Photo

Delano Howell Injured

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#41 mo0nlighting

mo0nlighting
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Howell's issue is a toe?  Ouch, turf toe is the injury that keeps on giving.

If Landry's injury was a high ankle sprain, that's normally a 4 weeker.  This is week 3, correct?

Hunt the wolf.

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#42 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6424 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Is Seattle riddled with injuries on an epic magnitude?

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#43 Warhawk

Warhawk
  • 926 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

As I said in another thread on this guy, while I think he's pretty good, I also think some of his success filling in for Landry is because the other players around him in the secondary are so good (Bethea, Davis, Toler, Butler specifically).  So even if, say, Lefeged was the guy, I think we'd be OK because I think the overall quality of the secondary can help hide his deficiencies.

#44 BPM_Colt

BPM_Colt
  • 1068 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Ife Lefeged gets the nod I can live with it. But it is only Wednesday, I would say Howell will be out there Sunday

#45 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17335 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

As I said in another thread on this guy, while I think he's pretty good, I also think some of his success filling in for Landry is because the other players around him in the secondary are so good (Bethea, Davis, Toler, Butler specifically).  So even if, say, Lefeged was the guy, I think we'd be OK because I think the overall quality of the secondary can help hide his deficiencies.

Bethea, Butler, Davis could not hide Zbikowskis inept play last year, if ya got a bad Safety or bad Corner out there a good QB will pick on him all day long, Think Cassius Vaughn vs Calvin Johnson, That was painful to watch

#46 SkyBane

SkyBane
  • 1421 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Seriously. Somebody figure out who * off Cthulu and cursed Indy with this injury bug. It's always been bad but this year is just mind blowing.

#47 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2173 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Is Seattle riddled with injuries on an epic magnitude?

no, the Colts are completely riddled but the broncos and other teams have had their share (even the pats)

#48 TeamLoloJones

TeamLoloJones
  • Validating
  • 2636 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

no, the Colts are completely riddled but the broncos and other teams have had their share (even the pats)

No? Three starters are out on Seattle's offensive line and they might not have Michael Bennett back either.  Not to mention Harvin.

#49 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 7771 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

not this year but next 

My hope....   almost my expectation....  is that we re-sign him in the off-season and he makes the team in 2014....

That makes sense to me....    I hope it does to the Colts too....

#50 crazycolt1

crazycolt1
  • 2092 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

:panic:

We're gonna get destroyed on Sunday!!!!!!! :Gaah:

:Nuke:

Nice of you to be so positive.  :rawr:  :shifty:

#51 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12103 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Bethea, Butler, Davis could not hide Zbikowskis inept play last year, if ya got a bad Safety or bad Corner out there a good QB will pick on him all day long, Think Cassius Vaughn vs Calvin Johnson, That was painful to watch

Cassius Vaughn on ANYBODY last year was painful....but you are correct....Calvin Johnson....the worst.  But then again he is Megatron!  

880565-megatron_posterbig.jpg

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#52 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 14663 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

Those can end up the worst....playing after being taped up.  In high school I sprained my right ankle badly...taped it up and played...missed the next 4 games because of swelling and hematoma.  Darned I wish I had a boot....

boots2.jpg

I thought I was going to get a boot after my surgery to put fake Achilles' tendon in my leg between 3rd and 4th grade since I was told I would have a walking cast... I woke up in a full leg cast with a cloth shoe to wear.
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#53 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12103 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

I thought I was going to get a boot after my surgery to put fake Achilles' tendon in my leg between 3rd and 4th grade since I was told I would have a walking cast... I woke up in a full leg cast with a cloth shoe to wear.

UURGH!  When I was little....all they had were casts... :)  I know I have broken bones, but never had a cast...itchy things!!!

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#54 OffensivelyPC

OffensivelyPC
  • 2313 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

I wouldnt read too much into it...yet. I forget who it was but a colts player was in a boot last week. We all flipped out, but he was fine.

[On signing known players to appease fans] - “Scouts in general, we completely oppose that mindset. We are doing the work and watching the film and doing all of our due diligence and digging to find players to help us win, not pacify people. The way we keep our fans happy and our owner happy is by winning football games. That's our mindset.” - Ryan Grigson

#55 OffensivelyPC

OffensivelyPC
  • 2313 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

So what exactly is up with Laron  Landry's ankle problem. I havnt herd anything on it.

The only thing I've heard was 2-3 weeks.  So he'll probably miss thiss week and be back next week.  If he's 90% and Howell can't play, maybe they bring him back sooner.  While I don't want to lose this game, I'd prefer they not put Landry in unless he was 100%...we're paying him too much to force him back before he's ready and then have something worse happen on the field.

[On signing known players to appease fans] - “Scouts in general, we completely oppose that mindset. We are doing the work and watching the film and doing all of our due diligence and digging to find players to help us win, not pacify people. The way we keep our fans happy and our owner happy is by winning football games. That's our mindset.” - Ryan Grigson

#56 BigMcAfeeWithCheese

BigMcAfeeWithCheese
  • 1007 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

You can't even tell the Broncos have had injuries haha.

:coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:

#57 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6318 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

@KBowenColts: Delano Howell at practice with helmet and pads on ready to go this afternoon.

#58 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 10060 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

@KBowenColts: Delano Howell at practice with helmet and pads on ready to go this afternoon.

Good, good..... let's see how this does

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#59 Jules

Jules
  • 7384 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Good news!!!!

#60 Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt
  • 1174 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Howell back, but now Vontae was DNP :(

#61 jameszeigler834

jameszeigler834
  • 1027 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

i hope thats just rest and that foot injury dont keep him out cause i dont want to see Vaughn get the start.

#62 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 10060 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Howell back, but now Vontae was DNP :(

Resting day for Vontae. Hugh Thornton and quite a few others didn't practice today either

#63 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 10060 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

i hope thats just rest and that foot injury dont keep him out cause i dont want to see Vaughn get the start.

Vaughn wouldn't start. He'd be the nickel CB. Greg Toler & Darius Butler would be the 1 & 2 if Vontae was a no go

#64 Mameluc

Mameluc
  • 2010 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

No? Three starters are out on Seattle's offensive line and they might not have Michael Bennett back either.  Not to mention Harvin.

I thought their OL was supposed be back for this game

#65 Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt
  • 1174 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

I thought their OL was supposed be back for this game

Okung is out for sure I think. The other two might be back.

#66 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1204 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Idk if it's been stated but Howell was full go today per the injury report at the bottom of the Richardson article that came out today on the main site.

#67 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1204 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Okung is out for sure I think. The other two might be back.

Another thing is "back" doesn't mean 100%. Look at AC as an example. He was back, but didn't get fully healthy and contributing till week 3.

#68 tfunky14

tfunky14
  • 661 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

good to hear back at practice

#69 jameszeigler834

jameszeigler834
  • 1027 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

Resting day for Vontae. Hugh Thornton and quite a few others didn't practice today either

Also if they  cant go who replaces them.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      19 Aug
    TKnight24

So in other news, TK24 has a spiral fracture in his fibula on his right leg. So, now sentenced to bed rest and possible surgey, TK24's activity on the forum may take a slight decrease

Show comments (6)
View All Updates