Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

'NFL Films Presents': Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay's life

B-B

Talks a little about his childhood, personal memorabilia collection, and the 2000's including the 2011-2012 transition, nothing too in depth, but for those wanting to know the owner a little more

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/NFL-Films-Presents-Indianapolis-Colts-owner-Jim-Irsays-life/54dcda4d-518c-4dce-aff7-89fcdabc6c01?campaign=fb_vid__20131127_15047924

Good piece. I think irsay is a better man today for what he had to endure from his father. If Iraay had deeper pockets like a Jones or Snyder, I have no doubts we would have an even better team. It's at puts a lot of heart into the team, the game more so than into just a business first model.

Good piece. I think irsay is a better man today for what he had to endure from his father. If Iraay had deeper pockets like a Jones or Snyder, I have no doubts we would have an even better team. It's at puts a lot of heart into the team, the game more so than into just a business first model.

With a salary cap how would deeper pockets help?

Hopefully this quiets the haters a little bit. Irsay gets a pretty rough rap from everybody outside of our club. The man can be goofy and eccentric.... but he truly just loves his team. You can't fault him for that. The good thing is is that he acknowledges his "demons" a little bit, per se. He is a great man for the community and for football in general, no matter what people may think.

And I swear to God, I'm not Jim Irsay. :peek:

Wow, what a museum. President Kennedy's cigar box, Richard Nixon's resignation letter, old Baltimore Colts helmets, and three Baltimore Colts programs with a toy Mayflower truck above them. Nice!!!

Did President Nixon write "I'm not a crook" in the margins of that letter too? Only teasing!  :P

Archivists are always searching for rare 1st draft editions of landmark historical documents you know. 

Did President Nixon write "I'm not a crook" in the margins of that letter too? Only teasing! :P

Archivists are always searching for rare 1st draft editions of landmark historical documents you know.

He does have a nice collection of cool stuff , but the toy Mayflower van? He never misses a chance to take a shot at Baltimore.

He does have a nice collection of cool stuff , but the toy Mayflower van? He never misses a chance to take a shot at Baltimore.

Yeah Old Crow that did look oddly out of place with the other 1 of a kind items. I never knew that Jim was such a huge Bob Dylan fan. Jim does like to create an unforgettable "Hurricane" presence in everything he does though so I guess it makes sense if you think about it. 

In 1995 the Colts were valued at 134 million dollars.  In 2013 they are valued at 1.2 billion.  I think Irsay's pockets are well deep enough.

In 1995 the Colts were valued at 134 million dollars.  In 2013 they are valued at 1.2 billion.  I think Irsay's pockets are well deep enough.

I'm not saying he ks broke or the poorest but this is his only business venture, correct? He isn't as cash flush as several other owners is all I'm saying. The whole NFL has went up in value and the Colts are a winning franchise now, start losing agin pre Manning era, the 1.2billion price tag goes down. A chunk of that worth was because of Manning, he is not here anymore either so his sales will be missed.

I'm not saying he ks broke or the poorest but this is his only business venture, correct? He isn't as cash flush as several other owners is all I'm saying. The whole NFL has went up in value and the Colts are a winning franchise now, start losing agin pre Manning era, the 1.2billion price tag goes down. A chunk of that worth was because of Manning, he is not here anymore either so his sales will be missed.

The old man swapped the Rams for the Colts for 19 million . He made a ton of money in Baltimore, despite comments to the contrary. Indianapolis built him a dome to move to, and he got a sweetheart deal and che-ching, more money flowing in. Next LOS and more dough and revenue. The Irsay's are good businessmen, there can be no doubt about that. When you're buying 20,000 autographed guitars, you're not hurting, and no one is feeling sorry for you.

The old man swapped the Rams for the Colts for 19 million . He made a ton of money in Baltimore, despite comments to the contrary. Indianapolis built him a dome to move to, and he got a sweetheart deal and che-ching, more money flowing in. Next LOS and more dough and revenue. The Irsay's are good businessmen, there can be no doubt about that. When you're buying 20,000 autographed guitars, you're not hurting, and no one is feeling sorry for you.

What is this information about the colts have to do with business in Baltimore? Irsay does not own any other business adventures that I'm aware of. By the way, who built the ravens stadium? Did that team once reside in Cleveland and grt ripped away from their community? Now, lay off the bitterness from balt to Indy.