Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Okay, So Donald Brown Didnt Do Much

oldunclemark

5 carries, 35 yards and a TD

2 catches..18 yards

I could say that they should have gotten him the ball more but..

.......that speaks to the confidence they have in him..

He didnt start..and I said he would...

I was wrong :mellow:

but I thought he was OK for what he did do......

he was a bright spot in the game, along with the lbs blitzing the run

Donald Brown is playing well, but unless he rushes for 1000 yards, he's gone after the end of next year. Delone Carter is running hard, but he has more potential than Brown. They're not going to give him a bigger contract. I agree with the OP, it wasn't a great game. You take out that TD and his game is average.

Donald Brown is playing well, but unless he rushes for 1000 yards, he's gone after the end of next year. Delone Carter is running hard, but he has more potential than Brown. They're not going to give him a bigger contract. I agree with the OP, it wasn't a great game. You take out that TD and his game is average.

Andy..

In a passing offense..I think Brown has more potential...

On the final interception..Brown was open.....If you can check out the tape..watch...

I think we have to use him as a 3rd down back..

..and he doenst make that much money...we're not going to just release him..

Andy..

On the final interception..Brown was open.....If you can check out the tape..watch...

Mark Mark Mark... smh

He's in his final year of his rookie contract, where he makes around 700K. He's obviously going to ask for more. We drafted a running back for a reason, to become a solid backup and to come in on third downs. Remember, Joseph Addai is the starter, he's just injured right now. Donald Brown is not that fast, or that strong. Delone Carter is a bull, and on 3rd and shorts I want him over Brown. Delone Carter has shown promise, more promise than Brown. Now you're saying that Brown is better in a passing offense. When Addai returns, we're not going to see Donald Brown. Delone Carter runs with authority, and is a bull. Donald Brown had a couple of big runs in the last two weeks. We've also given Donald a chance. Last year, he started a lot, and if it weren't for one game, his ypc would be 3.5 (instead of 3.9, which is not good). You have to remember Delone is a rookie. Donald Brown is not going to be on the team at the end of the year, and Delone Carter will be. Delone Carter is the perfect backup to Addai. He comes in on 2nd or 3rd and shorts and rushes for the first down. Donald Brown is awful, and you should realize that.

Mark Mark Mark... smh

He's in his final year of his rookie contract, where he makes around 700K. He's obviously going to ask for more. We drafted a running back for a reason, to become a solid backup and to come in on third downs. Remember, Joseph Addai is the starter, he's just injured right now. Donald Brown is not that fast, or that strong. Delone Carter is a bull, and on 3rd and shorts I want him over Brown. Delone Carter has shown promise, more promise than Brown. Now you're saying that Brown is better in a passing offense. When Addai returns, we're not going to see Donald Brown. Delone Carter runs with authority, and is a bull. Donald Brown had a couple of big runs in the last two weeks. We've also given Donald a chance. Last year, he started a lot, and if it weren't for one game, his ypc would be 3.5 (instead of 3.9, which is not good). You have to remember Delone is a rookie. Donald Brown is not going to be on the team at the end of the year, and Delone Carter will be. Delone Carter is the perfect backup to Addai. He comes in on 2nd or 3rd and shorts and rushes for the first down. Donald Brown is awful, and you should realize that.

He's obviously going to ask for more..??? Based on what?

I like him and I wont give him a raise???

We need a pass catcher..as a back.....and Brown is faster than both Addai or Carter...

You do need 3 backs....and Addai is consistently hurt...

...I do not think he's awful and we certainly did not see that today....right?

that is why we have him, he can break it to the ez

Brown and Carter are below average NFL running backs. Addai is just average.

You won't see a Marshall Faulk or Edgerrin James type back in a long time. Unless we draft best RB in the draft with 1st pick this year.

Our RB's now are possibly the worst unit in the NFL.

You won't see a Marshall Faulk or Edgerrin James type back in a long time. Unless we draft best RB in the draft with 1st pick this year.

No..28..our line is below average....that's why the backs look bad..

No..28..our line is below average....that's why the backs look bad..

yes that too, but our backs are just not good. It's both.

Faulk and James excelled with a average O-line. We weren't a great O-line per say. Talent at RB is also very important, it's not just O-line.

Andy..

He doesn't make much now but his contract is up this year and you know he will want more money. If he doesn't have a good year I think he's probably gone.

Donald Brown is playing well, but unless he rushes for 1000 yards, he's gone after the end of next year. Delone Carter is running hard, but he has more potential than Brown. They're not going to give him a bigger contract. I agree with the OP, it wasn't a great game.

You take out that TD and his game is average.

So, being that he did a have an 18 yard TD run I guess his game was well above a verage.

This is two games in a row that he has shown the ability to pick up big yards on a run. I think, now that Addai is gone. that we need to be using him a little more.

Brown haters, will you please shut up? You guys are blatantly rooting against this kid week in and week out, and he keeps producing and proving you wrong. What is he going to have to do to prove to you guys that he's capable? He goes out and improves each week, has a terrible offensive line to run behind, and still you whine and moan about how bad he is. They drafted him because they saw potential, and he's paid accordingly. Seriously, what's your issue with him? In what way is Addai better? How is the rookie Delone Carter better? I'm here, so tell me...

Honestly, for his sake, I hope they cut him and he goes to New England. He'd get to play behind a good offensive line, and you guys could watch Belichick, an actual good NFL coach, get 1,000 yards out of him. How would that make you feel?

Brown showed he still has the ability to make an impact. I continue to think it is all in the way the Colts use him. He has shown that when he gets the ball in space he can make a positive impact. I still think it is scheme that is holding him back. Coaching needs to play to the strength of their players. This is not happening all that often regarding Donald Brown.

Edited by rockywoj

I liked the way he was running yesterday and to me he looks like he has bulked up a little bit. He ran hard and with power. I still don't know if he has what it takes though. I want to see him hit the hole and get up the field. His indecisiveness is what's killing him.

Brown haters, will you please shut up? You guys are blatantly rooting against this kid week in and week out, and he keeps producing and proving you wrong.
First off, no one is rooting against him. I would love nothing better than to have Brown force feed me big helpings of humble pie for everything I've said about him.

Butr so far he hasn't. He ran for 35 yards yesterday. That's not producing. It's barely contributing. I know it's been awhile since we've seen productive running so the bar has apparently been lowered, but there is no alternate reality where rushing for 35 yards is "producing."

we dont have an average line..not right now

I had hope before Costanzo and Ijalana went down.

They are playing better than last year though... (I know I know, that the thinnest kid at fat camp scenario but you gotta start somewhere)

His indecisiveness is what's killing him.

This is a favorite comment about him.

Were you watching the run where the inside was completely shut off and he made a big play out of nothing? In preseason he was running those plays into the line for no gain. He's looked terrific these past two games.

First off, no one is rooting against him. I would love nothing better than to have Brown force feed me big helpings of humble pie for everything I've said about him.

Butr so far he hasn't. He ran for 35 yards yesterday. That's not producing. It's barely contributing. I know it's been awhile since we've seen productive running so the bar has apparently been lowered, but there is no alternate reality where rushing for 35 yards is "producing."

I count seven times he touched the ball - five runs and two receptions. On two of those touches he was ineffective. On the other seven he got 7, 8, 8, 9, and 18 yards. I didn't see any blocking errors either.

If that's not producing, what's your definition? Perhaps you can complain that the team didn't give him the ball more, but there is NO basis for complaining about what he did with his opportunities.

I had hope before Costanzo and Ijalana went down.

They are playing better than last year though... (I know I know, that the thinnest kid at fat camp scenario but you gotta start somewhere)

When is Costanzo due back.....I thought he was gojng to be a major factor....we're missing him.

Hope he's not worse that firts thouhgt because he needs to play now for us to be good in 2012

Our O-LINE has made our running backs look bad the last few years! It's not their fault they're getting drilled behind the line of scrimmage! How many times did that happen last game?

I don't know, maybe more than 30 yards a game consistantly? Is that really so much to ask out of a first round pick in his 3rd year?

I would have like to have seen him get 20 touches....maybe 12 carries and eight passes...

we are not a running team.

Nobody's going to get 25 carries. Joe Addai never has.

When is Costanzo due back.....I thought he was gojng to be a major factor....we're missing him.

Hope he's not worse that firts thouhgt because he needs to play now for us to be good in 2012

Your guess would be as good as mine.

It's easier prying pearls from oysters than getting the Colts to shoot straight when it comes to injury information.

Which is fine, as long as they follow league rules on that I don't care what they do.

Losing Ijalana was for me the low point of this season. I had really high hopes for him and losing his rookie year is a major bummer. I just hope Costanzo can get back ASAP. That way next season (assuming Manning is back) our offensive line might be able to just hit the ground running (both literally and figuratively) I just hope this injury doesn't throw a monkey wrench in his development.

/fingerscrossed