Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official Training Camp thread (mega merge)

ell_chrisso

@andrewmishler: Werner has exclusively played on the left side so far. Mathis moves to the right when he does. Mathis plays on left, Walden right otherwise.

Mathis is the man.  Freeney took a lot fo attention from him but once we switched to the 3-4 Mathis shined and Freeney faded.  Now Walden plays right, Werner plays left, and Mathis plays both... he is a true LB and team player

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The left side is the rush LB side right? If so, I was right about my prediction/what Id do for Werner

It's good they're letting him put his hand in the dirt. Give him what he's use to.

Well, it depends on how you're looking at it.  The "Rush" player, whether it's the DE or OLB is typically on the right side of the defense.  The Right End and Right Outside Linebacker are generally the rush player.  (Also known as the weak side)  On offense, however, that is the left side. 

Before somebody like Brad Wells blows this up, it is thought to be just a blister.

@TribStarTJames: Allen, by the way, left practice and had some treatment in the trainers tent. The injury didnt look to be serious. Thought to be a blister.

Good thing you note that up front.   Brad Wells would have turned this into some kind of Bill Polian mistake even though he was gone before he was drafted.  Or how Grigson only picks injury plagued guys.

Okay, I'm fine with Luck throwing 34 times since it was passing drills. Hopefully we can keep it in that range when the real games start. No more 40+ attempts week in & week out.

Come on running game, I'm counting on you to vastly improve this year :thmup:

I'm watching sportscenter on ESPN a interview with 12 coming up in a couple of minutes from Colts camp .

The second one of the day that I recall. Hope they have a update as to blisters or broken nails :woah:

Coming right after this commercial

Daniel Adongo staying late to work on his game. Can say he is determined and hard worker.

@ryandaryk: Newcomer and ex rugby player Daniel Adongo starting later after practice working on his new football skills. http://t.co/Gro4vtWJUP

Coming right after this commercial the updates are appreciated ..

Thank You for that I'm watching U.S.A vs  Panama   Gold Cup  nil - nil  right now & flipping back & forth .

I didn't get a good seat, people were walking back and forth in front of me all day, Reggie made some nice catches though, On a side note I did get Bjoern Werners autograph, working on getting some pictures printed out, Ill try to post a few up as soon as possible

While checking out DHB on youtube  I watched him against the Texans & Patriots & he looked pretty good with Jason Campbell throwing him the pigskin . 

I watch a video of him as a terp & its easy to see why Al Davis liked him he reminds me of the speedsters of Raiders past .

Watching these highlights for the first time I thought there might be others who may not have seen it  so for those folks here it is , I watched the video with a ever bigger smile realizing all the weapons at 12's disposal with an improved O-line & running game this year will be amazing .

And best of all after all the years of waiting for a defense that can stop the run  I believe Ryan Grigson  unlike Bill Polian , has . Both sides of the ball have the capability to be really good  Not just the offense  Our defense looked really good when we won the SB & Will have to look every bit as good for our future success the addition of new players & new OC this off season  has me fired up  I see good things coming  . :thmup:   Starting with the taking of the AFC South . 

DHB  the Beast . :blueshoe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCeOGtVq7zo   

WOW... I haven't posted in awhile, but I had to after watching practice today. Here are my notes....

1. Our secondary will be special. Davis challenged Reggie every drill as he is working to be great. Toler is long and athletic and is right there on every pass. Butler is a beast in the nickel. Vaughn must have worked with Champ Bailey all summer because he is a different man. He looked great in one on one coverage.

2. DHB is a big and fast. He won some battles with our db's strictly because of his strength and size.

3. Whalen is a baller. He is Austin Collie without the injuries hopefully. There is no way he does not make the team if he finishes camp healthy. He catches EVERYTHING!

4. Fleenor looked like he did at Stanford. He was lined up wide ALOT!!! He caught all but one ball today and looked good doing it.

5. D. Carter will be cut! He was the only back to fumble and dropped a screen pass that a toddler would have caught. He is pressing and it showed. We can't keep a fumbler over Brown.

While checking out DHB on youtube  I watched him against the Texans & Patriots & he looked pretty good with Jason Campbell throwing him the pigskin . 

I watch a video of him as a terp & its easy to see why Al Davis liked him he reminds me of the speedsters of Raiders past .

Watching these highlights for the first time I thought there might be others who may not have seen it  so for those folks here it is , I watched the video with a ever bigger smile realizing all the weapons at 12's disposal with an improved O-line & running game this year will be amazing .

And best of all after all the years of waiting for a defense that can stop the run  I believe Ryan Grigson  unlike Bill Polian , has . Both sides of the ball have the capability to be really good  Not just the offense  Our defense looked really good when we won the SB & Will have to look every bit as good for our future success the addition of new players & new OC this off season  has me fired up  I see good things coming  . :thmup:   Starting with the taking of the AFC South . 

DHB  the Beast . :blueshoe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCeOGtVq7zo   

I know that was a highlight reel and they're not going to show his faults. But some of those catches were impressive.

I'm hoping he makes Jamie Dukes eat crow. IMHO, he's Reggie's successor.

WOW... I haven't posted in awhile, but I had to after watching practice today. Here are my notes....

1. Our secondary will be special. Davis challenged Reggie every drill as he is working to be great. Toler is long and athletic and is right there on every pass. Butler is a beast in the nickel. Vaughn must have worked with Champ Bailey all summer because he is a different man. He looked great in one on one coverage.

2. DHB is a big and fast. He won some battles with our db's strictly because of his strength and size.

3. Whalen is a baller. He is Austin Collie without the injuries hopefully. There is no way he does not make the team if he finishes camp healthy. He catches EVERYTHING!

4. Fleenor looked like he did at Stanford. He was lined up wide ALOT!!! He caught all but one ball today and looked good doing it.

5. D. Carter will be cut! He was the only back to fumble and dropped a screen pass that a toddler would have caught. He is pressing and it showed. We can't keep a fumbler over Brown.

Thanks for your input I personally appreciate your thoughts .. :applause:

nice info

interesting news about Carter