Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Walden should be cut for that.

Dustin

That's funny cause in all the replays there's one standing right there watching the whole time.

People generally become more clueless as they get old. Also did you see the defensive play the ref made on Hilton by being unable to get out of the way. NFL refs are really starting to show their age. I wish the league had young, professional refs who aren't lawyers and doctors and refs on the side. Physically ( includes the eyes ) these guys have no business running on the same field as NFL players.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no they didn't he had his finger trapped in it and tried to get it out yes the helmet came off watch the play the flag came out after the head bunt as it should have. There should have been one on Walker as well.

He clearly ripped his helmet off. 

headbut11.gif

If the flag came out for the headbutt then he would have been ejected. 

Regardless of how much people trash Walden, the fact is that he has made some very key plays, without which, the season could have gone very differently. I agree that what he did wasn't cool...at all. We've all made mistakes, and his was loosing his cool. A fine is probably in order, let's just leave it at that and move on.

He clearly ripped his helmet off.

headbut11.gif

If the flag came out for the headbutt then he would have been ejected.

its fair to say he should have gotten the flag for the pulling the helmet off but he did it because his finger was stuck in it. Either way the flag came out after the head bunt not before so it wasn't for yanking the helmet. It was for the head bunt. My guess is he wasn't tossed because of the yapping Walker was doing which it's self should have been a flag and they just missed him throw the punch completely.

its fair to say he should have gotten the flag for the pulling the helmet off but he did it because his finger was stuck in it. Either way the flag came out after the head bunt not before so it wasn't for yanking the helmet. It was for the head bunt. My guess is he wasn't tossed because of the yapping Walker was doing which it's self should have been a flag and they just missed him throw the punch completely.

How do you figure his finger is stuck in it?

And no referees don't just not eject someone because the other guy was talking smack. Blown calls like that cost them chances to ref playoff games and earn extra paychecks. They're not risking that because some guy they don't know got his feelings hurt by some trash talk. If he wasn't ejected, it's because they didn't see the headbutt, or they threw the flag because they though he did something else like shoved him. 

BUTT1.gif

Flag comes out just before the head butt, I do agree that yanking of the helmet was do to a stuck finger.

Either way the flag came out after the head bunt not before so it wasn't for yanking the helmet. It was for the head bunt.

The ref was already 5-10 yards into his running / flagging motion prior to the butt - you can see as he is running up his hand is on the flag ... it was clearly for the ripping off of the helmet.  some times It seems like it takes them forever to think flag and throw flag...

not going to happen. He's going to get his fine and that will be the end of it. Will make things interesting when Walker and him see each other in two weeks.

Yeah, have you read Walker's comments? He said he was looking forward to whooping him again in two weeks. Gonna be interesting to say the least.

Hopefully Pagano sits him out the next game to send a message. imo, he shouldn't have even finished that game out after that.

No please, just take the free pass when it's available. Players usually don't get the slap on the hand these days. I doubt he does this again anyway.

Yeah, have you read Walker's comments? He said he was looking forward to whooping him again in two weeks. Gonna be interesting to say the least.

he didn't whip him last night. Walden had a great game from that point on while we didn't see Walker much after that and Walden's team won the game.

he didn't whip him last night. Walden had a great game from that point on while we didn't see Walker much after that and Walden's team won the game.

Yeah, it was strange. Walker made a comment about how he was whipping him all night, but it seemed that Walden was rarely ever matched up on him.

At least we saw Walden do something which is more than I can say for the rest of the Dline.  Their nickname should be The Who.

Redding had a sack I believe, Franklin had a stuff or 2. They were much better against the run than the pass though. I thought they should've gotten more pressure on Lumberjack Fitzpatrick.

I wouldnt cut him. Suspend him without pay for 2 games. It was really dirty though & embarrassing for the team.

By the league or the team? If you say the team then the team is unnecessarily hurting itself. Consider Walden doesn't have a history for this behavior. Is it really necessary? I'm not sure there's a wrong answer here.

I could not watch the game last night as i had to work. I did see a highlight of the play and Walden should be fine heavily and suspended from the League for a long time. There is just no excuse for that type of action in any arena wehter it is sports or the real world. Walden was lucky he didn't injure the player of even kill him. the titans player could have had his neck broken on the play from his helment being ripped off like that. The Colts have a tough decison to make regarding Walden. hopefully Walden learns his lesson and can have a good career after he pays for this.

Quick, somebody call the hyperbole police.

By the league or the team? If you say the team then the team is unnecessarily hurting itself. Consider Walden doesn't have a history for this behavior. Is it really necessary? I'm not sure there's a wrong answer here.

Sorry, but as a fan I dont want that bush league crap on my team. Theres losing your cool and then there is headbutting someone who you know going in to the game is going to try and get under your skin.

Sorry, but as a fan I dont want that bush league crap on my team. Theres losing your cool and then there is headbutting someone who you know going in to the game is going to try and get under your skin.

he made a mistake. It happens in the heat of the moment. No one likes it and that doesn't make it okay either but you don't over react to one mess up either. He is going to get a big fine from the league and if he steps foot out of line again probably suspended. That's standard operating procedure for the NFL for a guy who doesn't have a track record.

Yea but track record or not this isnt common retaliation. Dude could have seriously hurt Walker. Could of knocked out a ton of teeth, or gave him a head injury.

Walden needs to be suspended.

he's not going to be based on the reports that have come out. He's going to be fined. Keep in mind the NFL has to be consistent across the board. Meriweather was seriously hurting people by hitting them in the head and it took multiple times to get suspended for a game. Had the league suspended Walden for this the Colts and Walden could argue fairly based on pass punishments he was being punished more harshly. He's going to get his fine and probably told if he does anything again he's facing a suspension. That's how the NFL does things.

Sorry,  but I'm not going to go through 236 other posts to see if this was already posted....

Found this on ESPN.com's Colt's Blog report....

It says sources within the Colts are expecting Walden to be fined,  probably even a large fine.   But that because he has a clean history they think it's not likely that he'll be suspended.

The story also says Walden was a stand up guy and answered all questions after the game and admitted he screwed up....   he called his own behavior....  "selfish"....      

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9982023/erik-walden-indianapolis-colts-facing-hefty-fine-head-butt

Respectfully,  I don't agree.    I think the NFL is in a mood to crack down on such behavior and I'm expecting a 1-game sit down for Walden.    It was just too high profile of a game (National TV) for there to be only a fine. I'm expecting the hammer to be dropped.

I thought what he did was awesome in terms of what this team needs.  It needs a leader that will hold people accountable and if they screw up, their helmet gets ripped off and their head if they keep it up.  You lead by intimidation and we've never had that with the Colts.  It's like they are given flowers upon returning to the sidelines.  You think Cohwer ever did that?