Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Tryout Deion Branch

NCost12

The Indianapolis Colts worked out former New England Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch, according to a league source.

The former Super Bowl XXXIX Most Valuable Player wasn't immediately signed to a contract. The Colts also auditioned former Baltimore Ravens, Kansas City Chiefs and Washington Redskins running back Shaun Draughn and wide receiver Ty West.

Branch, 34, last played for the Patriots last season, catching 16 passes for 145 yards and no touchdowns.

Branch is a former Patriots second-round draft pick from Louisville who has caught 518 career passes for 6,644 yards and 39 touchdowns.

Branch has also played for the Seattle Seahawks.

During the Feb. 6, 2005 Super Bowl, Branch caught 11 passes for 133 yards to tie Jerry Rice and Dan Ross' Super Bowl reception record.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun.

Official Link To Article: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Colts-try-out-Deion-Branch.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Indianapolis Colts worked out former New England Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch, according to a league source.

The former Super Bowl XXXIX Most Valuable Player wasn't immediately signed to a contract. The Colts also auditioned former Baltimore Ravens, Kansas City Chiefs and Washington Redskins running back Shaun Draughn and wide receiver Ty West.

Branch, 34, last played for the Patriots last season, catching 16 passes for 145 yards and no touchdowns.

Branch is a former Patriots second-round draft pick from Louisville who has caught 518 career passes for 6,644 yards and 39 touchdowns.

Branch has also played for the Seattle Seahawks.

During the Feb. 6, 2005 Super Bowl, Branch caught 11 passes for 133 yards to tie Jerry Rice and Dan Ross' Super Bowl reception record.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun.

Official Link To Article: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Colts-try-out-Deion-Branch.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Well, there is a sign of desperation if there ever was one. That guy is very old and over the hill.  :D

This could mean Brazill's injury is a bit more serious than first thought.

I hope this isn't the case he was really coming along and showed he has play maker ability last week . I hope it's just for depth it would be traumatic another receiver going down in the playoffs and only having and only having 3 WR's left .   

I was getting ready to say this should please the group of forum members who brought up him up when Reggie went down.

Well from all accounts Branch is a good character/locker room guy so why not...

Never thought he'd come in & burn it up, just thought he'd be good for 3-4 grabs a game & maybe a few first downs...

Some of the games where the Colts sputtered in the first half, anything could've been helpful...

Well from all accounts Branch is a good character/locker room guy so why not...

Never thought he'd come in & burn it up, just thought he'd be good for 3-4 grabs a game & maybe a few first downs...

Some of the games where the Colts sputtered in the first half, anything could've been helpful...

I'm not against it, in fact I'm fine with it. I just wasn't one of the people who suggested it.

Hows your motorhome going blu? 

still trolling it up i see

I don't do any trolling. I think this is a fair statement. Who will they try out next, Hines Ward? Isn't TO still available? The motorhome is great. I am currently in Texas working and I will be until after January 1.  :D

Yeah so that must be why they brought him in for a workout huh? There's a reason they don't pay fans.

most fans say things like let's make dhb a cb or don't know who is in the field at any given time or are clueless about assignments.

I am ultra smart and would be a great hire for any franchise

most fans say things like let's make dhb a cb or don't know who is in the field at any given time or are clueless about assignments.

I am ultra smart and would be a great hire for any franchise

I was not a fan of yours on here to start. But that is changing and I think it is because you remind me of me. Always appreciate sarcasm and narcissistic commentary.

Didn't Brazill miss practice today? Anybody a little bit worried that the day Brazill misses practice, we try out Deion Branch?

Yes. I have to believe this has more to do with Brazill than it does for DHB. This is tremendously late in the season to bring in guys to replace healthy players. Too much to learn in too short of a time so to my mind it means injury over performance - yes even over DHB.

Maybe its just incase someone gets injured.  We do have only 4 WR on the roster.

Good point and no doubt the reason. But it's kinda like 5 as Whalen and Luck are so familiar with each other. So you do have a PS player that is 100% ready to go if someone can't play. So 4 on the roster and 1 on the PS.