Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

'Hype Week' begins

oldunclemark

Surely you've already seen the soap opera style commercials hyping Peyton's return to Indianapolis Sunday..

I'm surprised Susan Lucci wasn't narrating...

This is going to be a tough week....The NFL net/ESPN....all sports radio folks are going to pour

'the return' over us like syrup on pancakes..

.....I'm sure ESPN will do a couple of show live from in front of Peyton's old locker..

...Lord...please let this matchup only happen once..

That's actually a very good point

The Colts cant be bombarded with "Peyton questions' until Wednesday

Post game Denver interview - someone asked Peyton about the Colts and said "I'll leave that to Wednesday". Then he looked to some team official off to the side and said "I still have to talk on Wednesday, right?" Got an answer and grudgingly smiled in acceptance - with people laughing. Pretty obvious that he's looking forward to the noise even less than all of us.

Sounds like the hoopla has a scheduled start time.

Post game Denver interview - someone asked Peyton about the Colts and said "I'll leave that to Wednesday". Then he looked to some team official off to the side and said "I still have to talk on Wednesday, right?" Got an answer and grudgingly smiled in acceptance - with people laughing. Pretty obvious that he's looking forward to the noise even less than all of us.

Sounds like the hoopla has a scheduled start time.

My guess is we are going to hear as little from Peyton as humanly possible this week meaning he's only going to talk to the media when he's told he has too.  Just his style of dealing with things when he is the story. 

I am sure this week is going to be harder on Peyton Manning than anyone else and I can only guess how he's going to feel stepping on to that field on Sunday Night.  With that said I am sure Peyton will put his emotions aside once kickoff comes.  Like Collinsworth said tonight kickoff next week is probably the best thing that can happen for Peyton because them it becomes a game that he plays extremely well.

It actually started RIGHT AFTER  the Seattle game.    

Locally...    yep half Denver / SD...   

Nationally ..    they expect Indy to win..   So INDY really need to to get the nations attention.

I really think this team is pretty dang good.       And I honestly think Indy will beat SD with some ...  ease.

Then Denver..... :td:

WOW what a game..   this fan base has been blessed with some MEGA matchups through the last decade or so......

We really are spoiled..   

Irsay is doing some thing very sneaky and SAVVY pre game ...     giving the worlds most (Image) conscientious athlete a tribute pre game.      Gotta remember the "he said she said" before Manning was released..      He will get a HUGE ovation for a bout 5 minutes "hopefully" then the dogs get turned loose.....  :cheer:

Peyton is going to have some HEAVY feelings in LOS...         and hopefully some bad ones..

My guess is we are going to hear as little from Peyton as humanly possible this week meaning he's only going to talk to the media when he's told he has too.  Just his style of dealing with things when he is the story. 

I am sure this week is going to be harder on Peyton Manning than anyone else and I can only guess how he's going to feel stepping on to that field on Sunday Night.  With that said I am sure Peyton will put his emotions aside once kickoff comes.  Like Collinsworth said tonight kickoff next week is probably the best thing that can happen for Peyton because them it becomes a game that he plays extremely well.

Irsay is doing some thing very sneaky and SAVVY pre game ...     giving the worlds most (Image) conscientious athlete a tribute pre game.      Gotta remember the "he said she said" before Manning was released..      He will get a HUGE ovation for a bout 5 minutes "hopefully" then the dogs get turned loose.....  :cheer:

Peyton is going to have some HEAVY feelings in LOS...         and hopefully some bad ones..

Hopefully he forgets he's no longer a Colt and throws us some passes....lol

I know a lot of you guys would rather see all this hype die down , but there is no way the national media would let that happen. I think Irsay's tribute, although well intentioned, has only magnified the Manning coming back to Indy story further. I think Manning was already looking past Jacksonville to the Indy game , as he didn't quite have the spectacular performance he has had in other games.

You know how I feel about giving another player a tribute, but there is a possibility that this tribute will be a major distractor to Manning, giving an advantage to the Colts. Also , Denver looks ripe for the picking in an away game, with their defense being exposed, and playoff like pressure on Manning. It will be interesting.

Lucky for us we have a game on Monday Night to at least slow it down for a day.

Wait...this just in...ESPN has canceled the Colts Chargers game on Monday Night and replaced it with a four hour long Manning returns to Indy ESPN 30 for 30 special!

10 bucks says they have a special on it either pre-game or at halftime. 

I had a messed up dream about the denver game, Manning was on the field with his offense and somehow they had Megatron as a WR, With Darius Butler Covering him. The crowd was going for the record of loudest crowd thing and I looked on the board and seen our noise level...It was only at 7.3....and The Score was 35-6 denver....I was happy to wake up and find out it was just a dream...but Hopefully the score doesnt get that way and I really hope the crowd is as loud as we can ever be for that game.....7.3 dB isnt loud at all, I mean a whisper is 30 dB according the the ruler           http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/Sounds/Decibles.htm

I had a messed up dream about the denver game, Manning was on the field with his offense and somehow they had Megatron as a WR, With Darius Butler Covering him. The crowd was going for the record of loudest crowd thing and I looked on the board and seen our noise level...It was only at 7.3....and The Score was 35-6 denver....I was happy to wake up and find out it was just a dream...but Hopefully the score doesnt get that way and I really hope the crowd is as loud as we can ever be for that game.....7.3 dB isnt loud at all, I mean a whisper is 30 dB according the the ruler http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/Sounds/Decibles.htm

Just filed to the league office, Broncos trade 2 1st and 2 2nd round picks to the Detroit Lions in exchange for Calvin Johnson. He will be expected to make his debut Sunday against the Colts.

Not till the clock goes 00:00 for tonights game....

Exactly right, if the Colts don't take care of business in SD, the hype will be worth a lot less. SD may be a more important game to the Colts than the Denver game. with a win in SD, the Colts are 3 games up on Texans and 2 on the Titans (won't mention the Jags).

I know a lot of you guys would rather see all this hype die down , but there is no way the national media would let that happen. I think Irsay's tribute, although well intentioned, has only magnified the Manning coming back to Indy story further. I think Manning was already looking past Jacksonville to the Indy game , as he didn't quite have the spectacular performance he has had in other games.

You know how I feel about giving another player a tribute, but there is a possibility that this tribute will be a major distractor to Manning, giving an advantage to the Colts. Also , Denver looks ripe for the picking in an away game, with their defense being exposed, and playoff like pressure on Manning. It will be interesting.

I'm pretty sure both Bailey and Miller are supposed be back when we play them though. So that could change some things on D for them. Von Miller could end up being a nightmare.

Just filed to the league office, Broncos trade 2 1st and 2 2nd round picks to the Detroit Lions in exchange for Calvin Johnson. He will be expected to make his debut Sunday against the Colts.

Man, Id be depressed...lol I was so happy my girlfriend woke me up to take the kids to school though, The whole way there I just kept thinking...That will never happen but Megatron and Manning would be a matchup nightmare for the whole league.