Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Nightmare Scenario

oldunclemark

I know you are reaching for some last ray of hope but you should just embrace the fact that our team sucks this year man. It'll make you feel better about the current state of things. We ain't going anywhere this season with this coaching staff and no defense. Start getting excited about the draft cause we will be picking from a darn good slot. lol

Edited by Coltsman1788

I know you are reaching for some last ray of hope but you should just embrace the fact that our team sucks this year man. It'll make you feel better about the current state of things. We ain't going anywhere this season with this coaching staff and no defense. Start getting excited about the draft cause we will have a darn good slot. lol

Are you being real..Coltsman?...Yes you are.....we're last in the entire NFL..

I'm old school....you dont give up until you are eliminated...

........But you're right..We're a top-10 team!!! ( In the draft.)

Well if we win Jacksonville twice, Tennesee twice, Carolina Panthers, maybe the Falcons, and the Texans... we could sneak away with the division??? Nah, it's very unlikely but we could snag away a couple of wins before the season is over.

Well I certainly respect your die hard approach to things. But I'm thinking top 5 and that's being generous. lol I have hope for Painter & the offense improving each week but it's the defense that has me feeling so pessimistic about our chances.

Well I certainly respect your die hard approach to things. But I'm thinking top 5 and that's being generous. lol I have hope for Painter & the offense improving each week but it's the defense that has me feeling so pessimistic about our chances.

Other than Jacksonville....who can we beat...

I agree...that 'D' bothers me

We're so stubborn abut the Cover 2 which has the No.1 tackler in the league running AWAY from

the line of scrimmage on most plays...

Dalton picked up on it early today

I've given up on 2011. I'll be most disappointed if we start picking up wins that only cause us to lose in the off-season. They blew it, big time, blew it. Any attempt to drum up playoff scenarios at this point just sounds like denial. Its weird, I don't want to see my guys quit and start dragging their feet purposely, but at the same time, I no longer care if they do win, its just hurting our future at this point.

OHHHHH and 6.....wow.

I'm no mental health expert, but that kind of optimism in the face of our season can't be healthy for the brain... It could induce insanity....

I'm just not a pessimistic guy.....John..

...although the idea of 10 more weeks of this is wearing on me...

..we're still talkin about 'em on line ..so we're all in the same boat..

I've given up on 2011. I'll be most disappointed if we start picking up wins that only cause us to lose in the off-season. They blew it, big time, blew it. Any attempt to drum up playoff scenarios at this point just sounds like denial. Its weird, I don't want to see my guys quit and start dragging their feet purposely, but at the same time, I no longer care if they do win, its just hurting our future at this point.

OHHHHH and 6.....wow.

That's the point .....ruk...

I hope they win every Sunday.....I want to see the effort..

It speaks to character....

..to quit now.....says something about what we'll be next year....

I think losing ..especially getting pounded...makes you less of a player..less confident..

..and you cant always get that back..

If they were 0-15..I'd want that last win..

I know you are reaching for some last ray of hope...

My last ray of hope was snuffed out today. I know that I could be telling myself that they are only 3 games back in the division with 10 left to play and that is not an insurmountable position......but realistically? If they couldn't gain ground with the other division teams losing while playing teams like Cleveland, Tampa, KC, and Cincinatti, what realistic shot do they have at gaining ground with the upcoming schedule? The "fluff" part of the schedule is over. Okay, I know that there is no such thing as a fluff schedule in the NFL, but now they are running into the gauntlet, and they are gonna get crushed. 7-9 may win the AFC South this year, but I don't think they can even pull that off at this point.

That's the point .....ruk...

I hope they win every Sunday.....I want to see the effort..

It speaks to character....

..to quit now.....says something about what we'll be next year....

I think losing ..especially getting pounded...makes you less of a player..less confident..

..and you cant always get that back..

If they were 0-15..I'd want that last win..

I hear ya, bud, but I'm torn as of now. I have gone so far beyond being upset and landed somewhere in the area of content. Any further losses will not have the stinging refrain that I've felt up until this week.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Nadine, October 17, 2011 - rude comment
Hidden by Nadine, October 17, 2011 - rude comment

we can beat the saints, i wont know till later in the week how we are preparing for them

I wish you would shut up. I think I speak for everyone when I say we're sick of your bunk. Isn't good enough that you got 5 pages of responses to your trollish "insider" thread? So you keep spewing vomit across the board? Shut up.

Edited by ruksak

I hear ya, bud, but I'm torn as of now. I have gone so far beyond being upset and landed somewhere in the area of content. Any further losses will not have the stinging refrain that I've felt up until this week.

Its funny you say that.....

because usually I get very upset when they lose....but when that stupid Garcon lateral-fumble wasnt overruled on replay today..

and we were done..

it didnt hit me the way it usually does....Didnt bother me much...

Maybe I'm coming around to your way of thinking

Other than Jacksonville....who can we beat...

I agree...that 'D' bothers me

We're so stubborn abut the Cover 2 which has the No.1 tackler in the league running AWAY from

the line of scrimmage on most plays...

Dalton picked up on it early today

I wouldn't put any money on us against anybody right now. I'm thinking we split with Jacksonville. We should be able to take both games but somehow we will probably find a way to drop one of them.

Every qb we face will be able to pick our secondary apart because of our defensive scheme and lack of talent in the secondary. Teams are having success throwing on us and until we show we are able to stop it they will just continue to exploit us at will. It's a very frustrating predicament to be in as a fan.

With Houston losing again....

we're still 3 games behind but to go 8-8 we now need to beat

.. either Baltimore at Baltimore,,

New Orleans at New Orleans or New England at New England

..not to mention Tennessee twice...

..I dont want to say it....

What's that? Ah -- Playoffs? Don't talk about -- playoffs?! You kidding me?! Playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game!

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 17, 2011 - rumor
Hidden by Nadine, October 17, 2011 - rumor

I wish you would shut up. I think I speak for everyone when I say we're sick of your bunk. Isn't good enough that you got 5 pages of responses to your trollish "insider" thread? So you keep spewing vomit across the board? Shut up.

no

LOL When you make Ruk snap you know you've gone to far. <smh>

My last ray of hope was snuffed out today. I know that I could be telling myself that they are only 3 games back in the division with 10 left to play and that is not an insurmountable position......but realistically? If they couldn't gain ground with the other division teams losing while playing teams like Cleveland, Tampa, KC, and Cincinatti, what realistic shot do they have at gaining ground with the upcoming schedule? The "fluff" part of the schedule is over. Okay, I know that there is no such thing as a fluff schedule in the NFL, but now they are running into the gauntlet, and they are gonna get crushed. 7-9 may win the AFC South this year, but I don't think they can even pull that off at this point.

I am feeling you man. I mean we will all continue to go on supporting our Colts and all but expectations for this team have been adjusted according to what the team has shown us on the field.

"hush my baby baby, don't you cry

Peyton will solve all your nightmares for you,

Peyton removes all your problems for you,

Peyton will never give in,

One day he will be healthy and clean"

Does anybody have an over/under on how long it takes before something like this shows up in an Irsay tweet?

he is just frustrated because we lost as we all are

I apologize for being so abrupt. I'm content with the loser stink that seems to follow my team at this point. However, you operating from this pretense that you are somehow privy to inside knowledge is insulting to the collective intelligence of this forum. Please keep your drivel within the confines of your self-promoting thread "I hate to tell you".

You've earned a spot on my yet unused ignore list. I implore other members to do the same, as I can picture you lathering in the attention you have so clumsily directed toward yourself.

that game isn't too far out of reach.

Apart from the fact the Saints have a crazy passing attack while our passing D is atrocious. Not to mention their coach does a better job not being at the game than ours does with a blank stare on the sidelines. (Hopefully Sean Payton's knee is all right)

This will be almost as ugly as what the Patriots will do to us a few weeks later. At the very least I hope we open the game with an onsides kick just for laughs.

Also Jim - I know something YOU don't know. IIIiIII am not left handed!

Edited by Moose Of Woe

I apologize for being so abrupt. I'm content with the loser stink that seems to follow my team at this point. However, you operating from this pretense that you are somehow privy to inside knowledge is insulting to the collective intelligence of this forum. Please keep your drivel within the confines of your self-promoting thread "I hate to tell you".

You've earned a spot on my yet unused ignore list. I implore other members to do the same, as I can picture you lathering in the attention you have so clumsily directed toward yourself.

if you dont want to know the things i find out, that is ok with me, ignore me, then i will know things you dont know

"I have become comfortably numb." -Pink Floyd

Best song ever? I think so.

How fitting for the fans, good call.

I was at a craft store today with my daughter and the little old lady that rang us up started asking how the Colts did today, as she hadn't heard yet. We talked briefly about this season and she asked "Do you think this season is really so bad just because we don't have Peyton". I replied "At first I didn't, but now....yes". It really is that simple. Aside from Peyton, there is little difference between this team and the Colts for the last 10 years.

These types of statements are things that you would say if you were a player. Fans who get on the boards and say, "We have to take it one game at a time." "Don't look ahead." "Let's not get over confident." Drive me crazy. The reality of an NFL fan is a good bit different than that of a player. As a fan, there is no need to go down with the ship emotionally. Just stand back and be somewhat objective.