Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Delano Howell Injured

corgi

Delano Howell spotted in boot at practice. Bethea, Satele suited up and rolling. No sign of Bradshaw, Landry, Francois. Werner in boot.

#colts S Delano Howell with left foot in boot. Could be issue with S LaRon Landry's ankle issue

Delano Howell in a walking boot during practice. Not certain on details but bears watching with Landry out. #Colts

Yikes.

No, but the medical staff taped him after the injury and he played the rest of the game.

Those can end up the worst....playing after being taped up.  In high school I sprained my right ankle badly...taped it up and played...missed the next 4 games because of swelling and hematoma.  Darned I wish I had a boot....

boots2.jpg

Those can end up the worst....playing after being taped up.  In high school I sprained my right ankle badly...taped it up and played...missed the next 4 games because of swelling and hematoma.  Darned I wish I had a boot....

boots2.jpg

Blew my Achilles and wore one for quite a while!

boots2.jpg

Been thru that myself,Tore LIgaments black and blue from toes to knee,Lol taped up playing softball within 2 weeks, also took over a year to heal.These didn't exist back then

Dear Sweet Lord, please tell me this is at least from a game.  I will bring medicine water from the river (by my van) into the practice facility and place it in a stoup at the entrance.  All players please dab into the water and apply to ailing body parts. 

He came to practice wearing the boot, he didn't get hurt in practice.  I'd assume it was from Sunday.

Funny, at the start of the season I thought S was our least deep position.  With Landry's history I thought it could be a problem.  Turns out Howell is pretty good, and Lefeged isn't bad. 

not this year but next 

Dont get me wrong, I really like the guy but I think he was and is a real long shot to stay healthy for any significant amount of time, especially with 2 knee operations, his style of play just very likely would not ever allow for that to happen

He came to practice wearing the boot, he didn't get hurt in practice.  I'd assume it was from Sunday.

Funny, at the start of the season I thought S was our least deep position.  With Landry's history I thought it could be a problem.  Turns out Howell is pretty good, and Lefeged isn't bad. 

Yea, it's a pleasant surprise that Howell could actually hang on his own out there, and then some.  Lefeged is a step down for sure but does know the position and we'll sure need him vs. Seattle on Sunday....."and then some"

Yeah a walking boot does not mean automatic doom. Unless you are Werner and well we already know he is doomed for several weeks.

We'll see Friday if anyone is a go this weekend......

We always seemed banged up before a quality opponent too. Always......and we tend to be "okay".

@TribStarTJames: Colts Wednesday injuries: Bradshaw, neck; Davis, foot; Howell, toe; Jean Francois, groin; Landry, ankle; Thornton, shoulder; Werner, foot.

@TribStarTJames: Colts Wednesday injury list: DNP-Bradshaw, Howell, Jean Francois, Landry, Werner. Limited-Davis, Thornton.

The Colts are just cursed with the injury bug. It's to the point now that I have to pessimistically trick myself into automatically excluding at least 3-4 perceived key contributors heading into the season, before I get excited looking at our roster. Makes it much less of a bummer when you EXPECT to lose a number of our best players for an extended stretch every year. lol