trying to play.

I was hoping the Patriots and all teams are 100% healthy and to play each other to see who the best team is.

It's bad for Von, I don't wish harm on anyone.  I wish Von a speedy recovery and a long healthy career.  But now it just evens out the Broncos with the Pats and Colts and other teams that have injuries.

For this to be fair teams have to all be 100% healthy or have to have an equal number of injuries because as a Patriots fan I don't want my banged up Pats who have many injuries playing a 100% healthy team.  NO WAY!  I don't want any team to have a competitive edge over my teams.

1 person likes this

I was hoping the Patriots and all teams are 100% healthy and to play each other to see who the best team is.

It's bad for Von, I don't wish harm on anyone.  I wish Von a speedy recovery and a long healthy career.  But now it just evens out the Broncos with the Pats and Colts and other teams that have injuries.

For this to be fair teams have to all be 100% healthy or have to have an equal number of injuries because as a Patriots fan I don't want my banged up Pats who have many injuries playing a 100% healthy team.  NO WAY!  I don't want any team to have a competitive edge over my teams.

agree totally, never would happen , but would be great if all teams were full strength like 2 opposing armies entering the initial battle , with initial battle plan and winner takes all, no excuses, just your best Vs their best

Do you have a link for this? I have not read or heard anything about him trying to play.

No, they just said it in sports center. I have not heard it again. It looks like he is out for the year.  :D

He's not getting anyone to sign off for him to play on a torn ACL.

Absolutely......He'll be on injured reserve before Sunday.

Von is just hoping for a miracle....He's having a hard time accepting the end of his year.

..I think the team is just letting him work his head around to reality

The numbers dont support that..

In 15 games..Denver has allowed 28 or less 12 times....23 or less eight times..

Given up more than 30 only 3 times...

Every loss hurts but the Bronocs went to more 5 and 6 defensive back sets.

they have a lot of secondary depth now with Champ back.

They can survive this..

1 person likes this

They can survive this..

I read from another member on here that Champ isn't his old self and he's not fully healthy.  He got torched in the playoffs last year against the Ravens.

bayone wrote this: " totally has played 2 games worth of time, played limited for first time in weeks as nickel back last week, rusty."

I think the Ravens defense is better than the Broncos defense and the Patriots beat the Broncos and smoked the Ravens.

Something about the Broncos I don't trust and I don't fear as a Patriots fan.  I fear the Chargers and Colts more than the Broncos since I think they match up better against the Patriots.

1 person likes this

They can survive this..

They are 22 in points allowed which is by far the worst of all the AFC post-season teams who are all top 12 or better.

I read from another member on here that Champ isn't his old self and he's not fully healthy.  He got torched in the playoffs last year against the Ravens.

bayone wrote this: " totally has played 2 games worth of time, played limited for first time in weeks as nickel back last week, rusty."

I think the Ravens defense is better than the Broncos defense and the Patriots beat the Broncos and smoked the Ravens.

Something about the Broncos I don't trust and I don't fear as a Patriots fan.  I fear the Chargers and Colts more than the Broncos since I think they match up better against the Patriots.

Very true.

Colts will beat Patriots right now.

They are 22 in points allowed which is by far the worst of all the AFC post-season teams who are all top 12 or better.

But not terrible...They've won with that for 2 years..and a lot of those points are garbage points..after the game's been decided..

They score far more than most....Their margin of victory is higher than anyone.

Only 3 of 15 teams have scored more than 28..That';s good in today's NFL

..and certainly winnable for them..

,,,not terrible..not garbage..by the numbers

Champ Bailey was all pro last year...He had one bad game.

He's been hurt and inactive 12 times this year but he did play well at Houston...in a limited role

That's all you can go by..

They don't have Kevin Vickerson in the line and Von Miller on the edge...big losses......

The Broncos are playing 5 and 6 defensive backs on most downs..and its been good

Top draft choice..the lineman Sylvester Wiliiams,.,.was very good last week...in for Vickerson

last 2 weeks..SD scored 27..Houston scored 13...

Cant argue with the results

He's been hurt and inactive 12 times this year but he did play well at Houston...in a limited role

They don't have Kevin Vickerson in the line and Von Miller on the edge...big losses......

The Broncos are playing 5 and 6 defensive backs on most downs..and its been good

Top draft choice..the lineman Sylvester Wiliiams,.,.was very good last week...in for Vickerson

Yeah I wrote that --- bayone wrote this: " totally has played 2 games worth of time, played limited for first time in weeks as nickel back last week, rusty."

He is on a pitch count and Denver would love it if he continues to get his foot feeling better and can go outsiide, but in the slot last week with Harris and Cromartie on the outside , it wasnt that bad in the end, but andre Johnson when he covered him made some drops too

They can survive this..

The most points any Super Bowl winning team has allowed is 400, and that was the 2011 Giants.  It's usually closer to 300.  The Broncos have currently given up 385 points.  In fact, as I discussed in another thread on the topic, only 6 teams in NFL history have allowed at least 400 points and ended the regular season with a winning record.  It is, perhaps, a testament to how good the Broncos' offense is that only one of those teams was more than 1 game over .500 (the 2000 Rams, at 10-6).  But that still means that the Broncos will likely end up with a historically bad defense in the context of playoff teams.  Normally when a defense is as bad as the Broncos are this year, you don't make the playoffs.

forgot to multi qoute u when posted the below,, the other limited  Bailey was in he was worse than last week

Besides the below i already postedt after the line  where starts tio add Now  is some more material on him and team Inury report wednesday

He is on a pitch count and Denver would love it if he continues to get his foot feeling better and can go outsiide, but in the slot last week with Harris and Cromartie on the outside , it wasnt that bad in the end, but andre Johnson when he covered him made some drops too

========

tio add Now , last week he played after having most FULL practice times than any other week ( was 2 weeks worth of ful before they put him in )  and   did not re injure self, Denver is  hoping to increase his playing time and would really like too see how how he plays opposite Cromartie, whetherr they get that confidence in him we shall see , i am sure would like to see that before playoffs if can even if just back & forth with slot coverage

of note he wasnt on yesterdays injury repoort at all  -- also Welker & Wolfe practiced but in oothger articl;es still no word if Welker cleared to play and just that wolfe making progress, still dont know if will play  -- both of them  & Webster with cast on his surgical hand were limited as were Decker Thigh, & Peyton Ankles