Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Lefeged Arrested...

icf

I think the point being made in that article is that the driver is the only one who got away.

my point is why doesn't everyone pump the brakes until all of the facts are known. I'm glad some in here aren't in the justice system Trying to punish before you really have any details

I can agree with that. I'm sure the team is going to wait until they have some kind of confirmation about what actually happened before they make any decisions. In the meantime, if it is what they're saying it is, it doesn't look good for Lefeged's prospects of staying on the team. And that doesn't have anything to do with the justice system.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't know how much more dangerous a combination you can come up with. Marijuana, a loaded gun (registered or not, legally carried or not), an open container of alcohol, in a moving vehicle. That's a potentially deadly cocktail.

To the bolded, Joe did run, according to reports. It was his gun, being carried illegally, under his seat, so it's not like he didn't know it was there. The open container of alcohol was in the center console, so it's not like he didn't know it was there.

He wasn't driving. No one was hurt. Perhaps the gun laws in DC are a bit draconian. I'm not a moralist who is going to preach against marijuana and alcohol. But this is still really, really poor decision making. And even worse PR for the league, the team, and the player.

alcohols and Guns= bad mix , mj and and guns ? Well I have never heard of someone getting high and going I a killing spree , MJ Dosent have that effect on people at least that I have seen in my life .

Here's one:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2013/06/28/patriots-had-inside-knowledge-murder-charge-before-cutting-aaron-hernandez/E0wOfGxwXz3GsvxGeD45SL/story.html?camp=rss:patriots&dlvrit=834382

"The source reiterated to the Globe late Friday that the Patriots’ brain trust, led by Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick, decided late last week to cut Hernandez if he were to be arrested in connection with the murder in any way. The source said the team’s leaders expected Hernandez to be arrested for obstruction of justice, and were “taken aback” when he was charged with murder later that afternoon."

OK, they weren't "shocked", just "taken aback".  Is that the same?

http://musketfire.com/2013/06/29/new-england-patriots-void-aaron-hernandez-guaranteed-money-no-inside-knowledge-of-arrest/

For Lefedge, I can see both sides of this argument in terms of "release him to send a message" to "No biggie" ....to me it comes down to one thing. Do we have the ability of replacement with an equal or better player , probably not. If the charges remain as they are , In other words if no new information/allegation/charges surface in relationship to the incident. I foresee the league/team issuing some sort of fine and/or suspension.......I know regardless, I will not look at Joe as favorably as I did before. He is young and we all did things that weren't the smartest at that age.........and I am willing to forgive and forget, with time, but for now. I guess disappointed is the word I am grasping at.

The consensus here seems to be that Lefeged is a good ST player who is average to mediocre on defense. There are plenty of players like that to be had.

My vote is for Army officer Josh McNary to become our special teams 'commander!!!'  I wish he was available NOW to see what he has.  Superman mentioned 'gunner' earlier in the thread....:)

One thing about Joe Lefeged, he WAS the Special Teams captain.  Kind of concerned about that, but from my experience some lead by example other than words....Joe did not in any way, shape or form show ANY leadership skills in THIS bone-head example......

If they were just joyriding and cruising....(there was a report that one of them was standing up throught he sun roof)  and there was no evil intent before the stop, the judge will probably let Joe off light. No jail.  Given the crime wave sweeping the NFL, Goddell will ice him for 4-8 games but, as of what's been reported,  Joe actually didnt commit a serious crime

The 'Saturday night riders'  dont seem to have been running from a crime or planning one. The car was weaving and the boys were acting crazy which was why the police stopped them..Joe L didnt run and he wasn't driving.  The gun was under his seat.

He wasnt holding it. 

These are not the the acts of gangsters or criminals..

Just the acts of a non-thinking stupid-heads

Joy riding...HA HA!  

Get my horse out and my 6 shooters....Lets party on the streets of DC....and smoke a little weed....sip on some vodka and juice...(standing up in car means no seatbelt right? stupid right?)  Still laughing...

Driver:  This weed is the best ever....although it burns like Johnson Grass.....(Farm Humor)  Driver giggles uncontrollably and 'munches Doritos' incessantly.  

Passenger:  WOW!  Standing here on South Beach is freaking awesome!(Hmmmm thought we were in DC)

Joe:  Anybody for a run?  Here comes the Po Po.......Annie getcha gun...we aint in Indy any more.

Driver:  Gotta ditch the weed and V   Smoke em if ya got em.....

:sarcasm:  :sarcasm:  :edit:  :flag:  :flag:  :flag:

For Lefedge, I can see both sides of this argument in terms of "release him to send a message" to "No biggie" ....to me it comes down to one thing. Do we have the ability of replacement with an equal or better player , probably not. If the charges remain as they are , In other words if no new information/allegation/charges surface in relationship to the incident. I foresee the league/team issuing some sort of fine and/or suspension.......I know regardless, I will not look at Joe as favorably as I did before. He is young and we all did things that weren't the smartest at that age.........and I am willing to forgive and forget, with time, but for now. I guess disappointed is the word I am grasping at.

Lefeged can be replaced. Just move Dax Swanson to Safety since he's already listed as a Safety on the Colts.com roster even though it should say CB

Lefeged can be replaced. Just move Dax Swanson to Safety since he's already listed as a Safety on the Colts.com roster even though it should say CB

I just hope nobody (No not OUR Nobody :)) starts a Bob Sanders thread Again Again.....Again........Again..... :) :hide:  :peek:  haha  :lol:  :funny:  :spit:

Joy riding...HA HA!  

Get my horse out and my 6 shooters....Lets party on the streets of DC....and smoke a little weed....sip on some vodka and juice...(standing up in car means no seatbelt right? stupid right?)  Still laughing...

Driver:  This weed is the best ever....although it burns like Johnson Grass.....(Farm Humor)  Driver giggles uncontrollably and 'munches Doritos' incessantly.  

Passenger:  WOW!  Standing here on South Beach is freaking awesome!(Hmmmm thought we were in DC)

Joe:  Anybody for a run?  Here comes the Po Po.......Annie getcha gun...we aint in Indy any more.

Driver:  Gotta ditch the weed and V   Smoke em if ya got em.....

:sarcasm:  :sarcasm:  :edit:  :flag:  :flag:  :flag:

It must have been feeling like cowboys to have joyride with a sling and booze...

I bet they just wanted to have a speed-race with the police, but they've lost.

Here's one:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2013/06/28/patriots-had-inside-knowledge-murder-charge-before-cutting-aaron-hernandez/E0wOfGxwXz3GsvxGeD45SL/story.html?camp=rss:patriots&dlvrit=834382

"The source reiterated to the Globe late Friday that the Patriots’ brain trust, led by Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick, decided late last week to cut Hernandez if he were to be arrested in connection with the murder in any way. The source said the team’s leaders expected Hernandez to be arrested for obstruction of justice, and were “taken aback” when he was charged with murder later that afternoon."

OK, they weren't "shocked", just "taken aback". Is that the same?

http://musketfire.com/2013/06/29/new-england-patriots-void-aaron-hernandez-guaranteed-money-no-inside-knowledge-of-arrest/

Interesting. Still, Lefeged's is not accused of having involvement in a murder, so I think comparing his situation with the swift action taken by the Pats is apples-and-oranges.

This just in....the police officer who instantly chased down Joe Lefeged has been identified.  His name is Vinnie 'cream filling' Di Maggio.'  I just checked his Wicki, and he is the 'fastest' police officer of all time, and won the Police Track and field Championships...100 meters and watermelon crawl. :)  Do not let his appearance fool you....the man can crawl...err....run...

copdonut.jpg

Vinnie was last seen here.

cops_donuts-742483.jpg

The possible point of view for the defence:

Those guys were only drinking the orange juice, they've used vodka for fuel, as they ran out of gas, and they were speeding, because they hurried to the office to have the gun registered. Case closed.

And it was ONLY a $900 gun....last seen used on an elephant hunt in the outreaches of Africa....why hunting this cute lil fella?

elephant-hunter.png

Unless he was taking it back to the shop and reclaim his money.

:spit: My Friend ,I guarantee he didn't buy it with in many miles of where he got arrested,he must have been taking the senic tour back to the gun shop ,like past the Washinton monument ,Jefferson memorial ,Lincoln memorial  :funny:  :funny:  :funny:

Unless he was taking it back to the shop and reclaim his money.

No returns on guns. At least I've never ever seen a shop that'll do it. Even if its legal(not sure on this one), the risk would be too high that something happened to the gun or it was used illegally...... 

While I admire the Colts for holding off till they get more information, this is a great chance to send a message. Act stupidly, loose your job. It's not like we're talking about a future hall of famer like Manning, Brady, etc. I'm not saying those types of players are above punishment either, but I can see holding off to make sure a conviction occurs in that case. But in Joe's case, he's a mediocre player at best, one that can easily be replaced.

How can you run around an area drawing attention,with some of the strictest gun laws and most gun haters per capata   :scratch: doesn't  reek of intellect  does it ?

Hey guys...lets drive by the Capital Building, the Lincoln Memorial, the Pentagon and the White House!!!  Boy is this fun!!

stock-photo-21201414-group-of-young-peop

:spit: My Friend ,I guarantee he didn't buy it with in many miles of where he got arrested,he must have been taking the senic tour back to the gun shop ,like past the Washinton monument ,Jefferson memorial ,Lincoln memorial  :funny:  :funny:  :funny:

LIKE!!!!!  Must have had some carry over from yesterday!  :)

We were writing at the same time....great minds think alike   (Well at least our....uh uh...minds :))

No returns on guns. At least I've never ever seen a shop that'll do it. Even if its legal(not sure on this one), the risk would be too high that something happened to the gun or it was used illegally...... 

While I admire the Colts for holding off till they get more information, this is a great chance to send a message. Act stupidly, loose your job. It's not like we're talking about a future hall of famer like Manning, Brady, etc. I'm not saying those types of players are above punishment either, but I can see holding off to make sure a conviction occurs in that case. But in Joe's case, he's a mediocre player at best, one that can easily be replaced.

It was serious sarcasm...I haven't indicated it. My bad.

Let's wait untill arringment and see charges. I believe our FO already worked out scenarious. If there would be a chance for Lefeged being sentenced to jail or receiving longer suspension, he will be cut. Or at least I would do that if I was GM.

I guess they see better cap issues of a cut too.

Edited by HungarianColtsFan

It was serious sarcasm...I haven't indicated it. My bad.

Let's wait untill arringment and see charges. I believe our FO already worked out scenarious. If there would be a chance for Lefeged being sentenced to jail or receiving longer suspension, he will be cut. Or at least I would do that if I was GM.

I guess they see better cap issues of a cut too.

Sorry, it's still early, i didn't pick up on it. Dang Mondays  :)

He could take it back to trade here,but hes gonna loose on that deal ,now he doesn't get that chance,and probably will never own one legal again