Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore Colts Logo

bap1331

Is there a reason we've been wearing it allot lately? Is it the anniversary or something? I one the logo. I bought a shirt with it once my size and it was still huge on me.

I'm sure Ravens fans are mad that we are wearing that logo but I love it. (Even though I'm from Maryland) lol.

Is there a reason we've been wearing it allot lately? Is it the anniversary or something? I one the logo. I bought a shirt with it once my size and it was still huge on me.

I'm sure Ravens fans are mad that we are wearing that logo but I love it. (Even though I'm from Maryland) lol.

Que?

Are you talking about the horse again? It's a Colts logo .The Colts are the Colts are the Colts (Old Crow's odd ramblings aside).

If you see them using a logo with the word "Baltimore" on it - let me know.

I have seen a lot of those hoodies with the throwback logo on the sideline of the Colts. I would love to have one of these.

http://www.nflshop.com/Indianapolis_Colts_Hoodies_And_Sweatshirts_47_Brand/47_Brand_Indianapolis_Colts_Striker_Pullover_Hoodie_-_Royal_Blue

I love it. $68 for a hoodie is ridiculous though

But rule#1 is to never buy a jersey, shirt, hoodie, or jacket unless the logo or design is screen printed or stitched. Or it won't last long.

I bought a nike shirt and after 10 washes the design is tearing apart. It sucks considering I paid 30 for it

I love it. $68 for a hoodie is ridiculous though

But rule#1 is to never buy a jersey, shirt, hoodie, or jacket unless the logo or design is screen printed or stitched. Or it won't last long.

I bought a nike shirt and after 10 washes the design is tearing apart. It sucks considering I paid 30 for it

$30 for a cheap tshirt? Now that's ridiculous

It's a throwback thing. The Pats also bring out their old logo from time to time, the Saints love flashing the old state logo, seems the Titans like rubbing in the old Oilers logo too from time to time.

Always thought this was a neat logo, could be updated, would make awesome throwback jackets.

7p537p6189e4mlcze9wwn35uy.gif

When the Colts moved they retained all Franchise Properties, the only things they left behind were hurt feelings and a band with no team to play for.

I started out as a Baltimore Colts fan, and have mixed feelings still.

Now I am 100% Indianapolis Colts fan, life goes on.

I'm sure Ravens fans are mad that we are wearing that logo but I love it. (Even thoug"h I'm from Maryland) lol.

It's not a Baltimore Colts logo, it the Colts logo. When the Colts moved, they retained the rights to everything Colts. I don't see anyone starting a thread about the "Baltimore Colts Horseshoe", why start one about this?

I think we should have a sweat-shirt with Mayflower vans on it with a skyline of Baltimore, then an arrow with the Mayflower vans right in between, then the arrow ends with a skyline of Indianapolis.  Now that would be classic!!!!!!

Only if you put a police body outline next to the Baltimore skyline...Otherwise no one would know what it was. :heh:

because its a colts logo & its pretty cool looking...

Yeah I cry myself to sleep over that every night.

I get all the franchise stuff where Irsay owns all the logos, but can't you people in Indianapolis come up with something original on your own, and stop trading off the old Baltimore Colts history ? They sell these caps in Baltimore, but I wouldn't buy it if it didn't have Baltimore on it. Otherwise , it's not a real throwback.

Next we'll be seeing t- shirts from Super Bowl 5 saying Indianapolis 16 Dallas 13 ! Don't let history get in the way of revisionism !

Is there a reason we've been wearing it allot lately? Is it the anniversary or something? I one the logo. I bought a shirt with it once my size and it was still huge on me.I'm sure Ravens fans are mad that we are wearing that logo but I love it. (Even though I'm from Maryland) lol.

The reason is they want to go back to the most successful 30 years of Colts history that happened in Baltimore. There were more titles and Hall of Famers during that era, than the current era. They want to link this logo from the golden age of Colts football, to the current one, but it's a meaningless , empty logo without the Baltimore in front of it. When people see that logo , they think the 1950's and 1960's Baltimore Colts. It would be like the LA Dodgers bringing back the Brooklyn hats as if it all happened in LA. Just preposterous.

I get all the franchise stuff where Irsay owns all the logos, but can't you people in Indianapolis come up with something original on your own, and stop trading off the old Baltimore Colts history ? They sell these caps in Baltimore, but I wouldn't buy it if it didn't have Baltimore on it. Otherwise , it's not a real throwback.

Next we'll be seeing t- shirts from Super Bowl 5 saying Indianapolis 16 Dallas 13 ! Don't let history get in the way of revisionism !

I don't see how you can say we trade off of the Baltimore history. Now when it comes to records and logos, those belong to the Colts, not to any city. But it's not like you can go into the pro shop here and find replica gear for any of the old Baltimore Colts greats. Even the SB XLI championship rings reference it as the first Indy championship.

Personally, I couldn't care less about the Baltimore Colts. I feel no connection to them. That said, there are many older fans who have followed the team since the Baltimore days.

Why should the people of Indianapolis have to come up with something original on their own? Don't try to fix something that's not broken. And even with that being said, I would take it as a compliment. It's obviously a testament to the people of Baltimore that they did a good job with thinking of a classic logo...hence it's still in use. I will give credit to Baltimore, though, for not adopting the Browns logos/colors..and coming up with the Ravens idea and such....

....however, I don't think even Helen Keller herself would have kept those egregiously looking Browns jerseys/logos.

Why should the people of Indianapolis have to come up with something original on their own? Don't try to fix something that's not broken. And even with that being said, I would take it as a compliment. It's obviously a testament to the people of Baltimore that they did a good job with thinking of a classic logo...hence it's still in use. I will give credit to Baltimore, though, for not adopting the Browns logos/colors..and coming up with the Ravens idea and such....

....however, I don't think even Helen Keller herself would have kept those egregiously looking Browns jersey

Why does Lucks head seem to be appearing on top of a bunch of different objects lately? I want a luck head on top of a Manning jersey 

Broncos Or Colts Don't matter!! Anybody got one of them are how I do it?

When the Colts moved they retained all Franchise Properties, the only things they left behind were hurt feelings and a band with no team to play for.

I started out as a Baltimore Colts fan, and have mixed feelings still.

Now I am 100% Indianapolis Colts fan, life goes on.

Me too, the only dislike I every had for the Colts was for Robert Irsay and his first GM Joe Thomas. They were both a piece  of work.

The reason is they want to go back to the most successful 30 years of Colts history that happened in Baltimore. There were more titles and Hall of Famers during that era, than the current era. They want to link this logo from the golden age of Colts football, to the current one, but it's a meaningless , empty logo without the Baltimore in front of it. When people see that logo , they think the 1950's and 1960's Baltimore Colts. It would be like the LA Dodgers bringing back the Brooklyn hats as if it all happened in LA. Just preposterous.

Can I ask who it is you're mad at?

Personally, I was only seven when the trucks rolled into town and I have no particular attachment to what happened before 1984. Well, other than Elway giving the team a big "*."

I don't think any of the citizens of Indianapolis are particularly invested in stealing any history from you.

I'm from VA (I also wasn't alive when the Colts were in Baltimore).  That said the particular logo in question is my favorite sports logo of all time.

When the Colts took the colors and horseshoe logo from Texas no one whined. Don't let history get in the way of seeing the bigger picture.

Good lord , can't you ever give it a rest? The owner of the franchise, which, believe it or not wasn't you or the city of Baltimore, decided to move to Indy......get over it.