Photo

Curtis Painter plays for the Giants now?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 ReMeDy

ReMeDy
  • 2000 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:44 AM

Huge surprise when I saw him step on the field. I guess Jim Caldwell got sick of him on the Ravens?

Anyways, Painter went 5/11, but at least he didn't throw an INT. I'll be anxious to see him next week.

Posted Image

Charles "Chuck" Pagano ~ Master Defensive Tactician.

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 ruksak

ruksak

~ I STINK ~

• 7291 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:07 AM

I didn't get to see. Here in Indy, Comcast displayed on the guide that they we're supposed to show the Giants vs Steelers game. But instead they just re-ran the Ravens game for the third time. 

#3 crazycolt1

crazycolt1
  • 1980 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

I didn't get to see. Here in Indy, Comcast displayed on the guide that they we're supposed to show the Giants vs Steelers game. But instead they just re-ran the Ravens game for the third time. 

AT&T U-verse showed the Giant-Steeler game here in Indy on the NFL channel.

#4 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12005 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

Glad I was not home.....Comcast does some really stupid things.  I would have loved to watch that game ruk.

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#5 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

Huge surprise when I saw him step on the field. I guess Jim Caldwell got sick of him on the Ravens?

Anyways, Painter went 5/11, but at least he didn't throw an INT. I'll be anxious to see him next week.

stunned , why would u want him  ?

Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#6 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12005 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

stunned , why would u want him  ?

I have some rafters that need painted :)

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#7 ruksak

ruksak

~ I STINK ~

• 7291 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

AT&T U-verse showed the Giant-Steeler game here in Indy on the NFL channel.

Now I'm getting mad.....lol

I waited for a few hours to watch me some live football and I got ripped off. Checked all channels, none were listed as showing the Giants/Steelers game other than NFLN. 

I get tired of the politics of airing NFL games sometimes. 

#8 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13923 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

From backing up one Manning to backing up another.  Maybe the Giants are concerned about the future of their team and will use Painter to help them get a high draft pick to get a good QB

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#9 chad72

chad72
  • 8892 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

From backing up one Manning to backing up another.  Maybe the Giants are concerned about the future of their team and will use Painter to help them get a high draft pick to get a good QB

The next time Eli Manning gets plantar fascitis, Painter will give them a top pick and they will add Clowney to that mix of pass rushers. :)

#10 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 13773 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

Did he play before Nassib?

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#11 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13923 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

The next time Eli Manning gets plantar fascitis, Painter will give them a top pick and they will add Clowney to that mix of pass rushers. :)

That would be scary, Clowney on one side and JPP on the other.  NFC East offensive tackles and QBs would lose sleep

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#12 ReMeDy

ReMeDy
  • 2000 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

What's ironic is Jim Sorgi once did the exact same thing. Went from backing up Peyton, to backing up Eli.

Posted Image

Charles "Chuck" Pagano ~ Master Defensive Tactician.

#13 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13135 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

So Curtis Painter wants to be the next Jim Sorgi?  Sorry Curtis you picked the wrong Colts QB career to follow...

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#14 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7681 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

The sad truth when you realize Curtis painter has more super bowl rings then Andrew luck

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 Fx Stryker

Fx Stryker
  • 5523 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

The sad truth when you realize Curtis painter has more super bowl rings then Andrew luck

He was cut by the Ravens before the 2012 season.

#16 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13135 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

He didn't make it out of camp last year for the Ravens and he wasn't on the 2006 Colts Super Bowl team.  He was on the 2009 team that went to the Super Bowl though as we all remember. 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#17 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7681 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

He was cut by the Ravens before the 2012 season.

He was resigned once Caldwell took over as OC wasn't he

#18 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13135 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

He was resigned once Caldwell took over as OC wasn't he

Not that I could find, the only stuff I saw talked about them signing him that off-season and an article from November saying they signed Dixon to the practice squad and it mentioned that painted had been signed during the off-season but was later released during the final cuts. 

#19 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 7681 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

Not that I could find, the only stuff I saw talked about them signing him that off-season and an article from November saying they signed Dixon to the practice squad and it mentioned that painted had been signed during the off-season but was later released during the final cuts.

Well then im wrong

#20 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13135 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

Well then im wrong

thats okay it's probably better for all of us that we don't live in a world where painter has more rings than anyone.

#21 southwest1

southwest1
  • 12766 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

All SW1 can say is this: Curtis Painter must have 1 hades of an agent. Clearly, that agent must have a golden, hypnotic tongue & his percentage needs to triple ASAP...

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#22 southwest1

southwest1
  • 12766 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

Really? Not 1 pick? Come on now....Turning the ball over is Painter's stock & trade...It's what he majestically & triumphantly excels at ReMeDy.  haha

Sorry, but my mind just can't comprehend that "Miracle On 34th Street" at all.

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#23 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4096 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

I have some rafters that need painted :)

Hahahahahhaha 

He would get intercepted putting the brush in his gallon of paint.

#24 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12005 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hahahahahhaha 

He would get intercepted putting the brush in his gallon of paint.

But his long golden locks would be Colts blue!!!

The way Harnish was 'skipping' the football yesterday....looked a lot like Painter.....I know....OUCH!

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#25 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3317 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

I'm going to ask him to sign my Luck Jersey next weekend, I mean if it weren't for him we wouldn't have him right?

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#26 King Colt

King Colt

Colt fan for 53 yrs. now!

• 1023 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

.With a few exceptions backup QB are a pretty sorry lot. The difference between the No.1 an 2 are huge. This is easy to see in preseason. But how do you pay a player to sit all season? The Colts are lucky to have a descent back up his year. Remember Jim Sorgi, he may hold the record fo te most years with out ever playing, nice work if you can get it. What if Tom Brady would have sat for all those years?
"Build The Monster, Then Turn It Loose"

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Jul
    T Y Goodbye

I hate the media. The headline is Oregon QB Marcus Mariota only taking 2 classes..Golf and Yoga. What they left out is that he already graduated in 3 years, with over a 3.0 GPA in General Science, and STILL has 2 years of eligibility left.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates