Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCost12

Colts Tryout Deion Branch

98 posts in this topic

The Indianapolis Colts worked out former New England Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch, according to a league source.

The former Super Bowl XXXIX Most Valuable Player wasn't immediately signed to a contract. The Colts also auditioned former Baltimore Ravens, Kansas City Chiefs and Washington Redskins running back Shaun Draughn and wide receiver Ty West.

Branch, 34, last played for the Patriots last season, catching 16 passes for 145 yards and no touchdowns.

Branch is a former Patriots second-round draft pick from Louisville who has caught 518 career passes for 6,644 yards and 39 touchdowns.

Branch has also played for the Seattle Seahawks.

During the Feb. 6, 2005 Super Bowl, Branch caught 11 passes for 133 yards to tie Jerry Rice and Dan Ross' Super Bowl reception record.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun.

Official Link To Article: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Colts-try-out-Deion-Branch.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

aww noooo hes old..... we got receivers what we need to try out is offensive lineman

This could be interesting if Grigs & Irsay sign this guy. More potential receivers for the depth chart and more receivers to take the weight off of TY and Fleener to make more plays.

I like the idea of bringing in a veteran to be honest... 

Yeah, i doubt he[d contribute much, but another veteran presence for a young WR corps can only be a positive IMO.

2 people like this

Branch would be a nice pick up as a 5th wr if he could stay healthy and was in football shape still, reliable set of hands and reliable route runner

1 person likes this

Sounds like they're wanting to make a deep playoff push.

Better bring in some linemen. 

1 person likes this

The Indianapolis Colts worked out former New England Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch, according to a league source.

The former Super Bowl XXXIX Most Valuable Player wasn't immediately signed to a contract. The Colts also auditioned former Baltimore Ravens, Kansas City Chiefs and Washington Redskins running back Shaun Draughn and wide receiver Ty West.

Branch, 34, last played for the Patriots last season, catching 16 passes for 145 yards and no touchdowns.

Branch is a former Patriots second-round draft pick from Louisville who has caught 518 career passes for 6,644 yards and 39 touchdowns.

Branch has also played for the Seattle Seahawks.

During the Feb. 6, 2005 Super Bowl, Branch caught 11 passes for 133 yards to tie Jerry Rice and Dan Ross' Super Bowl reception record.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider

Aaron Wilson covers the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun.

Official Link To Article: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Colts-try-out-Deion-Branch.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Well, there is a sign of desperation if there ever was one. That guy is very old and over the hill.  :D

aww noooo hes old..... we got receivers what we need to try out is offensive lineman

I bet you'd feel better if it meant cutting DHB.

1 person likes this

Well, there is a sign of desperation if there ever was one. That guy is very old and over the hill.  :D

Hows your motorhome going blu? 

still trolling it up i see

9 people like this

This could mean Brazill's injury is a bit more serious than first thought.

I hope this isn't the case he was really coming along and showed he has play maker ability last week . I hope it's just for depth it would be traumatic another receiver going down in the playoffs and only having and only having 3 WR's left .   

I hope this isn't the case he was really coming along and showed he has play maker ability last week . I hope it's just for depth it would be traumatic another receiver going down in the playoffs and only having and only having 3 WR's left .

Agreed

I've been saying bring in Branch since Reggie went down...

I was getting ready to say this should please the group of forum members who brought up him up when Reggie went down.

Whoah, woke up from a bad nightmare-

Hasselbeck was handing off the Cedric Benson and throwing to Deion Branch, DHB, Mohamed Massaquoi and Todd Heap!  Oh dear... oh dear... pinch me out of here!!   

:D

I was getting ready to say this should please the group of forum members who brought up him up when Reggie went down.

Well from all accounts Branch is a good character/locker room guy so why not...

Never thought he'd come in & burn it up, just thought he'd be good for 3-4 grabs a game & maybe a few first downs...

Some of the games where the Colts sputtered in the first half, anything could've been helpful...

It would be good to have a vet on the field for our young we corp

1 person likes this

I've been saying bring in Branch since Reggie went down...

and it is still a horrible idea

Well from all accounts Branch is a good character/locker room guy so why not...

Never thought he'd come in & burn it up, just thought he'd be good for 3-4 grabs a game & maybe a few first downs...

Some of the games where the Colts sputtered in the first half, anything could've been helpful...

I'm not against it, in fact I'm fine with it. I just wasn't one of the people who suggested it.

Hows your motorhome going blu? 

still trolling it up i see

I don't do any trolling. I think this is a fair statement. Who will they try out next, Hines Ward? Isn't TO still available? The motorhome is great. I am currently in Texas working and I will be until after January 1.  :D

Didn't Brazill miss practice today? Anybody a little bit worried that the day Brazill misses practice, we try out Deion Branch?

Yeah so that must be why they brought him in for a workout huh? There's a reason they don't pay fans.

Didn't Brazill miss practice today? Anybody a little bit worried that the day Brazill misses practice, we try out Deion Branch?

They try out guys every week. I think it has more to do with the feeling towards DHB than it does Brazill.

1 person likes this

Yeah so that must be why they brought him in for a workout huh? There's a reason they don't pay fans.

most fans say things like let's make dhb a cb or don't know who is in the field at any given time or are clueless about assignments.

I am ultra smart and would be a great hire for any franchise

Yeah, because since the Broncos game Colts have had great success with the WR position...

most fans say things like let's make dhb a cb or don't know who is in the field at any given time or are clueless about assignments.

I am ultra smart and would be a great hire for any franchise

I was not a fan of yours on here to start. But that is changing and I think it is because you remind me of me. Always appreciate sarcasm and narcissistic commentary.

Yes. I have to believe this has more to do with Brazill than it does for DHB. This is tremendously late in the season to bring in guys to replace healthy players. Too much to learn in too short of a time so to my mind it means injury over performance - yes even over DHB.

Yeah, because since the Broncos game Colts have had great success with the WR position...

they should have benched dhb years ago. Branch does nothing to help

I was not a fan of yours on here to start. But that is changing and I think it is because you remind me of me. Always appreciate sarcasm and narcissistic commentary.

sometimes greatness isn't immediately recognized

Maybe its just incase someone gets injured.  We do have only 4 WR on the roster.

Good point and no doubt the reason. But it's kinda like 5 as Whalen and Luck are so familiar with each other. So you do have a PS player that is 100% ready to go if someone can't play. So 4 on the roster and 1 on the PS.

I like this as a last minute move, I'd really like a veteran WR that knows how to make plays lol.