Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LACY looks like a beast in preseason thus far as does Bernard...(Told ya)

jshipp23

I was criticized heavily for wanting these guys in the draft and I have been proven right thus far in preseason....I can only imagine our offense with Lacy back there....The running game wouldn't be an issue at all and we would be unstoppable on offense...I really hope Werner turns out well, I've seen glimpses he can be very good, but I know Lacy would have made our offense the scariest in the league...Just saying

I was criticized heavily for wanting these guys in the draft and I have been proven right thus far in preseason....I can only imagine our offense with Lacy back there....The running game wouldn't be an issue at all and we would be unstoppable on offense...I really hope Werner turns out well, I've seen glimpses he can be very good, but I know Lacy would have made our offense the scariest in the league...Just saying

You think the single addition of Eddie Lacy would make our offence the "scariest in the league" and that we would become "unstoppable"?

What planet are you on? 

a pass rusher was a much bigger need than rb. also, two preseason games doesn't get you in the hall.

Lacy would be good but i don't think the problem is in the running backs. Bradshaw is one of the best in the league. Ballard has the potential to be a great work horse back. And Brown will always be good as a change of pace back. The problem is the O line. It has improved but it still doesn't know how to run block. Plus when i have been watching we have been running the ball straight up the middle rather than to the outside but our interior lineman at the minute are terrible. It will be better later on in the season though.

I was with you on Bernard, but said the Bengals would get him....HMMMM....how did that work out?  :)

We were not going to draft Lacy for any reason this year unless he would have fallen (was not likely as we know)

I am in no way convinced rookie Lacy > Bradshaw/Ballard/Brown.  It is simply a no brainer with Super Bowls and the leadership that a Bradshaw brings.

Without question Aaron Rogers makes Lacy better, but can Lacy provide any leadership to Rodgers?  Bradshaw can for Luck...even though Luck is 'wise' beyond his years.  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet: !!!!!!!

So you threw out piles and piles of senselessness, but can now point to a couple things as possibly residing somewhere near something that resembles reality in a vague way...and you want what in response? A parade?

'just saying'  very, very prematurely..

hold on.....Lacy should be good but he hasnt played a game yet

check back with us after they play the Bears

So you threw out piles and piles of senselessness, but can now point to a couple things as possibly residing somewhere near something that resembles reality in a vague way...and you want what in response? A parade?

if you throw enough..... stuff at a wall, some of it is bound to stick

Oh boy!    Look who is back!     And it's nice to see that he doesn't even remember his own arguments!

Your argument was that the Colts should draft Lacy or Bernard in the FIRST ROUND!!     No team, including the Packers (where Lacy went)  or the Bengals (where Bernard went)  selected him in the FIRST ROUND!!     (Hello?!?)

No one here argued they weren't very good.    The question was where should they be drafted?    And since the Colts didn't have a 2nd round pick,  it was either the first or the 3rd round for Indy,   or trade into the 2nd.

Both have looked good,   but it's early.    They haven't looked first round good.    There's no need for (Told ya!)  because they haven't done anything yet. 

Welcome back.....  nice to see somethings haven't changed......      :facepalm:

I was with you on Bernard, but said the Bengals would get him....HMMMM....how did that work out?   :)

We were not going to draft Lacy for any reason this year unless he would have fallen (was not likely as we know)

I am in no way convinced rookie Lacy > Bradshaw/Ballard/Brown.  It is simply a no brainer with Super Bowls and the leadership that a Bradshaw brings.

Without question Aaron Rogers makes Lacy better, but can Lacy provide any leadership to Rodgers?  Bradshaw can for Luck...even though Luck is 'wise' beyond his years.  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet: !!!!!!!

First off Brent, my brother, glad to see you are feeling better!

While I agree that no back should have been taken in the first round, and that our 3 B combo of RB's Bradshaw, Ballard and Brown will improve the run game over last year, your statement that I highlighted should be altered a bit my friend. You went in two different directions in that statement, which really don't apply to each other. It is true that Rodgers makes any back look better, and that a rookie RB is not going to provide any leadership to one of if not the best QB's in the game right now. What Lacy is going to provide for Rodgers is the same thing that Bradshaw is going to do for Luck...and that is take pressure off him,and keep him from getting constantly harassed and hit as much. Green Bay and the Colts have one thing in common..They are not that great on the O-LIne. If Lacy can be that workhorse back, that Green Bay hasn't really had for years, it will most definitely save Rodgers hits, and could possibly make him even a more deadly QB. Then again, with the loss of Jennings, and the injury bug to both Nelson and Cobb, that's not going to help out Green Bay as much. If Lacy can get 20-25 carries a game, and put 80-100 plus a game on the ground..Green Bay is going to be in good shape. 

Now, back to the topic..From all indications, Lacy is proving in pre-season he is a talented beast of a back. But he wouldn't make the Colts by himself the scariest offense in the league. The only thing that can make an offense the scariest in the league, is having 5 great offensive linemen, that can both pass and run block. An offensive line Like Denver's a few years back, where they could throw in any RB you never heard of and make them into 1,00 yard rushers.Give us that, and the Colts would most assuredly be the scariest offense in the league.

First off Brent, my brother, glad to see you are feeling better!

While I agree that no back should have been taken in the first round, and that our 3 B combo of RB's Bradshaw, Ballard and Brown will improve the run game over last year, your statement that I highlighted should be altered a bit my friend. You went in two different directions in that statement, which really don't apply to each other. It is true that Rodgers makes any back look better, and that a rookie RB is not going to provide any leadership to one of if not the best QB's in the game right now. What Lacy is going to provide for Rodgers is the same thing that Bradshaw is going to do for Luck...and that is take pressure off him,and keep him from getting constantly harassed and hit as much. Green Bay and the Colts have one thing in common..They are not that great on the O-LIne. If Lacy can be that workhorse back, that Green Bay hasn't really had for years, it will most definitely save Rodgers hits, and could possibly make him even a more deadly QB. Then again, with the loss of Jennings, and the injury bug to both Nelson and Cobb, that's not going to help out Green Bay as much. If Lacy can get 20-25 carries a game, and put 80-100 plus a game on the ground..Green Bay is going to be in good shape. 

Now, back to the topic..From all indications, Lacy is proving in pre-season he is a talented beast of a back. But he wouldn't make the Colts by himself the scariest offense in the league. The only thing that can make an offense the scariest in the league, is having 5 great offensive linemen, that can both pass and run block. An offensive line Like Denver's a few years back, where they could throw in any RB you never heard of and make them into 1,00 yard rushers.Give us that, and the Colts would most assuredly be the scariest offense in the league.

I was speaking of leadership, and wrote "make him better."  Essentially I wrote it wrong even though Rodgers without question "makes Lacy better."

Bradshaw provides a lot more leadership to a football team than we will ever know.  That was my main point.  We hear all  of the adages about "coach on the field" etc.  Bradshaw provides 'winning veteran presence with a tude.'  

I agree with almost all of what you said...I wrote a word or two wrong for what I was trying to discuss:  Leadership.

Good day at home....bed is a little nicer than the hospital....and the pillows :)  Thanks CF4L :) 

Lacy wasn't a 1st round pick. Lacy wasn't even named the starting RB till DuJuan Harris was put on IR. I think the Packers o-line is pretty close to ours in the fact it's a work in progress. Rogers had just about as many sacks and hits as Luck did last season. The Packers don't have the o-linemen to be good at run blocking. So Lacy will have decent stats and maybe a highlight or two but he wont dominate without the personnel to do it. Even as great as AP is he was close to being average last season without his fullback Jerome Felton. ( Who by they was cut by the Colts in 2011) who went on to the pro bowl last season. I guess my point is one RB will not suddenly turn the Colts into the scariest offense in the NFL as you stated. 

LOL.

Hold on, he's not that bad. Maybe not an AP type player but definitely a top 10 running back who can get 1000 yards rushing, can catch the ball well for a RB and has better blocking than some o-lineman. All of that in the prime of his career provided he can stay healthy which i believe he can do.

I was speaking of leadership, and wrote "make him better."  Essentially I wrote it wrong even though Rodgers without question "makes Lacy better."

Bradshaw provides a lot more leadership to a football team than we will ever know.  That was my main point.  We hear all  of the adages about "coach on the field" etc.  Bradshaw provides 'winning veteran presence with a tude.'  

I agree with almost all of what you said...I wrote a word or two wrong for what I was trying to discuss:  Leadership.

Good day at home....bed is a little nicer than the hospital....and the pillows :)  Thanks CF4L :)

Glad to hear you're more comfortable..just take it easy, get some rest. Maybe have the wifey make you some good old fashioned homemade chicken noodle or chicken rice soup. That ought to perk up your spirits!.

I wasn't trying to bust your chops on my reply..I was confused as to what point you were trying to get across with leadership..and you are exactly right..I just think that Lacy, barring injury is going to turn out to be a very good back. He kinda reminds me of the old Steelers running back Barry Foster. Bad thing with big backs like that is that they tend to not have long careers...I hate seeing careers shortened by injury, no matter who it might be..

Why is your avatar a picture of Eminem with spaghetti sauce on his chin? 

Eddie Lacy looks good. But as I said then, I'll say again now, I don't think we should ever draft a running back in the first round, unless he's Adrian Peterson. And Eddie Lacy is no Adrian Peterson. 

But it's nice to see that Skip Bayless Jr. is back, and just in time for the season.

Not sure what's so funny about that when he's correct.

Bradshaw is an above average runner, one of the best receiving backs in the league, and the best PB RB in the league. He's definitely top 10.

er ist ein Detroit Pistons -Fan. Ich bin mir nicht wirklich sicher, ob er weiß, was er redet . Ich denke Bradshaw ist ein Tier und kann es kaum erwarten, ihn in Aktion zu sehen. Er wird auf jeden Fall auf die Monster beitragen ! Gehe Pferd !

er ist ein Detroit Pistons -Fan. Ich bin mir nicht wirklich sicher, ob er weiß, was er redet . Ich denke Bradshaw ist ein Tier und kann es kaum erwarten, ihn in Aktion zu sehen. Er wird auf jeden Fall auf die Monster beitragen ! Gehe Pferd !

Ich stimme zu. lol

I agree.

He is an animal, and the monster got better with his arrival.

Not sure what's so funny about that when he's correct.

Bradshaw is an above average runner, one of the best receiving backs in the league, and the best PB RB in the league. He's definitely top 10. 

Calling Ahmad Bradshaw a top 10 RB is completely asinine... 

Theres a reason he sat waiting for his phone to ring for nearly 4 months after his release before the Colts made him an offer...

But for the fun of it, I can name more than 10 running backs who are clearly superior to Ahmad Bradshaw...

Adrian Peterson

Ray Rice

Arian Foster

LeSean McCoy

Jamaal Charles

Alfred Morris

Marshawn Lynch

Doug Martin

Matt Forte

Chris Johnson

CJ Spiller

Maurice Jones Drew

Frank Gore

Steven Jackson

Then you have the next tier of guys who many people would say are better than Bradshaw:

Darren McFadden

Trent Richardson

Reggie Bush

Stevan Ridley

DeMarco Murray 

It seems like a lot of people on this forum are just not realistic. I completely understand most people are homers, and rightfully so... but c'mon man... Ahmad Bradshaw top 10? On what planet?

Calling Ahmad Bradshaw a top 10 RB is completely asinine... 

Theres a reason he sat waiting for his phone to ring for nearly 4 months after his release before the Colts made him an offer...

But for the fun of it, I can name more than 10 running backs who are clearly superior to Ahmad Bradshaw...

Adrian Peterson

Ray Rice

Arian Foster

LeSean McCoy

Jamaal Charles

Alfred Morris

Marshawn Lynch

Doug Martin

Matt Forte

Chris Johnson

CJ Spiller

Maurice Jones Drew

Frank Gore

Steven Jackson

Then you have the next tier of guys who many people would say are better than Bradshaw:

Darren McFadden

Trent Richardson

Reggie Bush

Stevan Ridley

DeMarco Murray 

It seems like a lot of people on this forum are just not realistic. I completely understand most people are homers, and rightfully so... but c'mon man... Ahmad Bradshaw top 10? On what planet?

i wouldnt say alot of them are superior to him his career average is actually better than some of them so dont think you can say that

Yes but I don't think it because they don't like them,I would've loved to had Lacy,but we had much bigger needs.Think hes a good one kinda reminds me of Earl Campbell

Let me clarify....We already are 1 of the scariest offenses as you guys will see as the season progresses, but I think a monster like Lacy would've been a nice final piece..I like our run game with Ballard, Bradshaw, and Brown 3rd string, but Lacy is a speciman, and after seeing him play against top tier NFL players I have no doubt what he will be barring injury...

Let me clarify....We already are 1 of the scariest offenses as you guys will see as the season progresses, but I think a monster like Lacy would've been a nice final piece..I like our run game with Ballard, Bradshaw, and Brown 3rd string, but Lacy is a speciman, and after seeing him play against top tier NFL players I have no doubt what he will be barring injury...

he has not been impressive in the preseason

I wrote a few long-winded posts about why we should draft Lacy too, and was also bashed for it. Looks like we are the ones laughing now.