Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian 'baffled,' Eventual Success, College Cornerbacks

Smitto

Bill Polian is quoted from the post-game radio show: “I’m baffled. Truthfully, it’s hard to envision with the kind of people we have upfront that we can be this porous in the secondary.”

Really? Smart guy like BP can't figure it out? Ask the Offensive Coordinators of Houston, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, or KC.

Better yet, ask Peyton to take a look at some film and see what he wouild do to beat Larry Coyer's defensive schemes. Bet that would be an eye opener......

I really think this organization lacks "leadership" with Manning gone. Everyone was quick to take credit when 18 was health, now nobody wants to take blame now that he is out. It is shocking the deficiencies Manning masked...

I agree wholeheartedly. If nothing else, this season has proven that Manning is the greatest QB of his generation. Before now I never would have thought the rest of the team was this bad. Clearly, Polian needs to fix some thingsand maybe this is the wake up call he needs.

wow, if we had a good secondary................wow, next year would be awesome!

Yep, if the Colts had Haloti Ngata and Darelle Revis, that would be nice too (j/k) :). Boy, I am glad I was on vacation and just returned and did not have to catch the game while in Florida, just checked updates.

Now that we have re-signed Daniel Muir, the only question would be if our run D will worsen or our secondary :)??? Man, it very well seems like we will end up like the Houston Texans' secondary of last year, the laughing stock of the league.

Help is needed across the board and the more picks we have in the first 3 rounds of the 2012 draft, the better off we will be in the long term. Jim Mora Sr.'s playoffs quote is appropriate here, isn't it; especially the "I just hope we win a game" part of it?

Edited by chad72

Bill Polian is quoted from the post-game radio show: “I’m baffled. Truthfully, it’s hard to envision with the kind of people we have upfront that we can be this porous in the secondary.”

Let's see, 6'2", 220 Bowe, vs 5'10" 175 Lacey. Just baffling, isn't it?????

Let's see he cut Hayden and Tryon. He's fielding two UDFAs as starters, and has whiffed on every CB pick in the last 3 years. Either that or we are intentionally tanking our CB spot.

How else could you explain it? We cut our two best corners and a young guy who could be as good one day in Powers gets hurt, and he's baffled? I'm baffled that he's baffled. How clueless can you be? Are there any guys out there that could remedy the situation now without giving up draft picks? Probably not. But that's our problem now.

Has Tryon been picked up by anyone yet? He was our best CB and it was ridiculous he wasn't playing. If we cut him because he was fussing about playing behind guys who aren't as good as him I'd understand. It's just as ridiculous as cutting Tommie Harris. Sure the guy probably had a big head too but he would have been the best DT we ever had if he stayed healthy. If he got hurt and became a cancer, cut him. I feel like we did him wrong. Mathis and Freeney wanted to play with the guy it seems. Or if they didn't it was all an ego issue, and I say that's what we deserve then when other teams run it downs our throats every game and we can do nothing to stop it.

Let's see, 6'2", 220 Bowe, vs 5'10" 175 Lacey. Just baffling, isn't it?????

I've been saying this for years. We always draft short undersized guys and it plays to our weaknesses instead of our strengths. Polian has dug himself a huge hole here. I think Polian should be let go at this point. A great pass rush and we can't jam anyone ever? Can't ever pick up a couple strong 6'2 corners to jam their guys at the lines so Freeney and Mathis have that extra half second to get that sack? That's all they need is an extra fraction of a second! So many times I see them just miss the QB because we can't ever jam a soul. This is a sad joke right? Maybe the best Qb ever and he never has a legit threat taller than 6 foot? We've never had a legit guy in the secondary taller than 6 foot?

I'll say it again. I'm baffled he's baffled.