Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots new logo.

Dustin

Okay, SW1 has got to ask why so many teams are changing their logos? What's the point? Personally, I don't care for the new look. Go back to the vintage red & white uniforms like John Dee said. 

The blue Patriot lettering is spaced too far apart to me. Why not feature a Revolutionary soldier firing a musket in some capacity or charging a battlefield with the bayonets pointing out?  

Okay, SW1 has got to ask why so many teams are changing their logos? What's the point? Personally, I don't care for the new look. Go back to the vintage red & white uniforms like John Dee said.

The blue Patriot lettering is spaced too far apart to me. Why not feature a Revolutionary soldier firing a musket in some capacity or charging a battlefield with the bayonets pointing out?

I heard the browns are changing their uniforms next year

So when are the Colts going to change their logo? That horse shoe is so antiquated. How about an actual Colt?

Blasphemy!  That's not antiquated it's called classic.  I hope they never change it.

I like the font better on the Pats logo, but with their team colors it could be made a little more eye-catching.

got to admit when I clicked through I as hoping they had done something about that big chinned guy

but,they only changed the font

I guess it's ok

The Flying Elvis is just weird, it could go. 

The thing is the old logo was by far and away the worst. Even worse than the Cream Sickle Tampa jerseys.  

I heard the browns are changing their uniforms next year

You make an excellent point CR 91. The Cleveland desperately need a team logo on their helmets & a rallying cry fan song. Maybe a vicious, menacing logo might help that lackluster NFL team actually win. Besides, their orange helmets remind me of AZ red clay soil content or Sherbet ice cream. Not exactly tough symbolism there IMHO like part of a retro Tampa Bay Bucs old school creamsicle uniform piece that didn't pass the franchise cutting room, basement design floor or something.

So when are the Colts going to change their logo? That horse shoe is so antiquated. How about an actual Colt?

No, the horseshoe is steady, strong, & timeless...Don't mess with perfection. We already have a Colt mascot called Blue primarily for little kids etc etc .Another Colt would seem redundant to me.

jc091706_colts2_t607.jpg  

Hey amfootball, how bout just a Grey Hoodie surrounded by mist, night, & fog in the distance like a western cowboy outlaw whose eyes you never see until it's too late? 

Then again, it could be misinterpreted as "Jack The Ripper" too not a good public relations message either. See...

jack_b.jpg

Besides, if you are a winning franchise, why tempt fate & alter the consistent mojo anyway? I'm not superstitious, but why mess with good fortune NE? Don't turn the Tequila worm/luck against your organization man. If nothing is broken, leave it alone. No bad curse or voodoo needed thank you very much. 

I also agree 100% with QuizBoy, Broncos & Colts are too identical in equestrian scope. Yes, there are more than 1 NFL bird team, but at least Eagles, Ravens, Cardinals, & Falcons look different from each other in appearance, size, & flight pattens to me. 

Changing team logos smells of desperation to me not stability. The best organizations set treads & lead at the forefront; they never succumb, capitulate, or yield to mainstream, popular trends ever. Classic means there is no reason to alter anything...Be comfortable with who you are & what got you here...A top tier franchise...

Slightly off topic, but SW1 has always liked the logo of the Houston Texas. Very Classy!  :worthy: I don't know it probably has something to do with a May birthday & a Taurus being my zodiac sign too. It fits my temper too, which rarely rears it's ugly head, but like a red flag from a Spanish bullfighter AKA "corrida de toros" you know it when you feel it & see our wrath. Just Kidding! 

In any case, the Texas logo is pretty sweet & sophisticated IMO...Just don't upset the bull in the china shop man...LOL! You didn't expect me to say something nice about the Cowboys did ya?  haha

Houston-Texans-Logo-2-274x292_mini.jpg

Blasphemy!  That's not antiquated it's called classic.  I hope they never change it.

Yeah Coltssouth, "The act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk" pretty much qualifies as an attempt to modify the blue horseshoe. Blasphemy indeed..."Oh the humanity!"  :D

can't believe they didn't use these...

spygate.jpg  t_ATT20459923m_3121134.jpg

As much as I admire NE as a powerhouse franchise, I gotta give SDS 4 thumbs up for the clever anecdote here.  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  LOL genuis SDS...All in innocent fun Foxboro nation...

I'm really surprised that no one has crafted a Spygate Eric Mangini behind bars cartoon or something. This made me chuckle too. SW1 does have a sense of humor & laughing at one's misfortune's tends to make them disappear faster & lose potency over time IMO..."The Patriot Way" revealed? Hmmm...Just kidding! 

071212_patriots_toons_1.300w.jpg

If helmet designs are  trademarked as corporate logos of all 32 franchises & I would suspect that even the Browns have a specific shade of orange, why are fan hats modified so much aren't they considered corporate property of the owner too? But every year, NFL publications list new hats with slight changes to them. I do understand the need to preserve a vintage design for a team's history over the decades though.

http://www.lids.com/NFL/Indianapolis-Colts/Hats

http://www.lids.com/NFL/New-England-Patriots/Hats

It just strikes me as odd that a team tries to establish 1 set standard of recognition & then they mess with the formula for a quick & easy buck I guess...You don't see car engineers go hey we created the top selling design beloved by the masses who bought our car in droves now lets royally bleep up a good thing & forever tarnish this great design shall we? Ha! Ha!