Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lol

CanuckColtsFan

This team just cannot do what is necessary to win games. That Garcon fumble was garbage. The INT to finish it off didn't matter but was appropriate. This team can hang with almost every team it has palyed but finds ways to lose. That draft pick is looking like it should be high with the strong posibilty of 0 and 9.

We have had chances to win almost all our games. Its funny how close that a 0 and 6 start could easily be 5 and 1 with Manning at the helm. I dont really think this team is that bad, they just are built to win with their QB. A few longer drives here and a TD instead of a field goal there and its a win. I actually think this club will be very good next year. We have a great chance to pick high and evaluate the talent we already have. Things don't look amazing but the dont look terrible.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly Garcon was doing with that ball when he was going down. Switching hands in the middle of a tackle...looking like he was going to try to lateral the ball...or try to stretch to get the first down which was still 5 yards away? I mean, C'MON!! That one boneheaded move lost the game for us. That game was in the Colts hands to win. They had every opportunity to take it in the 4th quarter, but...once again...completely blew it.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly Garcon was doing with that ball when he was going down. Switching hands in the middle of a tackle...looking like he was going to try to lateral the ball...or try to stretch to get the first down which was still 5 yards away? I mean, C'MON!! That one boneheaded move lost the game for us. That game was in the Colts hands to win. They had every opportunity to take it in the 4th quarter, but...once again...completely blew it.

Colts are lacking discipline, they should know there are things you just dont do in a game so close.

5-1 with Manning? You're either given him too much credit or are defense...

I say 3-3..,, MAYBE 4-2

We need to get rid of Garcon. He makes big plays but he also causes of lot of big plays for the opposing team as well.

I would be happy if we got rid of him and got an average WR would could just be consistent. He doesn't have to make amazing plays, but when you put the ball in his hands, he catches it and holds on to it.

This game really frustrated me, what was garcon doing lol... i mean you cant do nothing but laugh these days because its almost like the colts are not suppose to win this season.... at least the colts took lacey out of the game.

The best line I heard from the announcers was in the third quarter. "Looks like Coach Caldwell has had enough. Lacey has been benched."

I chuckled. But deep down it made me sad because it took 5 and a half games for the coaches to realize how terrible he is.

Edited by Truebluefan85

5-1 with Manning? You're either given him too much credit or are defense...

I say 3-3..,, MAYBE 4-2

We need to get rid of Garcon. He makes big plays but he also causes of lot of big plays for the opposing team as well.

I would be happy if we got rid of him and got an average WR would could just be consistent. He doesn't have to make amazing plays, but when you put the ball in his hands, he catches it and holds on to it.

No way.All those close games are 10 point wins by the Colt's easily.

The best line I heard from the announcers was in the third quarter. "Looks like Coach Caldwell has had enough. Lacey has been benched."

I chuckled.

He's just not a pro caliber CB,should have been pulled 3 games ago.Wish him luck in future endeavors,just not with the Colt's.

Garcon is a good hard worker, whose play this year has helped Curtis Painter. Now with that being said, he had a good game, but that fumble was just so so stupid. I don't know what he was trying to do, but whatever it was, it was stupid. The ball always needs to be against your body. Just a stupid error, and maybe he'll learn from that. That play cost us the game.

No way.All those close games are 10 point wins by the Colt's easily.

You make it seem like Peyton is perfect. Not to mention our pass protection has been horrible the pass few games.

Peyton is known for forcing passes so I wouldn't be surprised if we had more points scored but also more interceptions.

Edited by GuiltyFan

I chuckled. But deep down it made me sad because it took 5 and a half games for the coaches to realize how terrible he is.

exactly took way too long, i dont get why it takes so long for them to realize that a player actually sucks.

I agree....as is a 4+ year WR who still doesn't know how to secure the ball.

I think that was just him trying to do too much, he should know that he cant do that in the open field like that..... it was like ok im excited the defense got a 3 and out and then all of a sudden a bengal is running for a TD

The Coach finally has complete control of the team. After years of trying to instill his "Deer In The Headlights" philosophy. The Colts players have embraced it and now themselves have "Deer In The Headlights" down to a eunique science.

I was thinking this wonderful ouststanding coaching staff would figure out a way to win but geez I was wrong, . Ohhh please fire the special teams coach immediately. Lefeged got it out to the 10 on a kickoff when they had to kick back from the 20????? Obviously the ST is not getting better.

PS Dear Ray, you get paid 6 figures atleast to try and fix a special teams that has been bad for years. Please just go.

I think that was just him trying to do too much, he should know that he cant do that in the open field like that..... it was like ok im excited the defense got a 3 and out and then all of a sudden a bengal is running for a TD

It almost seemed like he was going to lateral the ball. Why would you even consider that...If I'm not mistaken there were still a couple minutes left in the 4th? It's not like it was the last play of the game. Situational awareness and mental discipline have been lacking this year to say the least.

It looked to me that he was spun awkwardly as he was tackled and didn’t tuck the ball to his body, so his arm kind of got flung out from the momentum and …….pop. Out comes the ball. I really don’t think he was doing anything stupid like trying to lateral it.

Edited by FanFromtheWasteland

It looked to me that he was spun awkwardly as he was tackled and didn’t tuck the ball to his body, so his arm kind of got flung out from the momentum and …….pop. Out comes the ball. I really don’t think he was doing anything stupid like trying to lateral it.

Being spun awkardly or not, his arms were moving like he was trying to do something extra. Besides...I have NEVER seen anyone switch the ball in between their hands while in the middle of being tackled. That by itself is pure absurdity.

It almost seemed like he was going to lateral the ball. Why would you even consider that...If I'm not mistaken there were still a couple minutes left in the 4th? It's not like it was the last play of the game. Situational awareness and mental discipline have been lacking this year to say the least.

That is true, there is something that is definitely missing on this colts team.. the colts have been in every game so far since painter has been QB..... its easy to say if peyton was there, but he's not and the colts need to tighten up those loose bolts and start playing sound football because peyton will not be a colt forever.

This team just cannot do what is necessary to win games. That Garcon fumble was garbage. The INT to finish it off didn't matter but was appropriate. This team can hang with almost every team it has palyed but finds ways to lose. That draft pick is looking like it should be high with the strong posibilty of 0 and 9.

We have had chances to win almost all our games. Its funny how close that a 0 and 6 start could easily be 5 and 1 with Manning at the helm. I dont really think this team is that bad, they just are built to win with their QB. A few longer drives here and a TD instead of a field goal there and its a win. I actually think this club will be very good next year. We have a great chance to pick high and evaluate the talent we already have. Things don't look amazing but the dont look terrible.

last 2 years with peyton most of our games, we squeeked by, a sign of poor players, udfas and lo picks., we rarely blow anyone away

Edited by jim

we would have not won that game anyways. we were losing when he fumbled. The way things are going we probably would have missed the tying FG. Also since the defense goes to sleep in the 4th quarter, even if we make the tying FG, Cincy would have marched downfield and got the winning TD.

But of course, it's all Caldwell's fault, even the Garcon fumble is on Jimmy.

we would have not won that game anyways. we were losing when he fumbled. The way things are going we probably would have missed the tying FG. Also since the defense goes to sleep in the 4th quarter, even if we make the tying FG, Cincy would have marched downfield and got the winning TD.

But of course, it's all Caldwell's fault, even the Garcon fumble is on Jimmy.

They would have had a lot better chance if Garcon had actually just went down instead of trying to play hero (I still can't figure out what the heck he was trying to do...even after watching the play over and over) when there was still plenty of time left on the clock.

Being spun awkardly or not, his arms were moving like he was trying to do something extra. Besides...I have NEVER seen anyone switch the ball in between their hands while in the middle of being tackled. That by itself is pure absurdity.

Did anyone even watch the replay. It clearly shows wat happened. In the initial play it looked like he was trying to lateral. But if you watch the replay it clearly shows wat happened. As he was being tackled he was holding the ball in one hand. Many strong handed wrs do this. They trust their hands a little too much. That was the only thing he did wrong. There was no lateral attempt at all. Right before his elbow hit down the safety hit him in the shoulder from behind driving the ball right into the ground makingit look like he attempted to lateral the ball. Its all clear to see in the review. Cant believe everyone thinks it was more than that