Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's Great to be a Colts and Broncos Fan

18Manning

When the Broncos come to Indy, I will be cheering for the Colts to pull out a big W while also hoping that Peyton has a great game  . . . albeit a loss. 

yeah....no....see I can't do that. 

I root for Peyton every week, except that one. That week, he's the enemy. He might as well be the twisted offspring of Tom Brady and Jeff George. I want to see my Colts defense rip his lungs out (figuratively). I don't want to see him get hurt, mind you. I would be just fine watching him scurry outta here humiliated and distraught at the pride obliterating back-slap to his ego applied by my Colts. 

My objective prediction however....Peyton's gonna punch a hole through our faces and light up the scoreboard in a way that would make Clark Griswald jealous. Hope I'm wrong 'bout that. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you are enjoying the season

I kind of thought I would follow Peyton after he left. But I haven't 

Colts and Manning had to part ways......it was the end of Camelot..........sad but, that's just how it had to be

And now I feel about the Broncos the way I feel about any nfl team that is not the colts.

It's still weird for me to see Manning in a Broncos uni so, I just don't watch it.

I've known lots of people to be fans of more than one team though, during superbowl xli, knew a lot of dual Bears/Colts fans that saw the game as a win/win

:dunno:

The one that really does not make sense to me is dual colts/steeler fans

Just cannot wrap my head around it but, I know they're out there.

Colts and Manning had to part ways......it was the end of Camelot..........sad but, that's just how it had to be

And now I feel about the Broncos the way I feel about any nfl team that is not the colts.

It's still weird for me to see Manning in a Broncos uni so, I just don't watch it.

I've known lots of people to be fans of more than one team though, during superbowl xli, knew a lot of dual Bears/Colts fans that saw the game as a win/win

I watch Peyton and Know what I see , but still see him as if in horseshoe helmet , cant help it 

this weeks will be different ,  Broncos are going back to old blue uniforms , to me that's totality weird look

To each there own

I'm worse than that!! I'm just a Colts Fan!! If the Colts moved to tim buck two I'd be a Timbucktwo Colts fan!!!

Interesting question for you. It has always fascinated about people from Baltimore and Maryland, following the Colts to Indy, and not moving onto the Ravens. If you're not originally from Maryland , or just a Unitas fan, that is different. However, I wonder if The Colts name had been changed to Hoosiers or something, would people still have followed them if they weren't from Indianapolis ? Is it the Colts generic name and logo that they follow ? I wonder how many Houston Oiler fans follow the Tennessee Titans, and who follows the Houston Texans ? If they were the Tennesee Oilers, and they have the old Oiler history as the Titans , would more people from Houston follow the Tennessee team, or the new Houston Texans team ? 

I bring this up because you have fans out there that just follow players like Peyton, the hot team, or they didn't have a team in their city, or region. Those folks who don't have a football team in their communities I kind of understand, but I don't understand how people can grow up in a city or community, and start following a team in another city suddenly, because of a player. 

Interesting question for you. It has always fascinated about people from Baltimore and Maryland, following the Colts to Indy, and not moving onto the Ravens. If you're not originally from Maryland , or just a Unitas fan, that is different. However, I wonder if The Colts name had been changed to Hoosiers or something, would people still have followed them if they weren't from Indianapolis ? Is it the Colts generic name and logo that they follow ? I wonder how many Houston Oiler fans follow the Tennessee Titans, and who follows the Houston Texans ? If they were the Tennesee Oilers, and they have the old Oiler history as the Titans , would more people from Houston follow the Tennessee team, or the new Houston Texans team ? 

I bring this up because you have fans out there that just follow players like Peyton, the hot team, or they didn't have a team in their city, or region. Those folks who don't have a football team in their communities I kind of understand, but I don't understand how people can grow up in a city or community, and start following a team in another city suddenly, because of a player. 

I'll answer this last part... for myself, anyway.   How this Ohio Gal became a Colts Fan.

My son attended Univ. of Tenn @ the same time Peyton did. We Became  fans of Peyton during his College career, and followed him to Indianapolis, and have been Colts Fans ever since.

yeah....no....see I can't do that. 

I root for Peyton every week, except that one. That week, he's the enemy. He might as well be the twisted offspring of Tom Brady and Jeff George. I want to see my Colts defense rip his lungs out (figuratively). I don't want to see him get hurt, mind you. I would be just fine watching him scurry outta here humiliated and distraught at the pride obliterating back-slap to his ego applied by my Colts. 

My objective prediction however....Peyton's gonna punch a hole through our faces and light up the scoreboard in a way that would make Clark Griswald jealous. Hope I'm wrong 'bout that. 

And, I have no problem with that.

You have told me how you feel while also not betlittling my feelings and I think that is the key.  We should all be able to express our feelings without being told that we are wrong for how we feel. 

It's kinda like potato salad.  I think it is one of the most evil concoctions that has ever been invented by man.  :yuk:

I would have to be literally starving to let that stuff anywhere near my lips.

But, if someone tells me that they love potato salad; I wouldn't tell them that they were wrong . . . although I couldn't help thinking that they were :nutz: .

I'll answer this last part... for myself, anyway.   How this Ohio Gal became a Colts Fan.

My son attended Univ. of Tenn @ the same time Peyton did. We Became  fans of Peyton during his College career, and followed him to Indianapolis, and have been Colts Fans ever since.

Interesting. Did you become a Tennesse fan, or follow Ohio State, or some other Ohio team, after Manning left ? I am a Maryland fan, but I didn't follow Boomer Eaisison , and become a Bengals fan. I know some people do that, so I'm not criticizing, but it's something that is alien to me. If the Raven's aren't playing, or during the time Baltimore didn't have a team for twelve years, I would follow Frank Reich at Buffalo, for example, and root for them against the Jets or something for that game, but I was never a fan of that team. No right or wrong answer here, just wondering.  

Interesting. Did you become a Tennesse fan, or follow Ohio State, or some other Ohio team, after Manning left ? I am a Maryland fan, but I didn't follow Boomer Eaisison , and become a Bengals fan. I know some people do that, so I'm not criticizing, but it's something that is alien to me. If the Raven's aren't playing, or during the time Baltimore didn't have a team for twelve years, I would follow Frank Reich at Buffalo, for example, and root for them against the Jets or something for that game, but I was never a fan of that team. No right or wrong answer here, just wondering.  

haha Funny you should ask.... I am, to this day, still a Tennessee VOLS fan...   :dunno:

As you say,  no right or wrong,   As long as we're fans of the game,  right...??

I mean,  I have no problem with who other people root and cheer for, and I am comfortable in my own skin with who I cheer for...  The way I see it,  if others have a problem with it, it's their problem,  not mine.    I'm good with where I stand.     I love the game of Football.  ;)   :huthut:  :td:

I don't see why it's a big deal when people root for two different teams.  I mean, as long as you have a team that you root for over all others.  I don't see a big deal.  I root for the Pacers and have been a Pacers fan since I was born here and knew what basketball was.  However, I also root for the Heat because I lived in Florida for several years and my friends liked them and we didn't get many Pacers games in Florida.  So naturally, I came to start liking them after watching enough games.  I still rooted for them over the Heat this past playoff series and I always will (which by the way, I really believe Pacers were the better team, but refs really do slurp all over Lebron).   I didn't root for any Florida football teams because I take football so much more serious than I do the NBA - not to mention, the Dolphins, Jags, and Bucs suck balls.  For me anyway, the NBA is fun, but the NFL is life.

Actually, a lot of them (Oiler/Titan fans) did and still do.  But I'm of the opinion that you can desert a team if they get up and move, even if it's years down the road when you get a new team in your hometown.  So when Houston Texans came around, I had no issue with them changing their affiliation.  I think i'ts unreasonable to criticize (not saying that's what you are doing) someone when the franchise has deserted them.  It's the same reason why I think it's silly that Baltimore fans still make remarks about Bob Irsay leaving Baltimore.  I mean, you criticize Irsay for leaving act like he's Satan reincarnate, but they see nothing wrong with Modell doing the EXACT SAME THING to Cleveland?  Yeah, okay.

I don't see why it's a big deal when people root for two different teams.  I mean, as long as you have a team that you root for over all others.  I don't see a big deal.  I root for the Pacers and have been a Pacers fan since I was born here and knew what basketball was.  However, I also root for the Heat because I lived in Florida for several years and my friends liked them and we didn't get many Pacers games in Florida.  So naturally, I came to start liking them after watching enough games.  I still rooted for them over the Heat this past playoff series and I always will (which by the way, I really believe Pacers were the better team, but refs really do slurp all over Lebron).   I didn't root for any Florida football teams because I take football so much more serious than I do the NBA - not to mention, the Dolphins, Jags, and Bucs suck balls.  For me anyway, the NBA is fun, but the NFL is life.

I would agree with you here... You can root for two teams but if those two teams have the possibility of playing each-other then you have to know ahead of time which one you are going to favor over the other.

I had this difficulty in college because I grew up watching the Iowa Hawkeyes, mostly in football but also some in basketball.  But I went to Valparaiso University.

They ended up playing each other on two different occasions.  I rooted for my alma mater.  

Like the Hawks and all, still do, but you can't take away my personal connection to my alma mater.  The only thing that could possibly make my cheer for a team over them is if my son ended up playing on a team against them.  

I would agree with you here... You can root for two teams but if those two teams have the possibility of playing each-other then you have to know ahead of time which one you are going to favor over the other.

I had this difficulty in college because I grew up watching the Iowa Hawkeyes, mostly in football but also some in basketball.  But I went to Valparaiso University.

They ended up playing each other on two different occasions.  I rooted for my alma mater.  

Like the Hawks and all, still do, but you can't take away my personal connection to my alma mater.  The only thing that could possibly make my cheer for a team over them is if my son ended up playing on a team against them.  

Yeah, with college, it happens much more often I would tend to think. I grew up watching ND all my life, but went ot IU.  Although, for football, I think I'd root for ND.  Not that I didn't appreciate my alma mater, but they've never been any good anyway so I could root for IU all I want, it isn't going to change anything.  Watch, 10 years down the road, IU will be a power house they'll play ND in the championship game and I'll have to stand by these words.  Then IU would destroy ND Alabama style.  Okay, the delusions are over now.

I can feel for OP, my story is different, I grew up in a NCAA only household... I watched Manning in TN (my favorite team) then followed him to NFL to play for this amazing team the Colts that I fell in love with... Watching Manning seriously be pushed out of town (in hind sight best thing for everyone) really caused hard feelings for me against Irsay... I all but thought my love of the Colts was gone... I followed Manning to Broncos, last season I would watch Colts play and Broncos play and found myself equally happy for each success... However to get ripped on very soon I will be hoping for Manning to beat the Colts when they play... Not that I still have ill feelings over manning being pushed out, but because the player that got me interested in the NFL has a very small window left of playing in the game I love... The Colts organization as a whole has unlimited amount of time for SB... I will say this I spend most my time reading Colts Forums because some of the posters here are by far more informative than Broncos Forums... Heck even more informative of some articials on NFL.com

Yeah, with college, it happens much more often I would tend to think. I grew up watching ND all my life, but went ot IU.  Although, for football, I think I'd root for ND.  Not that I didn't appreciate my alma mater, but they've never been any good anyway so I could root for IU all I want, it isn't going to change anything.  Watch, 10 years down the road, IU will be a power house they'll play ND in the championship game and I'll have to stand by these words.  Then IU would destroy ND Alabama style.  Okay, the delusions are over now.

I can't image any scenario that involves IU being a powerhouse in football.

Actually, a lot of them (Oiler/Titan fans) did and still do.  But I'm of the opinion that you can desert a team if they get up and move, even if it's years down the road when you get a new team in your hometown.  So when Houston Texans came around, I had no issue with them changing their affiliation.  I think i'ts unreasonable to criticize (not saying that's what you are doing) someone when the franchise has deserted them.  It's the same reason why I think it's silly that Baltimore fans still make remarks about Bob Irsay leaving Baltimore.  I mean, you criticize Irsay for leaving act like he's Satan reincarnate, but they see nothing wrong with Modell doing the EXACT SAME THING to Cleveland?  Yeah, okay.

Not really commenting about the move stuff or reasons , but why a team would follow a logo out of their state , city, or region. It gets into the reasons about why we vote for teams , or I guess in some cases, multiple teams. I'm not sure why people in Houston would follow the Tennessee Titans. Do they like Bud Adams that much? If you were an Oiler fan in Houston, unless you were a casual fan what would you have on common with a Titan logo or the City of Nashville . If you were a Houston resident , why wouldn't you embrace your new community team, the Texans. People are invested through community events , and the taxes they pay to support a team.

Knowing Cleveland like I do , there are very few Ravens or Modell fans there. They are much like Baltimore and Pittsburgh, old blue collar community oriented cities. The roots run deep , and loyalty from a franchise is demanded.

Not really commenting about the move stuff or reasons , but why a team would follow a logo out of their state , city, or region. It gets into the reasons about why we vote for teams , or I guess in some cases, multiple teams. I'm not sure why people in Houston would follow the Tennessee Titans. Do they like Bud Adams that much? If you were an Oiler fan in Houston, unless you were a casual fan what would you have on common with a Titan logo or the City of Nashville . If you were a Houston resident , why wouldn't you embrace your new community team, the Texans. People are invested through community events , and the taxes they pay to support a team.

Knowing Cleveland like I do , there are very few Ravens or Modell fans there. They are much like Baltimore and Pittsburgh, old blue collar community oriented cities. The roots run deep , and loyalty from a franchise is demanded.

Oh I don't disagree with you on that.  As to why someone would continue to follow the Titans, in spite of the fact that they now have the Texans?  I don't know.  Fans have tehir reasons I suppose.  I'm with you on the loyalty aspect.  And maybe for some fans, teh history and time spent rooting for the Oilers may have been enough sentimental value for them to continue to root for them.  I mean, yeah it's a team name and logo change, but it was still the same team.  I mean, what's the difference between staying in Houston and rooting for the Titans than when a fan lives in Indianapolis, roots for the Colts, and then moves to Baltimore and continues to root for the Colts?  He now has ties to Baltimore, not the Colts. 

I guess the bottom line and what I'm trying to say is, people like who they like, and yeah, there are reasons people root for any team.  We're all different, so while one person may think community is the primary basis for rooting for a team, others may think it's sentimental, and everything in between.

I read somewhere that the NFL is finding that their main demographic- males between the ages of 18-35 - are becoming more loyal to players then teams. They base this on the rise of FF. It was interesting. I can't imagine voting for a player over my team but to each his own.

Oh I don't disagree with you on that.  As to why someone would continue to follow the Titans, in spite of the fact that they now have the Texans?  I don't know.  Fans have tehir reasons I suppose.  I'm with you on the loyalty aspect.  And maybe for some fans, teh history and time spent rooting for the Oilers may have been enough sentimental value for them to continue to root for them.  I mean, yeah it's a team name and logo change, but it was still the same team.  I mean, what's the difference between staying in Houston and rooting for the Titans than when a fan lives in Indianapolis, roots for the Colts, and then moves to Baltimore and continues to root for the Colts?  He now has ties to Baltimore, not the Colts. 

I guess the bottom line and what I'm trying to say is, people like who they like, and yeah, there are reasons people root for any team.  We're all different, so while one person may think community is the primary basis for rooting for a team, others may think it's sentimental, and everything in between.

Most of the people I know grew up in Baltimore and no matter where they live follow the Baltimore teams. People that have been uprooted by their parents and grew up in multiple city's, I can somewhat understand. I don't fully understand Baltimore or Maryland born people following the Colts to Indianapolis, but I've been told they follow the team because of the continuous logo and franchise history.

If I moved to Indy , and I like the city, I would still be a Ravens fan . I like St Elmo's and Kona Jacks in Carmel , but not enough to turn back into a Colts fan again. Anyway, all of my old Colts gear would be considered throwbacks , and out of style.

Most of the people I know grew up in Baltimore and no matter where they live follow the Baltimore teams. People that have been uprooted by their parents and grew up in multiple city's, I can somewhat understand. I don't fully understand Baltimore or Maryland born people following the Colts to Indianapolis, but I've been told they follow the team because of the continuous logo and franchise history.

If I moved to Indy , and I like the city, I would still be a Ravens fan . I like St Elmo's and Kona Jacks in Carmel , but not enough to turn back into a Colts fan again. Anyway, all of my old Colts gear would be considered throwbacks , and out of style.

Oh I just got soo hungry just now.

Interesting question for you. It has always fascinated about people from Baltimore and Maryland, following the Colts to Indy, and not moving onto the Ravens. If you're not originally from Maryland , or just a Unitas fan, that is different. However, I wonder if The Colts name had been changed to Hoosiers or something, would people still have followed them if they weren't from Indianapolis ? Is it the Colts generic name and logo that they follow ? I wonder how many Houston Oiler fans follow the Tennessee Titans, and who follows the Houston Texans ? If they were the Tennesee Oilers, and they have the old Oiler history as the Titans , would more people from Houston follow the Tennessee team, or the new Houston Texans team ?  I bring this up because you have fans out there that just follow players like Peyton, the hot team, or they didn't have a team in their city, or region. Those folks who don't have a football team in their communities I kind of understand, but I don't understand how people can grow up in a city or community, and start following a team in another city suddenly, because of a player.

That's easy for me, wish I had my old about me page to past but I'll keep this simple about why I'm a Colts fan and only thing that keeps me a Colts fan only. My first football game I ever saw was the 1958 championship game as a four year old child. Feel in love with the white helmet with horseshoe on it and Johnny Unitas!! Although I liked certain players over the years but loving the Colts is falling in love with the helmets and if uniforms ran around with no-one in them I'm still a Colts fans. So really because of what happened as a child makes me a colts fan not since JU has it made a difference to me who was on the team I liked them good and bad. Now, the only time I think I would not like the Colts anymore would be if they used the blue helmets with the 2 little horseshoes on the back all the time I don't think I could any longer be a Colts fans, that's not the team I grew up with. Well there's more to it but that's it in a nut shell why I'm a Colts fan. So usually for me if a player moves on I usually move on from them for the most part and give my all to Colts football!!!

I can't even watch his commercials now cause I absolutely hate seeing him in that broncos uni!

Heck just today I wanted to reach in and punch john elway on espn for talking about manning like he's known him for years!

I don't judge those that no longer support Peyton.   I do however have a problem with those wishing physical harm to him..  I guess I'm weird that way.....   :dunno:

I hope that my post that said I hope PM is on his back crying like a girl wasn't misinterperated. I have never, or will never, wish physical harm to anyone. Football player or otherwise. I just meant that I hope we beat them.

I will always want Peyton to do well, and if they are playing anyone EXCEPT the Colts, I will cheer them on. That said, come October 20th, I will be yelling for the boys in blue. I don't own any Broncos gear, and think its lame seeing #18 Broncos jerseys at Colts games.

Side note, I am a study in contradictions

IU hoops fan. Can't stand IU football...grew up in a IU basketball home.

Ball State grad, fan of all sports there. Great to see the football team doing well

ND football fan, don't really care one way or the other about basketball or other sports of theirs

Don't like Purdue basketball, but I like seeing the football team do well except against ND

But the Colts and Pacers, along with Ball State...I don't budge on..

Wow.

Just.... wow.

This mindset is unthinkable to me. And is contrary to the term "fan."

Well, here's one definition...

fan

2 /fæn/  Show Spelled [fan]  Show IPA

noun
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.

Per the definition, I don't see anything that suggests a fan has to be for a single team. It may be "unthinkable" to you, but it's not "contrary" to the term "fan".

Well, here's one definition...

fan

2 /fæn/  Show Spelled [fan]  Show IPA

noun
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.

I don't see anything that says I can't be a fan of more than 1 team.

Ask your wife if she's devoted to you, then ask yourself how you would feel if she was "devoted" to other people the same way.

You can't be devoted to more than one.

Ask your wife if she's devoted to you, then ask yourself how you would feel if she was "devoted" to other people the same way.

You can't be devoted to more than one.

I was waiting around to see if you would post something a little more logical for an analogy. I can think of a few myself, but that's not a good one.

This is a weird thread. I mean, not that I really care what team you like or dont like. I just don't see the point in this thread.

OP had to have known this was going to happened when he/she posted it. 

It may be a weird thread, but I actually think it is a good thread.

As a moderator, I am dreading the upcoming game vs. the Broncos because I fear that no matter the outcome, there will be volatile reactions.  :explode:

So, I think it is good that we are now discussing our differing emotions and dare I hope :cloud9:

. . . even learning to accept and respect the thoughts of those who view things differently.

That is a ridiculous analogy.

I have two children.  I am devoted to both.

It would be impossible for me to chose one over the other. 

You know you've got a favorite.

:neener:

But seriously, you're devoted to the set of "Shecolts' children".  Despite having multiple members, it's a singularly defined group.  You're not dedicated to simply "children" or "children named Bob and Steve".

The group of "current Colts and Peyton Manning's team" is not a singularly defined set, it's a combination of two sets.  Those two sets, as with any two sets, will necessarily have differing characteristics, which means there are factors for which one is held in higher regard and you cannot be dedicated to both when they necessarily must come into conflict (only one team can win the Super Bowl).  

This is a weird thread. I mean, not that I really care what team you like or dont like. I just don't see the point in this thread.

OP had to have known this was going to happened when he/she posted it. 

Yes in a way it might seem weird, but at the same time there is nothing wrong with one wanting to share one's excitement about being a fan of two different teams . . . I for one have like both the Redskins and Patriots since the early 70s . . . fell in love with the over the hill gang under George Allen . . . it does not bother me that I am a fan of both teams . . . given the success in Indy and Denver, with Denver having one of your favorite players I can see how one could be a fan of both teams . . . 

As there can tend to be more serious thread on here and some that can get in involved on a deep intellectual level, argumentative level, team lines level . . . it is nice to have one that is a tad lighter in the saddle . . .

But seriously, you're devoted to the set of "Shecolts' children".  Despite having multiple members, it's a singularly defined group.  You're not dedicated to simply "children" or "children named Bob and Steve".

The group of "current Colts and Peyton Manning's team" is not a singularly defined set, it's a combination of two sets.  Those two sets, as with any two sets, will necessarily have differing characteristics, which means there are factors for which one is held in higher regard and you cannot be dedicated to both when they necessarily must come into conflict (only one team can win the Super Bowl).  

MATH!

yes I see your point . . . but not sure if sports is a serious as life . . . and perhaps the rules are not as stringent with the latter . . . not all sets need to come in conflict as one of the teams might loose before they meet . . . and as such the may never meet . . .but when then do, one can at that point chose who one wants . . . 

I want the Pats to win the SB, but if not would like to see the skins win it . . . if they happen to meet in the SB I am cheering for the pats . . .

I can't even watch his commercials now cause I absolutely hate seeing him in that broncos uni!

Heck just today I wanted to reach in and punch john elway on espn for talking about manning like he's known him for years!

Yeah seeing him in a broncos uni gives me the creeps

don't like it at all

so I ignore it

If I saw  elway talking like that.......I'd change the channel

but just wanted to say thanks for the laugh

Good to know I'm not the only one that feels that way. Guess he's still a colt in my head........no matter where he actually is now

That's easy for me, wish I had my old about me page to past but I'll keep this simple about why I'm a Colts fan and only thing that keeps me a Colts fan only. My first football game I ever saw was the 1958 championship game as a four year old child. Feel in love with the white helmet with horseshoe on it and Johnny Unitas!! Although I liked certain players over the years but loving the Colts is falling in love with the helmets and if uniforms ran around with no-one in them I'm still a Colts fans. So really because of what happened as a child makes me a colts fan not since JU has it made a difference to me who was on the team I liked them good and bad. Now, the only time I think I would not like the Colts anymore would be if they used the blue helmets with the 2 little horseshoes on the back all the time I don't think I could any longer be a Colts fans, that's not the team I grew up with. Well there's more to it but that's it in a nut shell why I'm a Colts fan. So usually for me if a player moves on I usually move on from them for the most part and give my all to Colts football!!!

I think your comments are pretty much what I've heard from other people on the forum that have followed the Colts from Indy to Baltimore. Had Irsay renamed the team , it sounds like even less would have followed the Colts after the move. The ones who did follow, followed the horse shoe.

I also idolized , met, and watched John Unitas. I used to go down with my family to his Golden Arm Restaurant in Lutherville. John was a loyal , diehard, Baltimore guy, and he always promoted the Ravens as the heir apparent to the Baltimore Colts. For him, and most of us, when the Baltimore Colts left in 1983, that team died and then the history moved on with the Baltimore Ravens. Note I didn't say franchise history. I honestly don't think John ever had anything at all against Indy whatsoever, he was very simplistic on stating he just never played there. Like most of us, when the Ravens came to town in 1996, John was there cheering with the rest of us. He stood on the sidelines for many of the games, and when he passed away , they had a #19 in a blue circle on the Ravens sideline. As you know, he is in the Ravens Ring of Honor and had a statue at M &T Bank stadium. Lesser known is that Towson University in Baltimore has a football stadium called Johnny Unitas Stadium.

It's cool for people in Indy , or anywhere, to like the Colts because of Unitas. It sounds like you like the Colts because of the horseshoe and using the same old uniforms. I am still a Colts fan, but a Baltimore Colts fan. Without the Baltimore in front of it, to me , it's a totally different team. Now obviously , the NFL franchise rules , and Hall of Fame say otherwise, but that is the feeling by most in Baltimore. Not saying anyone is right or wrong here, but just my opinion.

To go to your point about the uniforms and horseshoes , I just couldn't say the Indianapolis Colts were the team I followed in my childhood. It was the Baltimore Colts, and we played at Memorial stadium. Had I lived in Indiana, and was born there , I would certainly be an Indy Colts fan, a Pacers fan, and an IU fan. I've come to understand why Indy fans like the Colts and the horseshoe , much like I did , when I was growing up. I just couldn't identify with a team on the Midwest , in a dome, even though they had the same team colors and records. Unless you grew up in a city where a team moved, it may be hard to understand that, but it just isn't the same.

And, what if I told you that I was Olivia Manning.  I have two sons who play on different NFL teams and I am devoted to both of my sons.

Would I have to hold one of those teams in higher regard? 

Yeah seeing him in a broncos uni gives me the creeps

don't like it at all

so I ignore it

If I saw elway talking like that.......I'd change the channel

but just wanted to say thanks for the laugh

Good to know I'm not the only one that feels that way. Guess he's still a colt in my head........no matter where he actually is now

Agreed! In my mind he retired as a Colt and is sitting on some beach sipping fruity drinks with umbrellas in them ;) that broncos guy is an imposter!