Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When Are Will The Coaching Staff Be Handle Accountable?

hurricane1122

This is not about clark catching the ball this is about the play call, which was a good one... and how is it not brilliant for the QB the colts have? he converted on the same play in the same drive didnt it?.... the colts do not have horrible coordinators they have bad players... the coaches arent the one covering the receivers... if one CB was to shine and show he can play dont you think he would have the freedom to do what he wants?.... the coaches do deserve SOME of the blame but its more on the players... the colts need QUALITY players on defense.

so when peyton was here they all were good!

so when peyton was here they all were good!

I never said that now did i, when peyton was here they still sucked init... The colts defense has been sucking for quite a while now... and it has everything to do with money and where most of the colts money have been going.... that is slowly changing, but i can assure you if peyton didnt demand most of the salary on offense "since that is where most of the star players are and were" the team would have been a much better all around team with a good defense. You give to get, and the colts chose a finesse offense... It was great seeing the peyton show but now its time to focus on the other side of the ball.

I never said that now did i, when peyton was here they still sucked init... The colts defense has been sucking for quite a while now... and it has everything to do with money and where most of the colts money have been going.... that is slowly changing, but i can assure you if peyton didnt demand most of the salary on offense "since that is where most of the star players are and were" the team would have been a much better all around team with a good defense. You give to get, and the colts chose a finesse offense... It was great seeing the peyton show but now its time to focus on the other side of the ball.

my you are confusing you at one point were hyping this d like crazy. peyton never demanded squat, irsay has said for years that he was going to pay peyton because he has never been anything but a pros pro and a team guy. man will you just consider that the d probs could be scheme and coaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there are just as many pro bowlers on the d side starting now as the o side Edited by LUVTHESHOE

I saw no poor play calling in that game, as a matter of a fact i seen some great play calling.... It was clyde that made painter change his pass protection late in the 2nd half causing a critical completion. Why do you guys think painter was looking to the sidelines under center, they were giving him keys.... And that goal line play calling was brilliant, it fooled the defense big time causing a TD, so that argument is a fail..... Im starting to think this isnt on the coaches at all, its the players... coaches have been changed when dungy left and nothing has changed... its not the coaches its the players, coaches can only put you in the position to make the plays but its up to you to do your job and the colts dont have the players to do that.

Ok maybe saying that the plan was to run the two QB sneaks so they could pull off the play action but we dont know lol... the colts coaching staff have more holes than they have patches for there's no doubt about that one.

You contradicted yourself.

You contradicted yourself.

I did not contradict myself... i pointed out the coaches didnt have a very bad game in the bengals game... that doesnt mean that they dont still have tons of holes... ints one thing to say the coaching staff suck then to say they dont suck they are good.... i didnt do that.. i stated it wasnt the coaching staff to blame in the bengals game, thats all i implied.

If you look at my very first sentence it says "IN THAT GAME!!"

we are 0-6 because our players are vanilla. It has nothing to do with coaches, coaches don't play.

Look at Detroit coach, he couldn't win a game even if the other team forfeited last year and year before. Look at Detroit now. Should their coach get the credit?

heck NO. Team wins games.

my you are confusing you at one point were hyping this d like crazy. peyton never demanded squat, irsay has said for years that he was going to pay peyton because he has never been anything but a pros pro and a team guy. man will you just consider that the d probs could be scheme and coaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there are just as many pro bowlers on the d side starting now as the o side

Yes i was hyping up this D coming into the season and up until AFTER the Bucs game.... the colts had a great rotation with nevis and foster as small as foster is they were producing and were putting pressure on the QB... Having said that all that hype is gone due to injuries....

Are you just trying to ignore the facts? how many 1st team Pro bowlers the colts have had on Defense every year in the past ten years compared to the Offense?... how many 1st and 2nd round picks were selected on defense compared to the offense?... this is not just about peyton manning. The colts system is send ammo and rations to the offense, while they just send propaganda flyers to the defense (very late round draft pics and UDFA's).... Tell me how that has anything to do with the scheme and coaches... cause i can guarantee you the bears didnt have that same problem... they had good QUALITY defensive players on their defense and they were producing....... So no its not really a scheme and coaches problem.. its they type of players the colts have.

Yes i was hyping up this D coming into the season and up until AFTER the Bucs game.... the colts had a great rotation with nevis and foster as small as foster is they were producing and were putting pressure on the QB... Having said that all that hype is gone due to injuries....

Are you just trying to ignore the facts? how many 1st team Pro bowlers the colts have had on Defense every year in the past ten years compared to the Offense?... how many 1st and 2nd round picks were selected on defense compared to the offense?... this is not just about peyton manning. The colts system is send ammo and rations to the offense, while they just send propaganda flyers to the defense (very late round draft pics and UDFA's).... Tell me how that has anything to do with the scheme and coaches... cause i can guarantee you the bears didnt have that same problem... they had good QUALITY defensive players on their defense and they were producing....... So no its not really a scheme and coaches problem.. its they type of players the colts have.

Agree bro. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Caldwell deserves a job in the NFL. But I don't care who are defensive coordinator is, no one could do much better with the players we have. It's not the scheme, it's not Caldwell, it's not Coyer. True they play a role, but ultimately you have to have players that have the skills and talents to compete and we simply do NOT have those kinds of players. Especially in the secondary. What a joke.

Agree bro. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Caldwell deserves a job in the NFL. But I don't care who are defensive coordinator is, no one could do much better with the players we have. It's not the scheme, it's not Caldwell, it's not Coyer. True they play a role, but ultimately you have to have players that have the skills and talents to compete and we simply do NOT have those kinds of players. Especially in the secondary. What a joke.

Exactly, i mean fans should obviously realize that after seeing lacey finally pulled out of the game...

I saw no poor play calling in that game, as a matter of a fact i seen some great play calling.... It was clyde that made painter change his pass protection late in the 2nd half causing a critical completion. Why do you guys think painter was looking to the sidelines under center, they were giving him keys.... And that goal line play calling was brilliant, it fooled the defense big time causing a TD, so that argument is a fail..... Im starting to think this isnt on the coaches at all, its the players... coaches have been changed when dungy left and nothing has changed... its not the coaches its the players, coaches can only put you in the position to make the plays but its up to you to do your job and the colts dont have the players to do that.

Ok maybe saying that the plan was to run the two QB sneaks so they could pull off the play action but we dont know lol... the colts coaching staff have more holes than they have patches for there's no doubt about that one.

In the bold, we have your opinions of "in that game." Underlined, we have your opinions about "when Dungy left"..."nothing has changed"..."its the players." Italicized, the coaching staff is blamed. Your two propositions are incompatible.

Just pointing it out.

Also, it has been stated multiple times that we do not "have players that have the skills and talents to compete." However, it is the GM's, coach, president, and staff's job in the Indianapolis Colts organization to scout, draft, develop, and acquire the players with "talent to compete." Taking away the staff's part for this season is not right. This season needs to be an eye opener for the organization. From front office personnel to our practice squad.

While the debate still will continue, we can all agree change needs to be made. From this point on, EVERYBODY needs to be playing, coaching, AND managing for their job.

In the bold, we have your opinions of "in that game." Underlined, we have your opinions about "when Dungy left"..."nothing has changed"..."its the players." Italicized, the coaching staff is blamed. Your two propositions are incompatible.

Just pointing it out.

Also, it has been stated multiple times that we do not "have players that have the skills and talents to compete." However, it is the GM's, coach, president, and staff's job in the Indianapolis Colts organization to scout, draft, develop, and acquire the players with "talent to compete." Taking away the staff's part for this season is not right. This season needs to be an eye opener for the organization. From front office personnel to our practice squad.

While the debate still will continue, we can all agree change needs to be made. From this point on, EVERYBODY needs to be playing, coaching, AND managing for their job.

So basically your trying to tell me that what im saying is not really what im saying? Yes i did say the coaches have more holes than they have patches (meaning low quality players than good players).... i didnt say the coaches were the ones to blame.. although it would be naive to say that they dont deserve some of it... But i said what i said and i meant what i meant... dont tell me what i said is not what i said. :)

Your holes and patches metaphor does not make sense when speaking about the colts coaching staff and "low quality players than good players." At least to me.

However, I see your argument and will leave it as is.

I'm more interested in WHEN ARE WILL THE COACHING STAFF BE HANDLE ACCOUNTABLE?

Im starting to realize having a great all around team is quite hard to have these days.... look at the Eagles.. they have all sorts of "great" players on their roster... but look at their record.... is it the coaching staff? then no because even before they had those players they had some success with the players they had. Of course the Eagles arent the Colts but the colts have tried shuffling their coaches with caldwell and his staff, and that didnt work, its now time to do that with some of the players on the colts roster.

It should happen today, but we all know it won't.

exactly my thought. We need to make some changes and make them soon. It is obvious they don't know what they are doing and honestly I've never liked Caldwell. He's too quiet and doesn't seem to know that much. If we had a coach like Belichick I have a feeling we would/could have some more SB banners hanging in Lucas Oil.

He's too quiet and doesn't seem to know that much.

Huh?

He's too quiet?

I consider Jim to be a very intelligent soft spoken person.

Belichick is a great coach, not denying that but seriously how many others compare to him? None at this time that I can think of.

And even he makes mistakes.

Yeah. and it;s not like a sponge, it's like a chain link fence....more hole than substance....

Edited by BIGugly

Come on, there is no problem here everyone is just overreacting! Just stop complaining Polian have it under control., Caldwell and Coyer have it under control. Blame Lacey, Garcon and Painter.

Wiat is it not the coach fault for not getting these player in the perfect mind set and condition to win the game??????????????