Photo

Walden should be cut for that.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
270 replies to this topic

#41 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5787 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

Now Waldo is dancing..   LOL...  heheheheee

what a punk,, 

nice play..

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 Andy

Andy
  • 8768 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

Oh, he is getting suspended.

We'll have to wait and see...

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#43 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5787 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Oh i know..   what you meant..    most others do not tho...

To me it was a cowardly act, and he should have been tossed.... BUT..  he wasn't so Indy get him for the rest of the game..

and he just sacked the QB and did his little dance... LOL

Hey I am not calling for him to be released.  I just wanted the Personal Fouls both ways and probably objections both ways and that to be the end of it.

Aldous Huxley

#44 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5787 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

Bet you were clapping like a clown the last play he made?   hmmmmmmmm?

No Walden is just an *.

Aldous Huxley

#45 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5787 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

The NFL is not a church league....

Aldous Huxley

#46 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 12978 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

Bet you were clapping like a clown the last play he made?   hmmmmmmmm?

Yep. I love watching the team look good. 

He still should be suspended for his *ic bush league play. 

A useful website for when you are debating:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#47 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5787 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

So it's went from CUT to suspended?  

that's better....

Yep. I love watching the team look good. 

He still should be suspended for his *ic bush league play. 

Aldous Huxley

#48 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 12978 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

So it's went from CUT to suspended?  

that's better....

I said in a previous post i was venting.

And yes, he should be suspended.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#49 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13116 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

We'll see if he is or not.  If he is I don't think any of us are going to argue he didn't deserve it.  However, I am guessing the league fines him and moves on.  He's a first time offender as far as I know and that matters for things beyond just off the field issues.

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#50 ColtsSouljah

ColtsSouljah
  • 288 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

Look at the gif posted on page one. He BARELY makes contact and it's not with Walker's head but chest. A fine? Sure. Suspension... no way. Not deserving of it at all. (But wouldn't be surprised if Goodell does anyway because of how he is)

I drove hours to see them live when they were winning 3 games. I rock our gear every day for weeks during the playoffs. I wear our colors no matter what our record is. I don't turn off the T.V. until the clock reads 0. I rock jerseys in enemy territory. I wear my gear like a flag. I represent. All day. Every day. I am a Colts fan. I am a Colts Souljah. Do you represent?

#51 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 12978 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

Look at the gif posted on page one. He BARELY makes contact and it's not with Walker's head but chest. A fine? Sure. Suspension... no way. Not deserving of it at all. (But wouldn't be surprised if Goodell does anyway because of how he is)

Ridiculous. He clearly he hits him in the face

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#52 Gabriel Alexander Morillo

Gabriel Alexander Morillo

Gabriel Morillo

• 2090 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

Lol what?? He hits him in the jaw, and underside of nose and cheek. I can't tell if you're not seeing this on purpose or not.

#53 Bbswatching

Bbswatching
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Im sure he will be getting a phone call from the league.  And he prolly wont be playing next week

#54 csmopar

csmopar
  • 423 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

he didnt head butt anyone, he thought he saw the guy's shoes were untied and was bending down to tie them when the dude walked into the crown of Walden's helmet...................... hahahaha

#55 Bbswatching

Bbswatching
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

Im sorry did you see the same video I did?  He clearly hit him in the mouth with his helmet.  

#56 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 7646 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

Walden will certainly get fined.   Probably a pretty good fine.

And my guess is he'll be suspended for 1 game.  

But,  cut?!?     Come on now......    

I appreciate how bad it looked,  but we have no idea what else was going on all night long....  

That's not the kind of thing that gets you cut....

Honestly,  Walden actually played pretty well in the 2nd half....     he's not having a terrible year....

#57 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 733 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

Walden lost his temper, he had unsportsmanlike conduct, he was properly flagged, the play will be reviewed and he will be fined and maybe suspended but cut no that's a complete overreaction. If the team feels the NFL doesn't do enough they can also suspend but players don't get cut for a play that happens in the heat of the moment especially when the other player is essentially unharmed.

#58 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 12978 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

I appreciate how bad it looked,  but we have no idea what else was going on all night long....  

Honestly,  Walden actually played pretty well in the 2nd half....     he's not having a terrible year....

I know. I was really * when I wrote this so I overreacted. 

Suspension should definitely be forthcoming though.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#59 Derakynn

Derakynn
  • 423 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

Kind of pathetic to call for him being cut. Way to show your preconceived yet baseless bias against him. It isnt that big of deal anyways. The refs were making crap calls that were angering the defense, so the refs are the ones who brought it about anyways. Nobody will agree with me though. So by all means continue.

#60 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 7646 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

I know. I was really * when I wrote this so I overreacted. 

Suspension should definitely be forthcoming though.

Hey,  no biggie....    I read it so quickly I didn't even notice that it was you....    

I was not trying to give you a hard time....   I suspect there were others who agreed with you....

Emotions were running high....   at the time that happened, it looked like the Colts were gonna get run out of the stadium.

Strange, strange game.    Of course, I'll take a win like that every time!    :thmup:

#61 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

Walden certainly lost his cool with that headbutt.

But after that Walker was a non factor and we dominated after that. 

I don't think it was planned that way, but it fired up the team.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#62 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 12978 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

Kind of pathetic to call for him being cut. Way to show your preconceived yet baseless bias against him.

and i've already said i overreacted. 

And it has nothing to do with bias. Had it been any other player on the team id say they should be suspended as well.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com

#63 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2833 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

Sorry, you are wrong .

{click to enlarge}

WaldenHit_zpsa54fc82b.jpg

Fine and good chance of suspension.

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#64 House

House
  • 6598 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

It was dumb, but I'm not terribly bothered by it. I seriously doubt it was premeditated. Bumping heads is kind of the status quo when jawing with an opponent. I don't think he was thinking clearly at that moment.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#65 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 2910 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

He will be fined and suspended but shouldn't be cut. Werner can finally get on the field and give Mathis some help rushing the QB.

#66 bap1331

bap1331
  • 1559 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:28 AM

Maybe we need to find out what he said to him before he bumped his head against him

#67 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3477 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

Stupid move, embarrassing for the team from a standpoint of remaining classy, fine-able, mayyyyybe suspend-able, but in no way a cutting mistake. (OP has already back off from this stance).

If he had bloodied his mouth or broke his nose while he was defenseless, I would be calling for a cutting along with you.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#68 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17060 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

We will just have to wait and see what happens, At least a fine is coming

#69 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5989 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:29 AM

In the middle of a bad penalty stretch for Indianapolis, Walden yanked off Walker's helmet and then head butted Walker.

Walker did not take it well.

"That's dirty play, there is no need for stuff like that in the NFL," Walker said. "If you're getting your butt kicked, get your butt kicked. Don't rip somebody's helmet off and then head butt them. I'm surprised he didn't get ejected. ...

"Dang, this is a sport we all play with each other, we're all family, this is a fraternity. For you to do some senseless act like that, that just tells me what type of player you are. There is no need to talk. I'm going to see him in two weeks and I'm going to whoop his butt again."

Walden was contrite after the game.

"It was a selfish act," he said of the play that drew an unnecessary roughness penalty. "It could have cost my team bigger than I did. I lost my composure. It something that can't happen. It wasn't really something he did, it was ticky-tack. I can't allow myself to take it that far."

#70 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2833 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

Maybe we need to find out what he said to him before he bumped his head against him

Does not matter. That stuff and more is said all game. it's not content, it's timing!  we had 3 personal foul penalties on that "drive".  only gave up 3 points.  But still....  :(

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#71 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2833 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

Sniperoo!

-

"It was a selfish act," he said of the play that drew an unnecessary roughness penalty. "It could have cost my team bigger than I did. I lost my composure. It something that can't happen. It wasn't really something he did, it was ticky-tack. I can't allow myself to take it that far."

Hmmmmm........  no... not in a buying mood. 

#72 James

James
  • 802 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:10 AM

Negged

#73 crunked

crunked
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

As a fan I was sickened by Walden's incident of thuggery.....he deserves whatever comes his way, be it fine, suspension or both......that did not make me proud to be a Colt fan.

Based on some forum posts I think the league should devote more study to the concussive effects of hard hits on its fans too!

#74 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1558 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:42 AM

He should and likely will be suspended by the league, but we don't know what was going on up to that point.    Maybe he was being treated like J.Martin and had had enough!

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

*** DB ALL DAY ***

#75 CptHooligan

CptHooligan
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:44 AM

Sorry, you are wrong .

{click to enlarge}

WaldenHit_zpsa54fc82b.jpg

Fine and good chance of suspension.

I think it looks like Walden was apologizing and the other player was giving him a kiss on the forehead telling him he forgives him... Am I wrong?  Dangnabbit!!

Politics would be much more agreeable if business was conducted over a glass of bourbon and a good cigar.

#76 MIColtsFan

MIColtsFan
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

I don't like to see that kind of stuff from any player, let alone a Colt! I appreciate his apology and find it sincere, it's not like he is going off every game. I am glad he was able to get back into the game and played well after. I completely disagree with the call on Mathis.

Quotable Robert Mathis -The best advice I have ever received is: "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it" My motto is:"Everything happens for a reason" My autobiography would be titled:"Successful Yet Humble"

#77 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2128 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:03 AM

In the middle of a bad penalty stretch for Indianapolis, Walden yanked off Walker's helmet and then head butted Walker.

Walker did not take it well.

"That's dirty play, there is no need for stuff like that in the NFL," Walker said. "If you're getting your butt kicked, get your butt kicked. Don't rip somebody's helmet off and then head butt them. I'm surprised he didn't get ejected. ...

"Dang, this is a sport we all play with each other, we're all family, this is a fraternity. For you to do some senseless act like that, that just tells me what type of player you are. There is no need to talk. I'm going to see him in two weeks and I'm going to whoop his butt again."

Walden was contrite after the game.

It was hardly the kind of thing I expect to see from players on my beloved Colts, and despite watching the game alone last night, I was embarrassed by the thuggery.

However...

Reading the quotes, I appreciate Walden's contrition, and think Walker spouted off a bunch of stupidity.

Buy it or not. I don't recall that many times in pro sports where players have come out after such a baseless act and admit that what they did was ticky-tack. It absolutely was, but good for Walden for admitting as much.

As for Walker... you lost the game, dude. You may have whooped his butt on some plays, but your team was spotted 14 points and you lost. And I know I saw several plays after the penalty where Walden was a beast. Call it a dirty play... fine. Then shut your pie hole.

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

#78 CS Colts Fan

CS Colts Fan
  • 717 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

He should of been Ejected !!!!!!...

Win or Lose should not of entered the thought process !!

am disappointed that Coach did not send him to the locker room and home... after the Officials did not eject him

I believe Coach missed a Huge opportunity to Set a Perfect Example that the Colt's Do Not Tolerate this kind a play.

No Walker did not deserve to be ejected he reacted like most people would have..

PS... for those who think it was ok with the penalty.. I ask you how you felt about Vickerson punching Satele in the Denver game... and his hit was near as noticeable.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=0Eg6WXaoeGk

http://network.yardb...satele/14839436

#79 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3011 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

:agree:   I was shocked when I saw it happen, and even moreso when I  watched the replays  a few times..   I was really surprised that he was not ejected from the game,  It was clearly an intent to injure.

I think it's a given that he will be fined, and I expect at least one game suspension from the League.     I am curious how the Colts Organization will handle this.   It was a bad reflection on a team that is otherwise not known for such behavior.

I know no-one ever wants to see one of their own players penalized, suspended, or ejected.   But I can't help thinking if it was reversed and a Titans player that did this to a Colts player,  the reactions here would have been a lot more Heated  :ticked:  :bomb:  :flaming:

Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.  My Personality is who I am, My ATTITUDE depends on who you are.  

#80 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3699 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:13 AM

Calm down. The refs need to get control of this. The D needs to get their composure. Walden was an * for that, no question. They need to calm down.

Yes it was bone head lol ,suspension from Colts get real people,The guy was in his face rightfully so ,You don't like the way the Colts handle things ? Find another Team  :hmm: Lol   Manning1887 you said it right they need to calm down,and so do some people in this forum  :thmsup:

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Jul
    Bogie

Edmond O'Brien - a decent actor that fell off my oldies radar. D.O.A. was pretty good for a public domain film. Thank you someone for the Internet Archive.

View All Updates