Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 Prediction Contest Smack Talk Thread

T Y Goodbye

OK everyone, last year we had a dedicated thread for comments, smack talk (within reason and Forum rules), etc for the pick'em contest Andy runs on the boards. We had a lot of fun with this last year, so if one of the mods could pin this right under Andy's prediction post, it would be appreciated.

So I guess I'll start it out be saying good luck to all playing, and trying to take my title from me...you're gonna need it... :D

• Like 1

I don't think anyone chose the Jets to win. That team often messes up my weekly picks because I never know when they're going to win. Which side of the Jets is going to show up each week?

I did pick Dallas to win. I figured that it was about time they beat the Giants at home.

I don't think anyone chose the Jets to win. That team often messes up my weekly picks because I never know when they're going to win. Which side of the Jets is going to show up each week?

I did pick Dallas to win. I figured that it was about time they beat the Giants at home.

I  did    haha   it was one of the Upsets I picked.   It's one of the few I got correct.   I had a lousy week.. 

• Like 1

I've been away from the forums the past few days, so I was surprised to see that I am leading in Coltman51's group.  :thmup:  :applause:  :banana:  

Anyhow, I'm here to brag while I can because I'm sure it's only a matter of time before that sly, cunning CF4L bumps me off my throne. :drama:

• Like 1

Now you've done it shecolt..done make me fell guilty about winning last year, and now trailing behind and saying that its a matter of time until I surpass such a beautiful lady, inside and out, as you. Even though its true, it still makes me feel guilty to beat you, susieQ, and Gramz...I mean, in any other area, how can I beat such beauty, grace, and style as you 3...but...

*sings* I'm gonna win...nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.... :yay:

Glad to have you back..we missed you.. :)

• Like 1

I'm out in my survival league.. hahahaha

I did exactly the same thing - picked against the Jets and then forgot to pick altogether. This five days after neglecting to pick 5 games in Coltman's pool. What an :cuss:

I was looking forward to the survival pool as well. Some people I worked with used to do it every year and it sounded cool, but I didn't feel like putting up the money. So here I get a chance to play for fun, and I shoot myself in the foot. :tvhammer: :Gaah:

I did exactly the same thing - picked against the Jets and then forgot to pick altogether. This five days after neglecting to pick 5 games in Coltman's pool. What an :cuss:

I was looking forward to the survival pool as well. Some people I worked with used to do it every year and it sounded cool, but I didn't feel like putting up the money. So here I get a chance to play for fun, and I shoot myself in the foot. :tvhammer: :Gaah:

In the survival pool..he made it 2 losses and you're out..so you still have a chance!

In the survival pool..he made it 2 losses and you're out..so you still have a chance!

Alas that ship has sailed. Look at my post again. And Allyouneedisluck did EXACTLY the same thing - picked Tampa like me and then forgot to pick this week. It's that dang Thursday cutoff.

Actually the survival pools appear to have the option of a Sunday cutoff - which in my opinion makes more sense. Why punish someone for missing a start time? They didn't derive a benefit by waiting, they just missed the chance to pick those teams. The "five minutes before game time" cutoff in the pickem pool makes the most sense (unless you are used to a 1pm cutoff like me, which is why I was in for a surprise last week when I tried locking in my picks at 12:56).

It's OK. The nice thing about Yahoo is it's freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I made a new pool just for my own amusement - three strikes and a Sunday cutoff starting this week. Frankly the things about survival pools that have had me intrigued have little to do with competition - it's a puzzle that I want to try and solve, so I'll still get a kick out of it.

• Like 1

Alas that ship has sailed. Look at my post again. And Allyouneedisluck did EXACTLY the same thing - picked Tampa like me and then forgot to pick this week. It's that dang Thursday cutoff.

Actually the survival pools appear to have the option of a Sunday cutoff - which in my opinion makes more sense. Why punish someone for missing a start time? They didn't derive a benefit by waiting, they just missed the chance to pick those teams. The "five minutes before game time" cutoff in the pickem pool makes the most sense (unless you are used to a 1pm cutoff like me, which is why I was in for a surprise last week when I tried locking in my picks at 12:56).

It's OK. The nice thing about Yahoo is it's freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I made a new pool just for my own amusement - three strikes and a Sunday cutoff starting this week. Frankly the things about survival pools that have had me intrigued have little to do with competition - it's a puzzle that I want to try and solve, so I'll still get a kick out of it.

Sorry, i did mis-read it...I have never gotten past week 6...never for money..but it just seems like i have the worst luck when it comes to things like that...picking only one game..that's why I don't bet anymore..except for like loser buys lunch or a soda or something like that...

hope you do better in your new league..

Sorry, i did mis-read it...I have never gotten past week 6...never for money..but it just seems like i have the worst luck when it comes to things like that...picking only one game..that's why I don't bet anymore..except for like loser buys lunch or a soda or something like that...

hope you do better in your new league..

Watch, I'll forget to enter this one too. : haha: By the way, Yahoo has those convenient email reminders, but I didn't want to give them my real address so the messages were sent to the new Yahoo address. For some reason I couldn't get my email program to recognize it, so the only way to retrieve them is to log in to Yahoo.

If I remember to login to Yahoo, I've probably also remembered to enter the pool - rendering the reminders considerably less than useless.

• Like 1

Watch, I'll forget to enter this one too. : haha: By the way, Yahoo has those convenient email reminders, but I didn't want to give them my real address so the messages were sent to the new Yahoo address. For some reason I couldn't get my email program to recognize it, so the only way to retrieve them is to log in to Yahoo.

If I remember to login to Yahoo, I've probably also remembered to enter the pool - rendering the reminders considerably less than useless.

You're batting 1.000 this week in the yahoo weekly pick 'em challenge. Great job buddy! :thmup:

• Like 2

You're batting 1.000 this week in the yahoo weekly pick 'em challenge. Great job buddy! :thmup:

Congrats to MAC on a perfect week in Coltman51's pickem contest

Isn't that nuts! :banana: I was comfortable with my upset picks, but all those comebacks and tight games falling exactly right was just ridiculous. Perhaps I should retire from the pool, because there's only one way to go. :P

Buying a Powerball ticket today :) and looking both ways very carefully before crossing the street . Lady Luck can be even less predictable than a football pool.

• Like 4

I hate the fact that I picked the Eagles tonight. I figured they would have the edge at home (in prime time) with their new offense this early in the season, but that means rooting for Vick. :barf: Why I did that to myself I have no idea.

I'm glad the Chiefs are up at the half, and look forward to getting this game completely wrong.

I hate the fact that I picked the Eagles tonight. I figured they would have the edge at home (in prime time) with their new offense this early in the season, but that means rooting for Vick. :barf: Why I did that to myself I have no idea.

I'm glad the Chiefs are up at the half, and look forward to getting this game completely wrong.

I had originally picked the Eagles for the same reason that they might have the edge being at home, then changed my pick at the last minute tonight.   So what I'm saying is....  don't give up hope that you got this pick wrong..  haha  I never get them right  :lol:

I had originally picked the Eagles for the same reason that they might have the edge being at home, then changed my pick at the last minute tonight.   So what I'm saying is....  don't give up hope that you got this pick wrong..   haha  I never get them right 

But if you never get them right, then I will, but that would be wrong. :scratch: 

I almost changed it at the last minute as well. One could say that I can't lose with this pick - either I get it right in the pool or I get the satisfaction of Vick losing. :gym:  I'm more inclined to think that I lose either way. Either the  :sick:  Eagles win, or the Chiefs keep the lead in the NFC West. :Gaah:

Already started with a loss...I think the Coltman put a hex on me with one of those voodoo dolls he picked up in New Orleans by some witch doctor lady..I can't seem to get anything right this year...

Guess i gotta find a cure for Bad Juju..maybe TK's special apple juice would work..

But if you never get them right, then I will, but that would be wrong. :scratch:

I almost changed it at the last minute as well. One could say that I can't lose with this pick - either I get it right in the pool or I get the satisfaction of Vick losing. :gym:  I'm more inclined to think that I lose either way. Either the  :sick:  Eagles win, or the Chiefs keep the lead in the NFC West. :Gaah:

I believe that is AFC West..??    No Fear, Denver will  keep the tie  ;)

I do football picks on yahoo and at first picked the Eagles because they played at home. Changed my pick at the last minute to Kansas City. I like that team and hope they continue to do well. I don't much care for the Eagles. Now I'm glad that I changed over. Got it correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Coltman...starting to get interesting my friend....Since I believe I think we are tied again..(didn't really look that hard at the totals)..its time we can start our little "family feud" again...Now..its time to catch that shecolt...I really do I hope I win it all, but my main focus is on you my friend..the two old men battling it out for bragging rights, and another year of "HA HA" told ya so's..LOL..Maybe its time I send you another crying towel a bit prematurely :Wooo:

Now its getting fun again..WOOHOOO

Now Brent is hanging close as well....But he needs to make his picks, then go against every pick he makes, because of his perennial jinx on teams he roots or bets for..

Good luck this upcoming week..though I'm sure its going to be another good one...some pretty tough picks this week..

• 2 weeks later...

Please direct yourselves to the other Prediction Contest page to see the latest rankings and the excel spreadsheets. 

If you have any questions, comments or believe there are any MISTAKES, please let me know. For mistakes, tell me the error and what week it occurred in and I'll review and most likely change it.