Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold 2012 Prediction: Colts D will rule!!

Pancake Block

I will go out on a limb early this year and predict that I expect the Colts DEFENSE to be extra explosive this year. After all the injuries last year, most people have forgotten how many big plays our D made two years ago that either locked up wins or gave the Offense a shot to win it. I absolutely LOve the Drake Nevis draft pick and think he may well be the next Warren Sapp. Getting back injured starters and having one or more UDFAs pan out will make us disruptive to Offenses around the league. Freeney, Mathis, and Nevis? Fuh-get-uh-bout-it!!!

I will go out on a limb early this year and predict that I expect the Colts DEFENSE to be extra explosive this year. After all the injuries last year, most people have forgotten how many big plays our D made two years ago that either locked up wins or gave the Offense a shot to win it. I absolutely LOve the Drake Nevis draft pick and think he may well be the next Warren Sapp. Getting back injured starters and having one or more UDFAs pan out will make us disruptive to Offenses around the league. Freeney, Mathis, and Nevis? Fuh-get-uh-bout-it!!!

Whoaaa, pump the brakes a little here... I mean, i like nevis as much as the next guy, but its a little early to be putting him in the same sentence with the likes of warren sapp.

Whoaaa, pump the brakes a little here... I mean, i like nevis as much as the next guy, but its a little early to be putting him in the same sentence with the likes of warren sapp.

Well, ya never know man, maybe Nevis is prone to fits of domestic violence too...

Optimism will get us no where, actually spending money on worthy Defensive FA'S will :tvhammer:

Optimism will get us no where, actually spending money on worthy Defensive FA'S will :tvhammer:

Players must fit our system. That's why the draft is our most effective tool for plugging in defensive players. Almost all of the veteran free agents we've signed have been marginal help at best and at worst have strapped the team for cash while being unable to play. Let's remember this post and see who's right when the dust settles. Colts D will dominate!

Players must fit our system. That's why the draft is our most effective tool for plugging in defensive players. Almost all of the veteran free agents we've signed have been marginal help at best and at worst have strapped the team for cash while being unable to play. Let's remember this post and see who's right when the dust settles. Colts D will dominate!

i hope your right, just remember plugging no names has gotten us to be in the lower half of run defense for the last 10 years, the gameplan vs the colts is simple run the ball and keep manning of the field. I think we are going in the right direction but need a real playmaker at DT. Its to soon to say Nevis is that guy, as much as i like Nevis

I predict one and done again

If you're betting we're going to go from bottom 10 to top 10 with no FA acquisitions you have a gambling problem, quite frankly.

If we don't re-sign Antonio Johnson and put Muir and Moala out there as starters we should expect to be giving up between 6 and 7 yards per carry.