Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The *OFFICIAL* Colts will upset the 49ers thread...

bap1331

Yes this is the official thread, so mods please don't merge this with any other thread. Unless the title stays the same. Thank you for your kindness!

Okay so here is what im thinking, Irsay and Luck I know you're reading this so pay attention and take notes! You can also follow me on Twitter.

1. Start off with intimidation! I called Alka Seltzer and they have agreed to give us a season supply of Alka Seltzers to look like the Colts players have foam coming out of their mouths. This will for sure send them a tough message to the league!

2. Run a no huddle offense. No running game? No problem! Our oline does not want to protect Luck. So we need to tire the defense out.

3. Play action pass and run out of the pocket. Eli Manning and Peyton love to do these types of plays and they have a 100% success rate. Plus the defense will shift one way and Luck is fast enough to run to the other side and pass it to Wayne. Easy touchdown!

Play2_original.png?1373839301

4. Audibles. Andrew Luck needs to learn to use audibles and fake audibles. They suck up time and confuse defenses. No running game means more time for the other team to score right after.

5. Suck in the first half. 49ers, Patriots, and Colts have one thing in common. They never show up until the second half. If we show up in the first half, they will crush us in the second. Its exactly what happened in New England last year and exactly what the 9ers did in the Super Bowl. Start off fresh and we will leave stinky by the end of the game.

6. Avoid blitzes. Kapernick will find a way to run past us every play. So I think we should just pull back and have our linebackers ready to shift and block Kaepernick from running. Ravens did it in the Super Bowl.

7. Keep Kaepernick off the field. Its every quarterbacks weakness (except for Peyton). Keeping him off the field will make his muscles less active since he runs a lot.

8. Run a pistol offense every once in a while. The biggest element in the league is the element of surprise. 49ers will not be ready for this. Just like the Saints halftime onside kick at the SB, or Ravens fake punts...Harbaugh will be like, "Wait a minute! Only the us and the Redskins run the pistol offense! What are we going to do now? Let's shift the game plan" 

9. Bring back Jeff Saturday, Dwight Freeney, and Bob Sanders...atleast for 1 more season. We really miss that pass rush on the QB, game ending interceptions, and a better Center than Satele...

10. Trade for Joe Thomas. Im sure the Joe Thomas would actually want to win a Super Bowl in his lifetime. Obviously never gonna happen in Cleveland. Cleveland is desperate for more picks too. Send them one of our 7th rounders...so we can protect Luck's blind side.

and the result is? More respect from the league and a jump to #2 in the power rankings behind the Seahawks...until we beat them.

Where is the faith? Believe in Blue!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all you're gonna get are all the Debbie downers who are gonna say:

"Welp, i respect your opinion but mine is better, and I'm always right and a know it all, sooooooooo............" and proceed to tell you that we are gonna lose however many games to "better teams" like the 49ers, and since we lost to Miami our playoff hopes are done, and blah blah blah, etc etc etc...

I think it will be exciting.. I'd like to see the O make their backers have to run and cover early and often. they're great but keep em working, and I definitely want to see our WR's go against their DB's.. reggie can have a nice bounce back day.  

all you're gonna get are all the Debbie downers who are gonna say:

"Welp, i respect your opinion but mine is better, and I'm always right and a know it all, sooooooooo............" and proceed to tell you that we are gonna lose however many games to "better teams" like the 49ers, and since we lost to Miami our playoff hopes are done, and blah blah blah, etc etc etc...

I think it will be exciting.. I'd like to see the O make their backers have to run and cover early and often. they're great but keep em working, and I definitely want to see our WR's go against their DB's.. reggie can have a nice bounce back day.  

all I hear everyone say is, "49ers are going to be angry and let it out on the Colts"

and im like, "Colts are just as angry"

I already booked a Colts win 27-23 in the other niners threads, we don't lose back to back games we always get our mistakes corrected and bounce back

Like the confident attitude H town. Lately everyone has been so depressed on here and I'm happy that someone still believes in this team after one tough loss.

I don't know how many people are joking, but I really do believe we are going to beat the 49ers. 

Andrew Luck leads us to the first 40 burger in his era. 

Colts 42 

49ers 17

okay maybe not a crush. But 10 points ahead at the most. lol...

but hey...believe in blue, maybe it can happen!

okay maybe not a crush. But 10 points ahead at the most. lol...

but hey...believe in blue, maybe it can happen!

Vic Fangio (our old DC) was the DC for the Stanford Cardinals and he followed Harbaugh to San Fran. Luck practiced against that defense and has a photographic memory. Drew is going to burn them all day long.

Yes this is the official thread, so mods please don't merge this with any other thread. Unless the title stays the same. Thank you for your kindness!

Okay so here is what im thinking, Irsay and Luck I know you're reading this so pay attention and take notes! You can also follow me on Twitter.

1. Start off with intimidation! I called Alka Seltzer and they have agreed to give us a season supply of Alka Seltzers to look like the Colts players have foam coming out of their mouths. This will for sure send them a tough message to the league!

2. Run a no huddle offense. No running game? No problem! Our oline does not want to protect Luck. So we need to tire the defense out.

3. Play action pass and run out of the pocket. Eli Manning and Peyton love to do these types of plays and they have a 100% success rate. Plus the defense will shift one way and Luck is fast enough to run to the other side and pass it to Wayne. Easy touchdown!

Play2_original.png?1373839301

4. Audibles. Andrew Luck needs to learn to use audibles and fake audibles. They suck up time and confuse defenses. No running game means more time for the other team to score right after.

5. Suck in the first half. 49ers, Patriots, and Colts have one thing in common. They never show up until the second half. If we show up in the first half, they will crush us in the second. Its exactly what happened in New England last year and exactly what the 9ers did in the Super Bowl. Start off fresh and we will leave stinky by the end of the game.

6. Avoid blitzes. Kapernick will find a way to run past us every play. So I think we should just pull back and have our linebackers ready to shift and block Kaepernick from running. Ravens did it in the Super Bowl.

7. Keep Kaepernick off the field. Its every quarterbacks weakness (except for Peyton). Keeping him off the field will make his muscles less active since he runs a lot.

8. Run a pistol offense every once in a while. The biggest element in the league is the element of surprise. 49ers will not be ready for this. Just like the Saints halftime onside kick at the SB, or Ravens fake punts...Harbaugh will be like, "Wait a minute! Only the us and the Redskins run the pistol offense! What are we going to do now? Let's shift the game plan" 

9. Bring back Jeff Saturday, Dwight Freeney, and Bob Sanders...atleast for 1 more season. We really miss that pass rush on the QB, game ending interceptions, and a better Center than Satele...

10. Trade for Joe Thomas. Im sure the Joe Thomas would actually want to win a Super Bowl in his lifetime. Obviously never gonna happen in Cleveland. Cleveland is desperate for more picks too. Send them one of our 7th rounders...so we can protect Luck's blind side.

and the result is? More respect from the league and a jump to #2 in the power rankings behind the Seahawks...until we beat them.

Where is the faith? Believe in Blue!

I agree on all but number 9..... Sanders is too busy getting hurt just walking to his mailbox, Saturday is out of football shape and freeney is well slowing down...

Like the confident attitude H town. Lately everyone has been so depressed on here and I'm happy that someone still believes in this team after one tough loss.

It's funny that it would also happen with Peyton. When we would lose, it was the end if the world. Loll. we would be like, "there's always next year!"

if the niners defense plays like they did sunday night, i could see this very well happening with us putting up 40+ points. BUT our defense is not any better and we could very well give up 35 points to the niners. one thing everyone is forgetting is the niners have the one receiver who beat us in the playoffs in Anquan Boldin. and we can not stop the run which the Niners do have very good RB's. what is also scary is we have Walden who last season got beat on the read option a couple times and let Kap go right by him, do we start Werner over Walden??

2nd, this could be tough for us to win if Allen is not back. Wayne didn't do anything in last weeks game, and it was all TY hilton. offensive line needs to block better. 

fortunately i think this comes down to a FG. 

Colts 20

Niners 17

I'm just saying you don't have a chance in this game. If you have a chances of beating Jacksonville next week , or something , I'll agree.

Sure you hope the Colts will win, but hardly any pundit , except the most ardent rose colored glasses Colts fan , would pick the Colts.

To show you I'm a fair guy, I don't like the Ravens at home against the Texans , based on the way they have played.

Let's be serious, the Colts winning this game is an impossibility.  It's good that you are positive but let's be real.  Ok, let's take one scenario where the Colts are competitive (which I don't believe they will be), and that we lose a very close game by 1 to 5 points.  I know what you're going to do....you're going to take all the positives out of it and say WOW, we were closer than many bozos thought, we REALLY gave them a game and scared them,,,, whaaa??  save it.  This is not a winnable game and everyone knows it.  I do like us in the J-ville game on the road (which traditionally we have not done well).  Harbaugh is going to have the 49er pumped to kill us and he KNOWS how to look at film and exploit weaknesses, and we have many glaring ones which is scary. I'll take Jim Harbaugh in this one by 1 to 25 points. you know, it really doesn't make a difference.  A loss is a loss.  BUT!!!!! GO COLTS !!!!!!!!

If the game was in Indy , and SF had won at Seattle, I would give the Colts a punchers chance. Add to the fact that Harbaugh and the 49ers were completely embarrassed in that game, and Kap had to shave his eyebrow , would make it hard for any NFL team to go in and win that game. Way too many factors are at play to even consider an upset.

I do think Miami has improved, but that was a very bad home loss for the Colts. That was a win they needed badly, and you would have been fine with two so so home wins going into SF with a probable loss. In that scenario , you lose this game and win at JAX , and presto 3-1. Now 2-2 looks probable , with hard teams down the line. To make up for that Miami game , the Colts are going to have to beat a favored team down the line, but I doubt it will be this week in SF.

Yeah... not so sure why so many people have been down about our season after the Miami loss. Last year we were 1-2 heading into our week 4 bye. We lost bad to the Bears, narrowly escaped the Vikings (who at the time we could have assumed weren't good because they had nasty record too), and we lost to the Jags... at home. Sometimes you don't win the ones you think you should, and Miami looked really good out there anyways. I think we can find a way to upset some teams we think we'll lose. This one against the 49ers is away, and they're coming off a bitter loss, so I don't blame anyone for putting the game in the 49ers favor. That being said, I like how we look when we're executing properly. I hope the pass rush and pass protection can continue to improve like they did this past Sunday, we'll need both.

So a few in this have suggested running the no huddle up tempo offense is the way to go for us to win this one, interesting take on the David vs Goliath contests in sport in this article. It's quite long and wordy but if you can stick with it it's worth it (stole via Grantland): 

http://smartfootball.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/david-strategies-and-goliath-strategies.html

In short however the best way for an underdog to win is to take on unconventional strategies that increase the variance of the game. By then limiting the number of trials (or plays in the case of the NFL) you maximize the effect and increase your chance of winning. Not sure how directly applicable it is but it's a good read. 

If Pep calls good calls in the first half, then actually changes the scheme in the 2nd half then we have a slim chance. 

I hope he's learning that not making Offensive adjustments for the 2nd half leads the Defense to know exactly what you are doing since you never changed from the 1st half.

But that's exactly what they expect us to do :P

Let's be serious, the Colts winning this game is an impossibility.  It's good that you are positive but let's be real.  Ok, let's take one scenario where the Colts are competitive (which I don't believe they will be), and that we lose a very close game by 1 to 5 points.  I know what you're going to do....you're going to take all the positives out of it and say WOW, we were closer than many bozos thought, we REALLY gave them a game and scared them,,,, whaaa??  save it.  This is not a winnable game and everyone knows it.  I do like us in the J-ville game on the road (which traditionally we have not done well).  Harbaugh is going to have the 49er pumped to kill us and he KNOWS how to look at film and exploit weaknesses, and we have many glaring ones which is scary. I'll take Jim Harbaugh in this one by 1 to 25 points. you know, it really doesn't make a difference.  A loss is a loss.  BUT!!!!! GO COLTS !!!!!!!!

LAST YEAR WE LOST TO THE GOD darn JAGUARS AND THEN BEAT THE PACKERS WERE GONNA WIN 

completely agree...this time we have Trent Richardson and Ahmad Bradshaw