Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Walden should be cut for that.

Dustin

What about the play with Vaughn (I believe?). Threw his man to the ground and held him down. lol Just a dirty game all around for everyone. Cory Redding says that Tennessee was vocally instigating all night then eventually just blew up.

That IS the NFL.  Happens all the time, every game. Not just Colts games. We are used to polished Vets that ignore the head games amd letting the scoreboard talk.  So, of course, if you not beating your man...  and the scoreboard isn't in your favor....     :(

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That IS the NFL.  Happens all the time, every game. Not just Colts games. We are used to polished Vets that ignore the head games amd letting the scoreboard talk.  So, of course, if you not beating your man...  and the scoreboard isn't in your favor....     :(

Yup, I know. It just seemed like it got the best of some people.

Sorry, but no, I don't think it's that big of a deal. These are all athlete's that don't like to be shown up. I agree, he should have let his play do his talking for him, but he reacted before thinking. IMO players should just keep their mouths shut if they don't want to be confronted. some of these players around the league want free will to run their mouths with no repercussions. When somebody makes them pay for running their mouths then they get all bent out of shape and want something done about it. I'm not endorsing it, but if your going to run your mouth then you shouldn't be surprised when somebody takes offense to it.

I agree that if you are going to run your mouth you should not be surprised when someone takes offense.  And I understand where you are coming from and if Walker had his helmet on and Walden head butted him I can see it being no big deal... that is what helmets are for but to head butt a guy after you take off his helmet is, IMO no different than stopping on a guys face after his helmet has come off or taking a cheap punch at the back on a knee while you are laying on top of him.

I think Walden responded well to the incident and the questions, he took the blame for it and said he has to control himself better than that.  Unlike Dickerson who blamed it on Satele

I don't understand why some people expect players to be perfect, they can't get angry, they can't drink alcohol, they can't have sex, they can't do this or that, is really amazing.

Because those things aren't the same area code as ripping a guys helmet off and heabutting him in the face.

Asking him not to hit someone in the face with a blunt object isn't demanding them to be perfect. It's demanding them not to be *s.

Because those things aren't the same area code as ripping a guys helmet off and heabutting him in the face.

Asking him not to hit someone in the face with a blunt object isn't demanding them to be perfect. It's demanding them not to be *s.

Have you play some sport in your life?, basketball? soccer? i don't know, some sport where you constantly clash with others players? you know, you are waiting in your position, your team keeps losing in a particular situation, they don't let you do your part, something like that, there's some guy at your side pushing and pushing and pushing you and them you get angry and want to hit him?

Asking players to be always calm is too much i think, sometimes they are going to blow and is perfectly normal, of course, maybe it would had been better if he simply said some expletive but maybe there would be another controversy because players can't said expletives either.

P.S. If my english is not polite is not because i don't want, but because is not my native language. =)

Again not to pick on you, but that was more of a head nudge/lean than a headbutt. This is not soccer, or Shakespearian Theatre so lets stop with the theatrics. Had his face erupted into a volcano of bloodflow, and he was even slightly concoused this would be a different argument. Anyway he threw a punch (at a helmet no less) in retaliation so he loses any sympathy from me.

Let's be real.  Waldon should not be given ANY suspension.  We need him too much.  We cannot afford to lose him for even one game.  So therefore, he should not be suspended.  I'm even against a fine.  A fine could have his head out of an important game and I just don't think the fine he is getting (or got) makes any sense and is a distraction to the team.  NO FINE (if you already fined him, please pay him back), and NO SUSPENSION.

Again not to pick on you, but that was more of a head nudge/lean than a headbutt. This is not soccer, or Shakespearian Theatre so lets stop with the theatrics. Had his face erupted into a volcano of bloodflow, and he was even slightly concoused this would be a different argument. Anyway he threw a punch (at a helmet no less) in retaliation so he loses any sympathy from me.

And had Walden done that to one of our players last year when he was with the Packers people would have been calling for the electric chair in here........It was very clearly a headbutt....and that was the intent...And all that was after Walden lodged his hand in the facemask of Walker and yanked off his helmet

Let's be real.  Waldon should not be given ANY suspension.  We need him too much.  We cannot afford to lose him for even one game.  So therefore, he should not be suspended.  I'm even against a fine.  A fine could have his head out of an important game and I just don't think the fine he is getting (or got) makes any sense and is a distraction to the team.  NO FINE (if you already fined him, please pay him back), and NO SUSPENSION.

Not up to the COLTS;  the league will handle it and i expect at least a 1 game suspension and hefty fine.  He won't do it again....

Something has to be done.  Just because "we need him" does not justify him not being suspended.  The NFL cannot allow that kind of stuff to go on -- particularly in the age of concussion frenzy.

I tend to think that the Colts cutting him would be an overreaction.  But I think the NFL fining and suspending him would not.

And had Walden done that to one of our players last year when he was with the Packers people would have been calling for the electric chair in here........It was very clearly a headbutt....and that was the intent...And all that was after Walden lodged his hand in the facemask of Walker and yanked off his helmet

Hypothetical: If I am wearing a helmet and legitamitaley headbutt you, you are going down.That helmet is going to bust you open and knock you on your butt, unless Walker has an Adamantium encased skeleton he would have shown some sign of facial trauma.

Something has to be done.  Just because "we need him" does not justify him not being suspended.  The NFL cannot allow that kind of stuff to go on -- particularly in the age of concussion frenzy.

I tend to think that the Colts cutting him would be an overreaction.  But I think the NFL fining and suspending him would not.

He was fined. Everyone needs to stop acting like he assaulted him with a tazer and katana.

Hypothetical: If I am wearing a helmet and legitamitaley headbutt you, you are going down.That helmet is going to bust you open and knock you on your butt, unless Walker has an Adamantium encased skeleton he would have shown some sign of facial trauma.

Why are we dealing with hypotheticals instead of what actually happened, He used his helmet as a weapon because he lost control of his emotions., But no being headbutted with a helmet on doesn't mean someone would go down(were dealing with football players of which both are pretty good size not average sized men), Now maybe they would have suffered a cut or it caused them to bleed from the force of the hit but that is hypothetical...Not dealing with what actually happened, But he was fined like ya said so live, learn, moving on

Why are we dealing with hypotheticals instead of what actually happened, He used his helmet as a weapon because he lost control of his emotions., But no being headbutted with a helmet on doesn't mean someone would go down(were dealing with football players of which both are pretty good size not average sized men), Now maybe they would have suffered a cut or it caused them to bleed from the force of the hit but that is hypothetical...Not dealing with what actually happened, But he was fined like ya said so live, learn, moving on

I don't think he used his helmet as a weapon. I don't think it was as malicious as some think. We really are just running in place with this debate anyways.

I agree that if you are going to run your mouth you should not be surprised when someone takes offense.  And I understand where you are coming from and if Walker had his helmet on and Walden head butted him I can see it being no big deal... that is what helmets are for but to head butt a guy after you take off his helmet is, IMO no different than stopping on a guys face after his helmet has come off or taking a cheap punch at the back on a knee while you are laying on top of him.

I think Walden responded well to the incident and the questions, he took the blame for it and said he has to control himself better than that.  Unlike Dickerson who blamed it on Satele

Dickerson...  :funny:

everyone else's players get off Scot-free and our players have to pay the piper AND get suspended.  Shame on the Harbaughs and the Reids of the coaching world.

He was fined. Everyone needs to stop acting like he assaulted him with a tazer and katana.

I don't think he used his helmet as a weapon. I don't think it was as malicious as some think. We really are just running in place with this debate anyways.

I can't stop liking all of your posts because they all make so much sense.  Not sure why so many others are having such a hard time grasping it.  

Plus the use of katana deserves something extra.  Can't like that post a second time, so here ya go  :thmup:

I can't stop liking all of your posts because they all make so much sense.  Not sure why so many others are having such a hard time grasping it.  

Plus the use of katana deserves something extra.  Can't like that post a second time, so here ya go  :thmup:

Only because there really aren't shades of gray on that type of serious action.  You can't truly determine and punish based on intent or level of aggressiveness. It can't be accurately determined.  Everyone sees it at a different level on a scale, no consistency. So, It happened, or it didn't.  About all you can go by.

If a race car driver wins a race and his engine is torn down and a component is found a thousandth of a whatever out of legal spec, then it is declared illegal and the win forfeited.  Doesn't matter if the planned it or not. That is it was only one little piece out of spec or by the slimmest of margins measurable. Either a line is crossed or it isn't.  I feel it was a penalty and an eject able action.  But refs blew it.  That is why the suspension by the league. I'd appeal that too.  And calls for cutting him are knee jerk, most of even those probably have recanted to that.

Oh, my Katana reference... I don't like Suzuki's   ;)