Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Weddle resigns with Chargers (merged)

bayone

Antoine Bethea gets paid about 7 mil a year and I don't think Eric Weddle is Bethea good. I'd take Bullitt at 2-4 a year over Weddle for 7 a year. If Weddle's willing to drop that 7 to something around 5? Might be a different story.

With the recent news that Eric Weddle has been re-signed by the San Diego Chargers, and is now the highest paid safety in NFL history, there is growing concern in Colts nation regarding the strong safety position. Weddle’s signing comes on the heals of Quintin Mikell’s $7 million per year contract on Tuesday,

leaving Donte Whitner and Dawan Landry as the top veteran free agents still on the market.

Melvin Bullitt, he too is receiving interest from the Rams and Cardinals — though local radio host JMV indicates that his chances to remain with the Colts are good.

Until then, Lefeged should help alleviate some concerns. He may have gone undrafted (as did Bullitt) but he was widely considered amongst the very best college safeties to enter the NFL this season

My link

im good with that as long as none of our afc south teasm sign him

yeah now instead of seein him twice a year in the regular season well get 2 see him in the playoffs w the chargers again

im still holdin out hope the colts throw a crazy offer 2 the ravens for zbikowski (rfa) to get some smack back in our secondary!

Yeah, keep him for that much money. More than Polamalu and Ed Reed? Weddle is a fine player, but he's not *that* good.

Wonder what that means for Bob...

Bob's already agreed to terms, just can't sign until Friday I think. I don't remember the terms, but it was considered to be a good deal with a lot of upside for the Chargers.

That's a lot of money to be paying one safety. Unless you have a safety like Polamalu or Reed, I don't think they should be getting that much. He shouldn't be the highest paid safety in the NFL.

Well, he's not. Eric Berry is. By a good amount, too.

Wait, the Chargers signed Eric Weddle? So they paid good money for two safeties? Does this mean him and Sanders will see play on the same field, or does that mean they'll get rotated?

lol they didn't pay good money for bob

anyway, it was either sign weddle, or watch someone else sign him

sometimes you have to keep your own players...but you guys know that already

Wait, the Chargers signed Eric Weddle? So they paid good money for two safeties? Does this mean him and Sanders will see play on the same field, or does that mean they'll get rotated?

lol they didn't pay good money for bob

anyway, it was either sign weddle, or watch someone else sign him

sometimes you have to keep your own players...but you guys know that already