Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Refs in the Dolphins game [Merge]

Maniq

Yes, not ONE penalty on the Dolphins.  That IS unheard of and I think there was one or two calls that should have been blown.  No matter how you look at it though, I feel they out played us.  It's not often that I can say a straight football game was played but this was one.  They beat us, and I'm ok with that.  We showed so much improvement.  I think Werner and the pass rush looked good, even if our containment didn't.  I haven't looked at the stats, but watching the game I feel like we played a good game and we were just outdone.  I was hoping for a comeback in the fourth, but having Brown in instead of Bradshaw sealed the deal for us.  I think Brown played admirably, but he should not have been in on that last play.  Luck held on to the ball too long on some plays, and threw behind the receivers on a few more.  He didn't have his best game but he is still impressive as all get out.  Hopefully we don't get blown out next week, though I still anticipate a loss. I just hope we can still move down the field as effectively as we've proved we're able to.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, not ONE penalty on the Dolphins.  That IS unheard of and I think there was one or two calls that should have been blown.  No matter how you look at it though, I feel they out played us.  It's not often that I can say a straight football game was played but this was one.  They beat us, and I'm ok with that.  We showed so much improvement.  I think Werner and the pass rush looked good, even if our containment didn't.  I haven't looked at the stats, but watching the game I feel like we played a good game and we were just outdone.  I was hoping for a comeback in the fourth, but having Brown in instead of Bradshaw sealed the deal for us.  I think Brown played admirably, but he should not have been in on that last play.  Luck held on to the ball too long on some plays, and threw behind the receivers on a few more.  He didn't have his best game but he is still impressive as all get out.  Hopefully we don't get blown out next week, though I still anticipate a loss. I just hope we can still move down the field as effectively as we've proved we're able to.

I can think of a couple of games I've seen over the years where a team ended up with no flags but they always had one or two that were declined by the other team along the way.  Miami had ZERO thrown on them all day, I've never seen that.  Plus ALL the close calls wen their way in terms of placement of the ball and what not, we did get one over turned on reviewed but again the fact it needed to be reviewed goes to my point about Miami getting all the close calls.  They didn't lose us the game because we still only scored three points in the second half but the refs did seem a bit one sided and this is the kind of game that makes fans blame the refs. 

They missed quite a few holding calls today

It's becoming a horrible joke how much refs just ignore holding.  I understand they can't call all of them or they would call it every play but my goodness it's gone from the point that they called it if it was obvious now they don't even do that.  If they are going to keep not calling it the way they have they might as well get ride of the rule. 

It's becoming a horrible joke how much refs just ignore holding.  I understand they can't call all of them or they would call it every play but my goodness it's gone from the point that they called it if it was obvious now they don't even do that.  If they are going to keep not calling it the way they have they might as well get ride of the rule. 

Reggie was held on a 2nd and 1 at the 12:12 mark of the 1st quarter

So the replay booth clearly shows a ball on the ground in the catch they over turned?   I must have been blurry eyed because I never seen the ball touch the ground.

Which catch are you talking about? The Dominick Jones catch at the 1? Because that one clearly touched the ground.

Which catch are you talking about? The Dominick Jones catch at the 1? Because that one clearly touched the ground.

agreed, that's what I saw as well.  And the illegal shift penalty was also confirmed as being the correct call by Mike Pereira.  I think there was a bit of overreaction, but that's not all that uncommon in a game like that. :)

I can think of a couple of games I've seen over the years where a team ended up with no flags but they always had one or two that were declined by the other team along the way.  Miami had ZERO thrown on them all day, I've never seen that.  Plus ALL the close calls wen their way in terms of placement of the ball and what not, we did get one over turned on reviewed but again the fact it needed to be reviewed goes to my point about Miami getting all the close calls.  They didn't lose us the game because we still only scored three points in the second half but the refs did seem a bit one sided and this is the kind of game that makes fans blame the refs. 

Don't forget when it was 3 & 2 from the Miami 15 colts score a TD but wait another terrible call.

You guys are hilarious. Miami had many bad calls go against them. Wake being held. A fumble recovery by the Colts even though the play was blown dead. Awful ball placement.

No need to be babies about it.

Homers have no use for objectivity.

Plenty of bad decisions and bad throws to cost us the game if you care.

1st blown call - late hit out of bounds.

2nd blown call - very next play, obvious pass interference on Miami against Fleener.

3rd blown call - illegal shift penalty that didn't happen and cost us a TD.

4th blown call - Miami RB did not break the plane on their last TD. Should have been reversed.

I think I could go on, but kind of P'd off right now.

First 3 yes the 4th blown call I agree but it was not conclusive on the replay. I saw a lot of grabbing & pulling on our receivers all day, but all in all we need to play better really!

last week. "a win is a win"

this week. "a loss is not really a loss because of the refs"

suck it up guys. we should have put the pedal to the metal and scored more points.

This is correct, yes certainly some interesting calls but in the end we need to play better, defense early was pushed around, offense couldn't finish drives, which equals a lose. Got to play better.

First 3 yes the 4th blown call I agree but it was not conclusive on the replay. I saw a lot of grabbing & pulling on our receivers all day, but all in all we need to play better really!

#3 was confirmed as being the correct call...ticky tack, but technically correct

Have any video evidence of that ball "clearly" touching the ground?  They showed several angles and though the ball is shown loose, I never seen it in contact with the ground.

If you watched the supposed "late hit" you would see that their feet got tangled causing the Miami player to fall and therefor take the Colts player doen with him. No late hit, just legs getting tangled...

The league said we had two guys in motion at the same time on the Reggie call which is why the flag came out. Pagano said on his show tonight that Grigson pointed out to the league that's not what was called on the field and they have sent in video showing that Wayne was the only guy in motion on the play.

Pagano then went into an expiation about how it was several other plays that did them in as to not blame the refs.

Is it a league wide initiative for the refs to let the corners/receivers be more physical? After the Colts game I watched the finale of the Texans/Titans game and there were repeated no-calls by the referees there too.

I also watched the Seattle-San Fran game, and noticed the same thing. Seattle's secondary was mugging the 49er's receivers, but nothing really got called except for the play where the corner threw down the WR. Half the "highlights" they were showing of the DB's were of guys holding down field past 5 yards, not letting go of jerseys, and getting there early.

That's not to mention the other goofy calls in that game. 

The league said we had two guys in motion at the same time on the Reggie call which is why the flag came out. Pagano said on his show tonight that Grigson pointed out to the league that's not what was called on the field and they have sent in video showing that Wayne was the only guy in motion on the play.

Pagano then went into an expiation about how it was several other plays that did them in as to not blame the refs.

Reggie was the only guy in motion....I don't know where they are pulling that nonsense from.

The worst part about the call is what Reggie was flagged for is done multiple times in every game. It's the equivalent of calling palming in the NBA. Why the ref decided to call it is just bizarre.

Reggie was the only guy in motion....I don't know where they are pulling that * from.

The worst part about the call is what Reggie was flagged for is done multiple times in every game. It's the equivalent of calling palming in the NBA. Why the ref decided to call it is just bizarre.

You can go in motion but you must become set again, Reggie didn't!

Consistency is all I want. I think we beat ourselves, shot us in our own foot. If the refs could be on the same page throughout the league, there could be no reason to complain. I wouldn't want their job. Action is so fast in all pro sports especially in the NFL.

Most don't...the vast majority do not get set for a full second or even close and it's never called. Trust me, I looked. Feel free to find a similar call. Mike Pereira is full of it.

!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if those refs don't have a sit down. That illegal shift call was horrible, Reggie does this motion all the time and stops right before the ball is hiked. The refs were trying to say Reggie was still sliding, which cost us a TD and maybe the game.

hi guys i live over in the uk and have suported the Colts for a few years now, i dont understand why Fleeners TD didnt count could someone explain as i still learning some of the rules? whats happened to Ballard i thought he was great last year mostly the TD against the Titans in overtime???

hi guys i live over in the uk and have suported the Colts for a few years now, i dont understand why Fleeners TD didnt count could someone explain as i still learning some of the rules? 

When the offense broke the huddle, Reggie motioned without setting. Basically when you break the huddle, you're supposed to be lined up for at least 1 second before the QB can put you in motion. Reggie never came to a complete stop.

whats happened to Ballard i thought he was great last year mostly the TD against the Titans in overtime???

He tore his ACL in practice a few days ago. He's out for the season.

so we have Bradshaw, Brown thats it?? thanks for explaining the other part i was realy confused, are the Jags a big rival of the Colts?

Bradshaw, Brown and rookie Kerwynn Williams who we took in the 7th round this year. Don't be surprised if we trade for a RB or try to pick up a veteran via free agency. 

As for the Jags, they're really bad, but they always seem to play us tough even when it seems like they have no chance. I wouldn't consider them a big rival, but I rarely ever chalk up either of the Jags games as sure wins.

Bradshaw, Brown and rookie Kerwynn Williams who we took in the 7th round this year. Don't be surprised if we trade for a RB or try to pick up a veteran via free agency. 

As for the Jags, they're really bad, but they always seem to play us tough even when it seems like they have no chance. I wouldn't consider them a big rival, but I rarely ever chalk up either of the Jags games as sure wins.

the Jag owener has taken over my football club lool and i know someone last year when i watched the game said something about a rivalry but i didnt know how big it was, was thinking of going to the game with my Colt jersey but dont want my season ticket taken away lol is Williams any good??? the only draft pick i actuly saw was werner i think its spelt

the Jag owener has taken over my football club lool and i know someone last year when i watched the game said something about a rivalry but i didnt know how big it was, was thinking of going to the game with my Colt jersey but dont want my season ticket taken away lol is Williams any good??? the only draft pick i actuly saw was werner i think its spelt

lol Williams looked decent in pre-season, but he's probably nothing more than a career #3 RB. He main job is KR so far and he's decent at it. 

haha it's fine 

KR: Kick Returner

you know what i was just thinking to myself what it could be then i actuly thought that but wish i had realised sooner now, bet your thinking typical British lool is he doing what TY was doing last year right if i correct?? so he returns the kickoff and punts or just kick off??

you know what i was just thinking to myself what it could be then i actuly thought that but wish i had realised sooner now, bet your thinking typical British lool is he doing what TY was doing last year right if i correct?? so he returns the kickoff and punts or just kick off??

Williams does kick return and TY does punt return. I don't think Williams has enough acceleration to be a punt returner.