GCG5150 Mock Offseason

Try and Resign:

Davis ( priority)

McAfee ( also priority)

Vinateri

Brown or Bradshaw ( whoever's cheaper)

Bethea ( for not too much)

FA:

Alex Mack ( absolute must or At least Lemuel Jeanpierre from Seattle)

Arthur Jones 

( if he decides to return) Rolando McClain 

Sam Shields and Marcus Sherels ( return purposes) (if we can't get Shields, maybe trade for Jimmy Smith who from what I saw, was great vs Brandon Marshall)

Round 2 Pick 25 (S.F.): Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 14 (S.F.): Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (S.F.): Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: Boseko Lokombo, OLB, Oregon (A)
Round 6 Pick 24: Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame (A)
Round 7 Pick 12: Sean Parker, SS, Washington (F)

Round 3 Pick 1 (JAX): David Yankey, OG, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 24: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State (A)
Round 3 Pick 27 (N.E.): Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (A)
Round 3 Pick 28 (CAR): DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 30 (DEN): Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 1 (JAX): Dion Bailey, FS, Southern California (A)
Round 4 Pick 27 (N.E.): Dri Archer, WR, Kent State (A-)
Round 5 Pick 24: Ricardo Allen, CB, Purdue (A)
Round 6 Pick 24: Marquis Flowers, OLB, Arizona (B+)
Round 7 Pick 12: Corey Nelson, OLB, Oklahoma ©

We resign the priority players like McAfee, Davis, (Brown and Bethea only if they aren't costly)

We sign C Alex Mack from Cleveland, DE Antonio Smith from Houston (Mack would be our starting center day 1 and Smith would be much needed pass rush help from the DL. Will share time with Redding.)

This would be my dream offseason.

With this draft and free agency we would be mostly set everywhere as long as we don't have many busts.

We resign the priority players like McAfee, Davis, (Brown and Bethea only if they aren't costly)

We sign C Alex Mack from Cleveland, DE Antonio Smith from Houston (Mack would be our starting center day 1 and Smith would be much needed pass rush help from the DL. Will share time with Redding.)

This would be my dream offseason.

With this draft and free agency we would be mostly set everywhere as long as we don't have many busts.

Anything can happen IMO... How much did we sign Walden for? 

Round 2 Pick 25 (S.F.): Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State (A)
Round 3 Pick 14 (S.F.): Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (S.F.): Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: Boseko Lokombo, OLB, Oregon (A)
Round 6 Pick 24: Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame (A)
Round 7 Pick 12: Sean Parker, SS, Washington (F)

I am very glad to see someone noticed what kind of season Allen Robinson is having... Very glad to see him fly under the radar, but he may not make it to late second round... Colts may want to think about trading up to grab him...  He has made some "Reggie" catches this year...Thankfully this years draft class is deep in WR. 

Dont think Skov will make it to the 3rd either. He's a beast

I love the offseason.

Arthur Jones would be a great pickup. Have to let Redding go and pray to ... we never have to see Moala & Mathews again.

I`d take Davis back for Toler $$$ plus a little. He is so young but against some speedster matchups he needs some Deep S help that Bethea isn`t capable of providing.

We need a Quality Center period.
And we have to improve our defensive front 7.

We stink at ILB. That could be our 2nd rd pick. For me next may be a WR.

This week it feels good to look forward.

Anything can happen IMO... How much did we sign Walden for? 

Walden got about $3.2M in salary and a $1M signing bonus for this season, with about $4.25 guaranteed for next season.

So he will be here next season.

IMO, he is not playing as well as, and the numbers show it too, as Hughes did last season for much less$$$. Waldenn has been making some more plays tho.

A couple of Stanford comments, if I may....

Yankey is being projected (for right now) anywhere from the low 1st to the middle 2nd...   of course, that could change with the combine, pro day and private work outs...   I'm just talking about right now...

Skov is the wild card...  yes, we'd love to have him...   I suspect his ultimately draft position will depend on the 32 team doctors.  His knee injury more than three years ago was terrible.   Took 3 different surgeries to put him back together again...    

I'm sure some teams will red flag him and take him off their board.    I suspect other teams will green light him and make him a 2nd or 3rd round pick....      the doctors voice will be key for Shayne...

Great kid.   Emotional team leader.   Teammates love him.    Plays smart, hard and hurt.   Very good against the run.  Very good blitzing....  OK against the pass.    Worth watching to find out what the doctor reports are...   that'll be the key....

I am very glad to see someone noticed what kind of season Allen Robinson is having... Very glad to see him fly under the radar, but he may not make it to late second round... Colts may want to think about trading up to grab him...  He has made some "Reggie" catches this year...Thankfully this years draft class is deep in WR. 

Dont think Skov will make it to the 3rd either. He's a beast

The 1st time I saw Robinson play was against Ohio State and there is this great play which I saw and I wanted to watch more tape on him. and as I watched more, I thought " we need to get him before someone else does"

A couple of Stanford comments, if I may....

Yankey is being projected (for right now) anywhere from the low 1st to the middle 2nd...   of course, that could change with the combine, pro day and private work outs...   I'm just talking about right now...

Skov is the wild card...  yes, we'd love to have him...   I suspect his ultimately draft position will depend on the 32 team doctors.  His knee injury more than three years ago was terrible.   Took 3 different surgeries to put him back together again...    

I'm sure some teams will red flag him and take him off their board.    I suspect other teams will green light him and make him a 2nd or 3rd round pick....      the doctors voice will be key for Shayne...

Great kid.   Emotional team leader.   Teammates love him.    Plays smart, hard and hurt.   Very good against the run.  Very good blitzing....  OK against the pass.    Worth watching to find out what the doctor reports are...   that'll be the key....

I like Yankey but I feel Robinson ( WR) and Skov (ILB) are bigger needs. I watched Skov vs Oregon and I was blown away, great blitzer, good against the run ( HB or QB) and he is a bit of a thumper.

I love the off-season, free agency in particular. Love looking ahead/planning for the future. O-Line is the #1 priority. I would love to see a high quality center and some decent guards brought in through FA. WR is a tricky one this year with Wayne coming back, I would like to see us go after a good one in FA or take one high in the draft.