Photo

Colts Tryout Deion Branch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#1 NCost12

NCost12
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

The Indianapolis Colts worked out former New England Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch, according to a league source.

The former Super Bowl XXXIX Most Valuable Player wasn't immediately signed to a contract. The Colts also auditioned former Baltimore Ravens, Kansas City Chiefs and Washington Redskins running back Shaun Draughn and wide receiver Ty West.

Branch, 34, last played for the Patriots last season, catching 16 passes for 145 yards and no touchdowns.

Branch is a former Patriots second-round draft pick from Louisville who has caught 518 career passes for 6,644 yards and 39 touchdowns.

Branch has also played for the Seattle Seahawks.

During the Feb. 6, 2005 Super Bowl, Branch caught 11 passes for 133 yards to tie Jerry Rice and Dan Ross' Super Bowl reception record.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun.

Official Link To Article: http://www.nationalf..._medium=twitter

Colts fan from New Jersey

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 kjyb

kjyb
  • 766 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

aww noooo hes old..... we got receivers what we need to try out is offensive lineman

"motivation is not around you its in you " 

#3 pgt_rob

pgt_rob
  • 1010 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

This could be interesting if Grigs & Irsay sign this guy. More potential receivers for the depth chart and more receivers to take the weight off of TY and Fleener to make more plays.

#4 NCost12

NCost12
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

I like the idea of bringing in a veteran to be honest... 

Colts fan from New Jersey

#5 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 13817 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

I like the idea of bringing in a veteran to be honest... 

Yeah, i doubt he[d contribute much, but another veteran presence for a young WR corps can only be a positive IMO.

A useful website for when you are debating:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#6 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18192 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

Branch would be a nice pick up as a 5th wr if he could stay healthy and was in football shape still, reliable set of hands and reliable route runner

#7 Imped

Imped
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

Sounds like they're wanting to make a deep playoff push.

Better bring in some linemen. 

#8 Bluboy

Bluboy
  • Banned
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

The Indianapolis Colts worked out former New England Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch, according to a league source.

The former Super Bowl XXXIX Most Valuable Player wasn't immediately signed to a contract. The Colts also auditioned former Baltimore Ravens, Kansas City Chiefs and Washington Redskins running back Shaun Draughn and wide receiver Ty West.

Branch, 34, last played for the Patriots last season, catching 16 passes for 145 yards and no touchdowns.

Branch is a former Patriots second-round draft pick from Louisville who has caught 518 career passes for 6,644 yards and 39 touchdowns.

Branch has also played for the Seattle Seahawks.

During the Feb. 6, 2005 Super Bowl, Branch caught 11 passes for 133 yards to tie Jerry Rice and Dan Ross' Super Bowl reception record.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun.

Official Link To Article: http://www.nationalf..._medium=twitter

Well, there is a sign of desperation if there ever was one. That guy is very old and over the hill.  :D

#9 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17679 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

I'm surprsied but it shows the team that we hope to advance in the playoffs THIS YEAR

#10 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2154 posts

aww noooo hes old..... we got receivers what we need to try out is offensive lineman

I bet you'd feel better if it meant cutting DHB.
What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#11 arkana04

arkana04
  • 514 posts

Well, there is a sign of desperation if there ever was one. That guy is very old and over the hill.  :D

Hows your motorhome going blu? 

still trolling it up i see

#12 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16762 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

This could mean Brazill's injury is a bit more serious than first thought.
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#13 Jared Jammer

Jared Jammer
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

That guy is very old and over the hill.  :D

So are you.

#14 Buck Showalter

Buck Showalter
  • 2418 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

I've been saying bring in Branch since Reggie went down...

#15 B~Town

B~Town
  • 785 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

This could mean Brazill's injury is a bit more serious than first thought.

I hope this isn't the case he was really coming along and showed he has play maker ability last week . I hope it's just for depth it would be traumatic another receiver going down in the playoffs and only having and only having 3 WR's left .   

#16 sfergson727

sfergson727
  • 1580 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Given that the guy lives in Carmel, what the heck has taken so long.

Just like my Daddy used to say..............................

#17 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16762 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

I hope this isn't the case he was really coming along and showed he has play maker ability last week . I hope it's just for depth it would be traumatic another receiver going down in the playoffs and only having and only having 3 WR's left .

Agreed
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#18 corgi

corgi
  • 2671 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

I was getting ready to say this should please the group of forum members who brought up him up when Reggie went down.

#19 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3383 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

Whoah, woke up from a bad nightmare-

Hasselbeck was handing off the Cedric Benson and throwing to Deion Branch, DHB, Mohamed Massaquoi and Todd Heap!  Oh dear... oh dear... pinch me out of here!!   

:D

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#20 Horse Shoe Heaven

Horse Shoe Heaven
  • 1857 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Intrusting!

#21 Luck12-to-Wayne87

Luck12-to-Wayne87
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

as long as da'rick still play i'm cool with it....

13-is the next-88

#22 kjyb

kjyb
  • 766 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

I bet you'd feel better if it meant cutting DHB.

lol hell yeah i would 

"motivation is not around you its in you " 

#23 Buck Showalter

Buck Showalter
  • 2418 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

I was getting ready to say this should please the group of forum members who brought up him up when Reggie went down.

Well from all accounts Branch is a good character/locker room guy so why not...

Never thought he'd come in & burn it up, just thought he'd be good for 3-4 grabs a game & maybe a few first downs...

Some of the games where the Colts sputtered in the first half, anything could've been helpful...

#24 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 8632 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

It would be good to have a vet on the field for our young we corp

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 dudeski

dudeski
  • 2032 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

and it is still a horrible idea

#26 corgi

corgi
  • 2671 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

Well from all accounts Branch is a good character/locker room guy so why not...

Never thought he'd come in & burn it up, just thought he'd be good for 3-4 grabs a game & maybe a few first downs...

Some of the games where the Colts sputtered in the first half, anything could've been helpful...

I'm not against it, in fact I'm fine with it. I just wasn't one of the people who suggested it.

#27 Bluboy

Bluboy
  • Banned
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

Hows your motorhome going blu? 

still trolling it up i see

I don't do any trolling. I think this is a fair statement. Who will they try out next, Hines Ward? Isn't TO still available? The motorhome is great. I am currently in Texas working and I will be until after January 1.  :D

#28 Bluboy

Bluboy
  • Banned
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

So are you.

That is for sure....  :D  But, I am not trying out for the Colts.

#29 BlueCollarColts

BlueCollarColts
  • 2024 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Didn't Brazill miss practice today? Anybody a little bit worried that the day Brazill misses practice, we try out Deion Branch?

Luck for MVP!

#30 corgi

corgi
  • 2671 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

Yeah so that must be why they brought him in for a workout huh? There's a reason they don't pay fans.

#31 corgi

corgi
  • 2671 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

Didn't Brazill miss practice today? Anybody a little bit worried that the day Brazill misses practice, we try out Deion Branch?

They try out guys every week. I think it has more to do with the feeling towards DHB than it does Brazill.

#32 dudeski

dudeski
  • 2032 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Yeah so that must be why they brought him in for a workout huh? There's a reason they don't pay fans.

most fans say things like let's make dhb a cb or don't know who is in the field at any given time or are clueless about assignments.

I am ultra smart and would be a great hire for any franchise

#33 Buck Showalter

Buck Showalter
  • 2418 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, because since the Broncos game Colts have had great success with the WR position...

#34 jskinnz

jskinnz
  • 2843 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

most fans say things like let's make dhb a cb or don't know who is in the field at any given time or are clueless about assignments.

I am ultra smart and would be a great hire for any franchise

I was not a fan of yours on here to start. But that is changing and I think it is because you remind me of me. Always appreciate sarcasm and narcissistic commentary.

#35 jskinnz

jskinnz
  • 2843 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

Yes. I have to believe this has more to do with Brazill than it does for DHB. This is tremendously late in the season to bring in guys to replace healthy players. Too much to learn in too short of a time so to my mind it means injury over performance - yes even over DHB.

#36 dudeski

dudeski
  • 2032 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

Yeah, because since the Broncos game Colts have had great success with the WR position...

they should have benched dhb years ago. Branch does nothing to help

#37 dudeski

dudeski
  • 2032 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

I was not a fan of yours on here to start. But that is changing and I think it is because you remind me of me. Always appreciate sarcasm and narcissistic commentary.

sometimes greatness isn't immediately recognized

#38 Johnny Bui

Johnny Bui
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

Maybe its just incase someone gets injured.  We do have only 4 WR on the roster.

#39 dw49

dw49
  • 4106 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Maybe its just incase someone gets injured.  We do have only 4 WR on the roster.

Good point and no doubt the reason. But it's kinda like 5 as Whalen and Luck are so familiar with each other. So you do have a PS player that is 100% ready to go if someone can't play. So 4 on the roster and 1 on the PS.

#40 MOB

MOB
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

I like this as a last minute move, I'd really like a veteran WR that knows how to make plays lol.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      23 Oct
    Nadine

wood peckers destroying my house again. the east side this time

Show comments (3)
View All Updates