Photo

St. Louis (+10) @ Indianapolis (11-10-13)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#1 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18699 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

I honestly don't think that's enough.

The Rams can run the ball and rush the passer but they won score much..with a 'temp' QB

I think the Colts cover this easily and I expect the spread to go up..

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Iancolts

Iancolts
  • 637 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

Actually expect the spread to go down they met not score a lot with a backup QB but they still owned a lot of Oline with their two pass rushers and fishers D is always good. This game is gonna be closer then people think a lot closer actually. And don't forget last night a new QB tore us up so anything can happen with this years colts

#3 AllYouNeedIsLuck

AllYouNeedIsLuck

AllYouNeedIsLuck

• 1413 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

I actually think we score 2 out of our first 3 possessions and win handedly 34-17. That being said, I would pass on betting on this game. 

#4 1959Colts

1959Colts
  • 1186 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

Having watched their past two games, one thing I did notice about the Rams.
They have a very good pass rush.

#5 SkyBane

SkyBane
  • 1657 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

Actually expect the spread to go down they met not score a lot with a backup QB but they still owned a lot of Oline with their two pass rushers and fishers D is always good. This game is gonna be closer then people think a lot closer actually. And don't forget last night a new QB tore us up so anything can happen with this years colts

Kellen Clemons is far from new to the NFL. Other than that this is spot on. The Rams are a good defense and a game managing offense. Its going to be a slugfest.

#6 Ohio Colt

Ohio Colt
  • 2239 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

We will win easily. This is the perfect opponent for us at home to get our legs under us. It's a lot like the Buffalo game we won 20-13 last year after Thanksgiving.

This is also on my birthday. We will win, guaranteed.

#7 SkyBane

SkyBane
  • 1657 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

We will win easily. This is the perfect opponent for us at home to get our legs under us. It's a lot like the Buffalo game we won 20-13 last year after Thanksgiving.

You do realize these are the same Rams that cruised past the Texans and nearly knockes off Seattle, right? They will come at this swinging. The Rams want to play the tough grind it out style the Colts do.

#8 bavanlan

bavanlan
  • 1897 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

STL's last couple games have exceeded my expectations for them.

Do I expect us to win?  Yes.

Do I expect us to cover?  Yes.

Do I think there will be an uncomfortable moment or two where I question the above?  Yes.

Haters Gonna Hate.

gallery_46_8_186.jpg

If [our] O-Line was a poker hand, I'd draw three. - Smonroe (9/26/12)

#9 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 12004 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Win easily? :funny:

Their pass rush vs our offensive line? :lol:

Oh some of you are in for a surprise haha
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#10 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 12004 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

I actually think we score 2 out of our first 3 possessions and win handedly 34-17. That being said, I would pass on betting on this game.

See my post above ↑
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#11 sb2001

sb2001
  • 436 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

The Rams have played well all year. They held Seattle close and beat the texans quite handily.
WHY NOT US!

#12 SkyBane

SkyBane
  • 1657 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

Robert Quinn is salivating already.

#13 ruksak

ruksak

~ I STINK ~

• 8769 posts

Having watched their past two games, one thing I did notice about the Rams.
They have a very good pass rush.

VERY good. I think we can abuse their defensive schemes more-so than we did against Houston. 

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more." ~ Bill S. 

#14 sb2001

sb2001
  • 436 posts

STL's last couple games have exceeded my expectations for them.

Do I expect us to win?  Yes.

Do I expect us to cover?  Yes.

Do I think there will be an uncomfortable moment or two where I question the above?  Yes.

So well said.
WHY NOT US!

#15 Ohio Colt

Ohio Colt
  • 2239 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

You do realize these are the same Rams that cruised past the Texans and nearly knockes off Seattle, right? They will come at this swinging. The Rams want to play the tough grind it out style the Colts do.

Each game is independent of it's own. We are good at Lucas Oil, and we will win the game. I watched that game closely against Tennessee. Locker was not sharp. I had money on the Titans so I was into every play. Rams have an underrated run game but I wouldn't expect Clemens to string together another decent performance. We will be fine

#16 Ohio Colt

Ohio Colt
  • 2239 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

Easily = 23-13 or 24-16... more than 7.

#17 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 12103 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Easily = 23-13 or 24-16... more than 7.

You will be declaring a colts loss if the rams score a field goal on their opening drive

#18 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

It will certainly be a match-up to watch. Quinn & Long vs Castonzo & Cherlius.

I expect a close game in the first half, and we pull away in the 2nd half.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#19 SkyBane

SkyBane
  • 1657 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

Each game is independent of it's own. We are good at Lucas Oil, and we will win the game. I watched that game closely against Tennessee. Locker was not sharp. I had money on the Titans so I was into every play. Rams have an underrated run game but I wouldn't expect Clemens to string together another decent performance. We will be fine

Miami and Oakland say hi.

#20 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9877 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Robert Quinn is salivating already.

I'm more worried about Long vs Cherilus. Long gave him a lot of problems when the rams played the lions last year.

#21 Nobody

Nobody
  • 5523 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

The reason for their pass rush is their DEs, and our OTs are pretty good..
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#22 AllYouNeedIsLuck

AllYouNeedIsLuck

AllYouNeedIsLuck

• 1413 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

See my post above ↑

They don't have JJ Watt though. Our O-line has been okay (bend but not break) in other games. 

#23 Ohio Colt

Ohio Colt
  • 2239 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

You will be declaring a colts loss if the rams score a field goal on their opening drive

yea because you thought the victory was in hand last night all the way

#24 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 12103 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

yea because you thought the victory was in hand last night all the way

Go back through the game day thread. You were in panic mode after the first td. I never once thought we didn't have a chance at coming back

#25 Ohio Colt

Ohio Colt
  • 2239 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

Miami and Oakland say hi.

we beat Oakland... and we should have beaten Miami.

#26 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7566 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

They were in their last two games until the very end. Against two very good teams. I agree with you, some people are going to be surprised. But if they were paying attention, they wouldn't be.

Except for Jacksonville, we've played up or down to our competition. Except for them, have we covered the spot when favored?

#27 SkyBane

SkyBane
  • 1657 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

They were in their last two games until the very end. Against two very good teams. I agree with you, some people are going to be surprised. But if they were paying attention, they wouldn't be.

Except for Jacksonville, we've played up or down to our competition. Except for them, have we covered the spot when favored?

We did last night.

#28 SkyBane

SkyBane
  • 1657 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

I'm more worried about Long vs Cherilus. Long gave him a lot of problems when the rams played the lions last year.

Wasnt aware of this. I dont usually pay much attention to NFC North teams, so Im not overly familiar with what Cherilus did last year for Detroit.

#29 WastedColt

WastedColt
  • 352 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Our oline is going to be abused and by extension Luck is going to be abused. I still anticipate that we win and I expect us to cover, but Luck is going to get beat up...

#30 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9877 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

The reason for their pass rush is their DEs, and our OTs are pretty good..

Brockers and Langford get a decent rush inside too. They may play Williams Hayes inside on passing downs as I saw he has 5 sacks.

#31 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9877 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Our oline is going to be abused and by extension Luck is going to be abused. I still anticipate that we win and I expect us to cover, but Luck is going to get beat up...

Meh, that's what people claimed heading into SF.

#32 SkyBane

SkyBane
  • 1657 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

Meh, that's what people claimed heading into SF.

Satele wasnt starting at center that game either :P

#33 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9877 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Satele wasnt starting at center that game either :P

I like to stay positive lol

#34 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 3135 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Ten points is a lot for any team not named the Jags. The Rams do have a great pass rush but their limited offensively. I think will win 27- 13.

#35 dw49

dw49
  • 4384 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Where are all you "trap game " posters ? This , unlike others you were calling trap games is a perfect example of one.

Home team, playing an lessor team , big favorite..

Coming off a big win and is followed by a division game that would pretty much clinch the division. 

Plus , to top it off SL has some very good talent and shows up big some weeks.

#36 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13834 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Jeff Fisher will have something up his sleeve, remember the game they onside kicked it like three times in a row?  He'll have something we aren't expecting.  The Rams can run the ball and have a decent defense if they can get going they can give us fits and the Colts haven't started quick much this season.  I think the Colts win but it might not be the cake walk that most are expecting.

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#37 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18699 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

The Rams don't have the offense to attack us quickly..and while Stacy has been effective..

...I thought the Houston game was where we were vulnerable...

This is one we should win decisively...15-20 points..the Colts scure 30 or more here

#38 Mameluc

Mameluc
  • 2017 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

brockers will cause trouble to satelle

#39 runthepost

runthepost
  • 649 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

20 to 16 colts

#40 OffensivelyPC

OffensivelyPC
  • 2796 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

Kellen Clemons is far from new to the NFL. Other than that this is spot on. The Rams are a good defense and a game managing offense. Its going to be a slugfest.

Kellen isn't the new QB he was referring to.  He was referring to Case Keenum, who was the new QB we almost lost to.

Sunday we did.  If I recall, the spread was like 2 points.

[On signing known players to appease fans] - “Scouts in general, we completely oppose that mindset. We are doing the work and watching the film and doing all of our due diligence and digging to find players to help us win, not pacify people. The way we keep our fans happy and our owner happy is by winning football games. That's our mindset.” - Ryan Grigson

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates