Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Delano Howell Injured

corgi

As I said in another thread on this guy, while I think he's pretty good, I also think some of his success filling in for Landry is because the other players around him in the secondary are so good (Bethea, Davis, Toler, Butler specifically).  So even if, say, Lefeged was the guy, I think we'd be OK because I think the overall quality of the secondary can help hide his deficiencies.

As I said in another thread on this guy, while I think he's pretty good, I also think some of his success filling in for Landry is because the other players around him in the secondary are so good (Bethea, Davis, Toler, Butler specifically).  So even if, say, Lefeged was the guy, I think we'd be OK because I think the overall quality of the secondary can help hide his deficiencies.

Bethea, Butler, Davis could not hide Zbikowskis inept play last year, if ya got a bad Safety or bad Corner out there a good QB will pick on him all day long, Think Cassius Vaughn vs Calvin Johnson, That was painful to watch

Guest TeamLoloJones

no, the Colts are completely riddled but the broncos and other teams have had their share (even the pats)

No? Three starters are out on Seattle's offensive line and they might not have Michael Bennett back either.  Not to mention Harvin.

Bethea, Butler, Davis could not hide Zbikowskis inept play last year, if ya got a bad Safety or bad Corner out there a good QB will pick on him all day long, Think Cassius Vaughn vs Calvin Johnson, That was painful to watch

Cassius Vaughn on ANYBODY last year was painful....but you are correct....Calvin Johnson....the worst.  But then again he is Megatron!  

880565-megatron_posterbig.jpg

Those can end up the worst....playing after being taped up.  In high school I sprained my right ankle badly...taped it up and played...missed the next 4 games because of swelling and hematoma.  Darned I wish I had a boot....

boots2.jpg

I thought I was going to get a boot after my surgery to put fake Achilles' tendon in my leg between 3rd and 4th grade since I was told I would have a walking cast... I woke up in a full leg cast with a cloth shoe to wear.

I thought I was going to get a boot after my surgery to put fake Achilles' tendon in my leg between 3rd and 4th grade since I was told I would have a walking cast... I woke up in a full leg cast with a cloth shoe to wear.

UURGH!  When I was little....all they had were casts... :)  I know I have broken bones, but never had a cast...itchy things!!!

So what exactly is up with Laron  Landry's ankle problem. I havnt herd anything on it.

The only thing I've heard was 2-3 weeks.  So he'll probably miss thiss week and be back next week.  If he's 90% and Howell can't play, maybe they bring him back sooner.  While I don't want to lose this game, I'd prefer they not put Landry in unless he was 100%...we're paying him too much to force him back before he's ready and then have something worse happen on the field.