Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Painter 0-3, Collins 0-3 Whats The Difference?

number28

Yes, our best player is out and look at the team's record. If Painter had the same ability as Peyton and we were losing, you could make that argument. But yes, QB is our problem, it's one of our biggest problems (up there with the secondary)

The secondary is our BIGGEST problem. They can't cover and they can't tackle! They have given up the big plays in EVERY game and it ends up costing us! We have been right there in every game since Painter has been in. With Peyton we would have a few more scores per game so the secondary can hide, but now they are exposed and so is the front office for getting rid of players that took as a while to develop. We need to grab a few Vets in the secondary before the deadline. Maybe they won't be the youngest but at least they would know how to play the game.

Are we really that much better with Painter? I mean he is better than Collins statistically, but we are still losing games. Is QB really our problem?

I think that proves the theory that QB doesn't win games in NFL. Defense does.

The difference is Painter is at the beginning of his career with everything ahead of him....let's see if he can make the most of it. This, vs. Collins who is at the end of his career....no doubt his last job in the NFL.

1. No we wouldn't have 2-3 wins if Painter started every game this year. Not a chance.

2. I am not the one who since week one was talking about QB's and all these threads about Painter and Collins.0-6, 0-3 each.

Defense wins games, thats the bottom line.

Edited by number28

1. No we wouldn't have 2-3 wins if Painter started every game this year. Not a chance.

2. I am not the one who since week one was talking about QB's and all these threads about Painter and Collins.0-6, 0-3 each.

Peyton Manning does not play * defense.

Edited by ColtsLegacy

Peyton Manning does not play * defense.

who is talking about legendary QB's?

I am talking this year with pedestrian QB's.

Many teams win with average QB. Teams win games, defense is the biggest part of wins.

No one is talking about Manning. Yes Legendary QB's can win games, no one is arguing that.

who is talking about legendary QB's?

I am talking this year with pedestrian QB's.

Many teams win with average QB. Teams win games, defense is the biggest part of wins.

No one is talking about Manning. Yes Legendary QB's can win games, no one is arguing that.

Soooo...QB's DO win football games?

Scoring more points than the other team wins games. When you have a weak offense you need a strong defense. Or when you have a weak defense you need a strong offense. There needs to be some kind of balance. The last team to win the SB that didn't have a pretty strong offense that I can remember was the Ravens.

almost means nothing. Every team in NFL that loses a close game is all coulda woulda shoulda, there are many teams that should be 6-0 and they are not!!!!. This is the NFL. we are 0-6. we are not almost 3-3. We are 0-6 fair and square.

Colts with Painter are 0-3, they are not better than they are with Collins.

wins matter, its not how you win or lose.

0-3 with Painter, 0-3 with Collins. Equally bad.

Painter did not bring us wins.

That is beyond ridiculous. Of course it matters how you play, its hard to argue the team is not better with Painter.

In the time Collins played he lead the offense to ZERO touchdowns that were not in the 4th quarter when the game was alerady over. ZERO.

Painter gives the Colts a chance, you are a fool if you put these losses on him, that or just dont pay attention to the games.

Scoring more points than the other team wins games. When you have a weak offense you need a strong defense. Or when you have a weak defense you need a strong offense. There needs to be some kind of balance. The last team to win the SB that didn't have a pretty strong offense that I can remember was the Ravens.

What are you talking about?!? DEFENSE wins games. None of that sissy scoring stuff that the offense does.

Bah, who even needs an offense.... :D

Thread fail. Anyone that doesn't see the spark Painter brings to the offense has either not been watching the games...or has let their disgust for Painter from previous seasons affect their judgement on him this season. Wins matter...yes. Blame Painter if you it makes you feel better. Blame the defense if that works for you. Painter knows the system and the players better than Collins. If you aren't an insanely accurate qb like Manning...what is the next most impotant thing? Timing! Out routes! In routes! Stop and go routes! All possible with Painter as he has the timing to make the throws. Collins does not. I'm tired of hearing, "the offense went three and out so the defense was tired." Who told our defense that they couldn't force a 3 and out?! Why do they have to be tired? Forcing a 3 and outs seem like a good way to keep the defene fresh doesn't it? U want to know the problems with our team? Coaching! From top to bottom...coaching! Special teams coach can't figure out how to teach the guys how to block for the returner. Christiansen is getting better but doesn't mix up the playcalling enough...which is why the offense seems ineffective in the 2nd half. Coyer is a flat joke. Get burned by the same plays for 3 quarters an still refuse to make the adjustments neccessary? And Caldwell is horrendous. Aside from his seemingly impossible way he calls a timeout as if the opposing head coach asked him to...it does fall on his shoulders to get the team ready. Regardless of the coordinators...he's the head coach...if he feels they aren't doing it right...its on him to make the adjustments (ie Rahim Morris last year). This team...with these coaches would only be marginally more successful with Peyton...and that only because his audibles hide Christiansens ineptitude and he can force throws nobody else can.

ok here is the diference painter has kept us in games till the 4th quarter, collins has kept us in the games till middle of the 1st quarter. now if coyer would get his head out of his butt and actually be decent play caller and not send our LBers 15 yards backwards to give opposing QB's 20 yards of space to throw into then we might have actually won 5 of these games.

What are you talking about?!? DEFENSE wins games. None of that sissy scoring stuff that the offense does.

Bah, who even needs an offense.... :D

I guess you are right. If your defense can score points just spend all of your money there. Peyton who?