Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Else Seeing The Trade Rumors Really Heat Up?

WSO

Watching Total Access Lombardi said that Wayne and Mathis are available for the right price. Also incarcerated bob said the same thing but like I said this is all just rumors and dont quote me on it.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/10/14/are-colts-mathis-wayne-available/

“I would assume both players are available for the right price,” NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi told “NFL Total Access” Friday.

Incidentally, we might add, both Wayne and Mathis were held out of practice Thursday for non-injury related reasons. It’s not uncommon to give veterans a mid-week day off, but Wayne was listed as missing practice Friday for the same reason.

I also saw this on two forums

per IBN

**UPDATED NFL NEWS**Source:Colts shopping DE Robert Mathis(Falcons / Jets / Raiders / Pats) all involved as of now (Colts want a #3)

who is IBN?? I really don't want to see Mathis go :(

Mathis better not go. Who is going to replace him, Hughes? rotfl

Mathis is playing at a high level still It makes no sense to trade him. I can see Wayne being traded but I don't want to see Mathis go. We can really build around Freeney and Mathis and get good defensive players. We have Angerer, powers, bethea, mathis, freeney, 5 good players.

I think this is all just rumors though

Nah. Lombardi covered himself with this quote:

“I would assume both players are available for the right price,” NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi told “NFL Total Access” Friday.

Mr Obvious. :)

Any player is available for the right price.

I think it is rumor and speculation.

I'm wondering if maybe the Colts really are shopping both of them, but with the intention of only parting with one of them, whichever fetches the highest price. They may realize that re-signing both of them at the end of the year is just not financially possible so they're trying to get something in return for the one they're going to lose.

Just a thought....total speculation. :)

Mathis is playing at a high level still It makes no sense to trade him. I can see Wayne being traded but I don't want to see Mathis go. We can really build around Freeney and Mathis and get good defensive players. We have Angerer, powers, bethea, mathis, freeney, 5 good players.

I think this is all just rumors though

Reggie is even playing at a high level. What has he had seven consecutive seasons with 1,000 yards. Last year was his best career year.

Not Mathis! Freeney/Hughes doesn't sound nearly as amazing as Freeney/Mathis!

I really hope that this is just speculation. It would absolutely break my heart if we traded Mathis or Wayne.

Frathis does sound the best. And I'll best crushed too. :(

It hurts to say, but if it came down to only keeping one, I'd go with Mathis. I love Wayne - he's a great leader, and in all apperances is a great guy all around. But he is getting older, and with Collie coming along nicely, Garcon seemingly improving and the potential to get a high pick WR in the draft, I'd think that Reggie would be the one to get traded. It's sad. But that's the business side of things. Ugh, now I'm depressed.

Hopefully this is all just a rumor. And if its not, please just let it be one of them, not both.

Hmmm. I'm not sure what to think of this.

Did Adam Schefter's comments start this "snowball" effect or is there truth behind it?

To the Jets or Pats? Is Polian that stupid? I hope not.

What bothers me the most is the fact that Mathis has always been under-rated and under-paid. He's never complained(that I've ever heard) and he is a MONSTER!

I understand the cap implications to signing them both but, personally, trading either of them will hurt me more than a 0-16 record this year.

I think trading mathis will come back to bite us big time. Unless of course the team has no intention of re-signing him. I feel mathis would work with the team on the $. he has in the past.

As far as Reggie, I feel the same. I feel he would be easier to "replace" than mathis but still I won't happy about it.

I hope this isn't a knee-jerk reaction by the team because of the state of this season.

It's hard for me to think about this.

I can only imagine how I'll feel when it is the end of the "manning era."

Talk about depressing.

Edited by WoolMagnet

"My guy" this is all you say. It's annoying, you have no credible source.

I didn't bother replying to you in the last thread because I assumed you would read through and see the other responses.

HE'S JOKING! RELAX.

After about the 18th "we're making adjustments" post I just started laughing. Sometimes his timing is perfect. If it bothers you, put him on ignore - but getting angry is pointless.

If Peyton announces his retirement I'd be all for going into full rebuilding mode, but he seems to be progressing nicely. In that case...........

I doubt that they can be sure enough of the salary cap for next year (or each players demands) to rule out signing them both. And they DID as much as promise to take care of them both. I don't think that they are going anywhere. While both are getting old, they are also both playing at a very high level with no signs of slowing down. I think that the Colts are planing on contending for the Super Bowl next year, not rebuilding. There is absolutely no point of replacing either of them unless the replacements are not only cheaper, but better.

I don't get why everybody is getting all upset about this. Chances are, it will never happen, but even if it were to happen it would be the smartest thing this organization has done in a while. If they know that it will be to costly to resign them both at the end of the yr. and they don't trade one or both of them, it would just be downright irresponsible. I've said it before, but people should not be getting attached to any of these players, you don't know any of them personally and there really is no need to get upset about it. I am a fan of the horseshoe 1st and a fan of the players 2nd. Players come and go, the horseshoe is here to stay(hopefully).

I wouldnt be surprised if Mathis is gone... it seems like the colts are confident in Hughes... i wonder what caused all this... both players have been producing so it wouldnt make sense, not to mentioin that would put more pressure on the colts to get a receiver in the draft.

I wouldnt be surprised if Mathis is gone... it seems like the colts are confident in Hughes... i wonder what caused all this... both players have been producing so it wouldnt make sense, not to mentioin that would put more pressure on the colts to get a receiver in the draft.

I don't get this thought at all. It makes all the sense in the world to trade them while they ARE producing. A team is not going to wait to trade a player when they are not producing because they wouldn't get anything in return. If the Colts know they are not going to be able to afford them, then you make the move now, not wait till they leave and get nothing.

If somehow Mathis gets traded I can only imagine it's a move by Polian to get Hughes in there to justify his selection. Wayne can go, aging WR who's body type has proven to digress quickly. But a semi young DE who will succeed in any system is not something you part ways with. Especially for a 3rd, in the division. I will personally stand outside 56th with a sign protesting this organization if a trade like this happens.

This sounds like pure conjecture by the media, and not related to anything the Colts have said. But at the same time if they aren't planning on resigning them as others have said, then trade them now and get value for them since the season is lost and they have played their last meaningful downs as Colts.

I can' stand Michael Lombardi - I think he is a hack and have no respect for his opinion. He was an awful GM too - I still laugh at his scathing Randy Moss "scouting report" only for him to have the best year of his career next year

I think my dislike started for him when he kept talking about how "Charles Johnson" hasn't worked out for the Colts, which made me realize this guy had no idea what he was talking about

Why did Zupancic quit today? Why isn't it posted on the website?

This is pure speculation on my part.... because, let's face it.... no reason was given for his sudden resignation.

But Zupancic was the strength and conditioning coach for a long time and I hope this has nothing to do with the HGH testing that is said to be on the near horizon.

I'm just wondering out loud....not trying to :stir:

Maybe management will elaborate.

Edited by pacolts56