Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should We Try Garcon Or Gonzo For Kickoffs?

chad72

On a side note, did anyone listen to Bill Polian on the radio Monday? Bob Lamey asked him about the Colts next game against New Orleans and specifically about Darren Sproles. BP groaned and bellyached about how well Sproles is playing for his new team, racking up huge production from running, receiving, and returning kicks. The Saints acquired him in free agency this summer and gave him a four year contract worth $14M ($6M guaranteed).

I banged my head on the steering wheel in frustration and shouted at the radio, "Why didn't you sign him when the Chargers released him?" Are you telling me the Colts couldn't afford him?! He'd have been a huge upgrade over any Colts kick returner as well as adding more talent and depth at RB. With Sproles on the Colts roster, the team would no longer have to try and stop him. He is Kryptonite to the Colts. Remember what he did in the 2007 and 2009 Colts vs. Chargers playoff games? :pullhair:

I do not know why they have not tried Brown back there. The guy is pretty good in space and kickoffs and punts tend to give you more space to work in. He has been our third running back on the roster for most of the season so why not try it?

The season is lost we might as well try some different things. Throw Brown in PR/KR duties. Try some fake field goals and punts. Try some onside kicks at the beginning of the game and second half.

BLOCKING, TRY BLOCKING!!!!! Changing the returner will not do jack squat if they don't slow the other team down, which we clearly do not do.