Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Walden should be cut for that.

Dustin

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh i know..   what you meant..    most others do not tho...

To me it was a cowardly act, and he should have been tossed.... BUT..  he wasn't so Indy get him for the rest of the game..

and he just sacked the QB and did his little dance... LOL

Hey I am not calling for him to be released.  I just wanted the Personal Fouls both ways and probably objections both ways and that to be the end of it.

Look at the gif posted on page one. He BARELY makes contact and it's not with Walker's head but chest. A fine? Sure. Suspension... no way. Not deserving of it at all. (But wouldn't be surprised if Goodell does anyway because of how he is)

Ridiculous. He clearly he hits him in the face

Look at the gif posted on page one. He BARELY makes contact and it's not with Walker's head but chest. A fine? Sure. Suspension... no way. Not deserving of it at all. (But wouldn't be surprised if Goodell does anyway because of how he is)

Lol what?? He hits him in the jaw, and underside of nose and cheek. I can't tell if you're not seeing this on purpose or not.

Im sorry did you see the same video I did?  He clearly hit him in the mouth with his helmet.  

Walden will certainly get fined.   Probably a pretty good fine.

And my guess is he'll be suspended for 1 game.  

But,  cut?!?     Come on now......    

I appreciate how bad it looked,  but we have no idea what else was going on all night long....  

That's not the kind of thing that gets you cut....

Honestly,  Walden actually played pretty well in the 2nd half....     he's not having a terrible year....

Walden lost his temper, he had unsportsmanlike conduct, he was properly flagged, the play will be reviewed and he will be fined and maybe suspended but cut no that's a complete overreaction. If the team feels the NFL doesn't do enough they can also suspend but players don't get cut for a play that happens in the heat of the moment especially when the other player is essentially unharmed.

I appreciate how bad it looked,  but we have no idea what else was going on all night long....  

Honestly,  Walden actually played pretty well in the 2nd half....     he's not having a terrible year....

I know. I was really * when I wrote this so I overreacted. 

Suspension should definitely be forthcoming though.

Kind of pathetic to call for him being cut. Way to show your preconceived yet baseless bias against him. It isnt that big of deal anyways. The refs were making crap calls that were angering the defense, so the refs are the ones who brought it about anyways. Nobody will agree with me though. So by all means continue.

I know. I was really * when I wrote this so I overreacted. 

Suspension should definitely be forthcoming though.

Hey,  no biggie....    I read it so quickly I didn't even notice that it was you....    

I was not trying to give you a hard time....   I suspect there were others who agreed with you....

Emotions were running high....   at the time that happened, it looked like the Colts were gonna get run out of the stadium.

Strange, strange game.    Of course, I'll take a win like that every time!    :thmup:

Kind of pathetic to call for him being cut. Way to show your preconceived yet baseless bias against him.

and i've already said i overreacted. 

And it has nothing to do with bias. Had it been any other player on the team id say they should be suspended as well.

Sorry, you are wrong .

{click to enlarge}

WaldenHit_zpsa54fc82b.jpg

Fine and good chance of suspension.

Stupid move, embarrassing for the team from a standpoint of remaining classy, fine-able, mayyyyybe suspend-able, but in no way a cutting mistake. (OP has already back off from this stance).

If he had bloodied his mouth or broke his nose while he was defenseless, I would be calling for a cutting along with you.

In the middle of a bad penalty stretch for Indianapolis, Walden yanked off Walker's helmet and then head butted Walker.

Walker did not take it well.

"That's dirty play, there is no need for stuff like that in the NFL," Walker said. "If you're getting your butt kicked, get your butt kicked. Don't rip somebody's helmet off and then head butt them. I'm surprised he didn't get ejected. ...

"Dang, this is a sport we all play with each other, we're all family, this is a fraternity. For you to do some senseless act like that, that just tells me what type of player you are. There is no need to talk. I'm going to see him in two weeks and I'm going to whoop his butt again."

Walden was contrite after the game.

"It was a selfish act," he said of the play that drew an unnecessary roughness penalty. "It could have cost my team bigger than I did. I lost my composure. It something that can't happen. It wasn't really something he did, it was ticky-tack. I can't allow myself to take it that far."

Sniperoo!

-

"It was a selfish act," he said of the play that drew an unnecessary roughness penalty. "It could have cost my team bigger than I did. I lost my composure. It something that can't happen. It wasn't really something he did, it was ticky-tack. I can't allow myself to take it that far."

Hmmmmm........  no... not in a buying mood. 

Negged

I don't like to see that kind of stuff from any player, let alone a Colt! I appreciate his apology and find it sincere, it's not like he is going off every game. I am glad he was able to get back into the game and played well after. I completely disagree with the call on Mathis.

In the middle of a bad penalty stretch for Indianapolis, Walden yanked off Walker's helmet and then head butted Walker.

Walker did not take it well.

"That's dirty play, there is no need for stuff like that in the NFL," Walker said. "If you're getting your butt kicked, get your butt kicked. Don't rip somebody's helmet off and then head butt them. I'm surprised he didn't get ejected. ...

"Dang, this is a sport we all play with each other, we're all family, this is a fraternity. For you to do some senseless act like that, that just tells me what type of player you are. There is no need to talk. I'm going to see him in two weeks and I'm going to whoop his butt again."

Walden was contrite after the game.

It was hardly the kind of thing I expect to see from players on my beloved Colts, and despite watching the game alone last night, I was embarrassed by the thuggery.

However...

Reading the quotes, I appreciate Walden's contrition, and think Walker spouted off a bunch of stupidity.

Buy it or not. I don't recall that many times in pro sports where players have come out after such a baseless act and admit that what they did was ticky-tack. It absolutely was, but good for Walden for admitting as much.

As for Walker... you lost the game, dude. You may have whooped his butt on some plays, but your team was spotted 14 points and you lost. And I know I saw several plays after the penalty where Walden was a beast. Call it a dirty play... fine. Then shut your pie hole.

He should of been Ejected !!!!!!...

Win or Lose should not of entered the thought process !!

am disappointed that Coach did not send him to the locker room and home... after the Officials did not eject him

I believe Coach missed a Huge opportunity to Set a Perfect Example that the Colt's Do Not Tolerate this kind a play.

No Walker did not deserve to be ejected he reacted like most people would have..

PS... for those who think it was ok with the penalty.. I ask you how you felt about Vickerson punching Satele in the Denver game... and his hit was near as noticeable.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Eg6WXaoeGk&desktop_uri=/watch?v=0Eg6WXaoeGk

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/broncos_kevin_vickerson_took_a_cheap_shot_on_colts_o_lineman_samson_satele/14839436

:agree:   I was shocked when I saw it happen, and even moreso when I  watched the replays  a few times..   I was really surprised that he was not ejected from the game,  It was clearly an intent to injure.

I think it's a given that he will be fined, and I expect at least one game suspension from the League.     I am curious how the Colts Organization will handle this.   It was a bad reflection on a team that is otherwise not known for such behavior.

I know no-one ever wants to see one of their own players penalized, suspended, or ejected.   But I can't help thinking if it was reversed and a Titans player that did this to a Colts player,  the reactions here would have been a lot more Heated  :ticked:  :bomb:  :flaming:

Calm down. The refs need to get control of this. The D needs to get their composure. Walden was an * for that, no question. They need to calm down.

Yes it was bone head lol ,suspension from Colts get real people,The guy was in his face rightfully so ,You don't like the way the Colts handle things ? Find another Team  :hmm: Lol   Manning1887 you said it right they need to calm down,and so do some people in this forum  :thmsup: