Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Lefeged Arrested...

icf

The ghetto produces people from all races, maybe some more than others. But pointing out that a lot of NFL players come from tough backgrounds isn't inherently racist. It's true.

^^^^^^  :thmup:

And a whole lot of us have done pretty well coming from the wrong side of the tracks no matter what race or creed.  

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you KNEW these things?You honestly don't know the facts, do you? Hernandez wasn't linked to the other murders until *gasp* THIS WEEK! The shooting in the face issue? That was never even filed properly until *gasp* this past week!His gang ties, I think, were from his days in Bristol, not his days in FL.

As usual, you overreact like a child.

It wasn't filed "properly" until this week.....I'm sure the patriots were aware of the situation before it was filed properly.

And I'm not sure why you think the location of his gang ties is relevant. Fact is the guy seems to have had trouble following him wherever he goes....high school, college, and the NFL. The Patriots gambled on a punk and lost....not sure why you're getting bent out of shape about it.

I feel bad for the Colts organization.  They are spending oodles of money on trying to build a top caliber team.  Then this type of stuff happens.  Call it what you want, but the team might be loosing a good player.  that's a shame.  As for Joe Lefeged, he chose this type of life style.  He'll have to deal with the consequences.

In regards to the charge of 'unregistered gun and ammunition', I shall quote the ultimate authority on this matter - the guy they named their city after:

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from

any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."  - George Washington, 1793

Then we need to get back to "discipline" instead of "time out."  Guns without discipline leads to this kind of behavior....and dead people.

Washington, D.C. has some pretty restrictive gun laws (they apparently haven't read the 2nd Amendment there).  A couple of years ago a former soldier was arrested for having a few loose 9mm rounds in a backpack.  No gun, just a few rounds. The charge?  Possession of "unregistered ammunition"!

People defending this dude, and hoping he remains on the team, particularly following CP's 'speech' are crazy. Or something else.

Agreed. 

The gun charge and how one feels about firearms aren't the crucial parts of the story; thousands of people have concealed weapons every day that don't get caught. Why? Because they don't do things to blatantly get police attention!

I've seen hints of profiling accusations, but let's be real here...if you're running red lights and driving like a goofball, smoking a little ganja, and drinking in your car, cops tend to notice. Leading them on a chase might get their attention, too. They also notice if you try to RUN AWAY. 

I mean, c'mon Joe. C'mon. Save the partying for the condo if that's your bag, be up front about the gun, and get the charges reduced like Da'Quan Bowers did. Or get cut. It's not like you need to be a choir boy to meet the minimum character requirements for playing NFL football. You just have to not be pure evil, be very good at hiding your evilness if you are, and not be a complete friggin' knothead.

I've seen hints of profiling accusations, but let's be real here...if you're running red lights and driving like a goofball, smoking a little ganja, and drinking in your car, cops tend to notice. Leading them on a chase might get their attention, too. They also notice if you try to RUN AWAY.

haha you got that right! It only makes things worse when your buddies are d-bags also, "Yeah man lets go out, drink, carry a firearm while hanging around my buddies who have most likely fled from the police before." Sounds like a great idea.

i think cutting him before knowing all of the facts may be a bit premature.

That's absolutely true. But it seems pretty obvious that he was involved in knucklehead-ish behavior. Doesn't sound like a wrong place, wrong time situation.

And truth be told, there are way worse things than this to be involved in. But at the very least, this is poor judgment, and a black mark on his profile.

i think cutting him before knowing all of the facts may be a bit premature.

Well javan I have to disagree with you because Coach Pagano gave a speech after the OTA 's to basically keep your nose clean and this in my opinion shows disrespect to the coach.  JMO of course.

The commish is likely to impose a lengthy suspension. Why keep him around?

a lengthy suspension for possesing a gun? the driver of the car is going to be in alot of legal trouble, but Joe is guilty of carrying a gun. a large percentage of pro athletes do the same thing everyday

The commish is likely to impose a lengthy suspension. Why keep him around?

Maybe for a couple of reasons.

1) He wouldn't take up a roster spot.

2) Maybe he has a clean record and the Cots want to give him a second chance.

a lengthy suspension for possesing a gun? the driver of the car is going to be in alot of legal trouble, but Joe is guilty of carrying a gun. a large percentage of pro athletes do the same thing everyday

We also have (allegedly) possession of marijuana and fleeing the police. Yes, Goodell will make an example of him.

Yeah, just like Plaxico Burress. Lol..

Maybe for a couple of reasons.

1) He wouldn't take up a roster spot.

2) Maybe he has a clean record and the Cots want to give him a second chance.

The consensus here seems to be that Lefeged is a good ST player who is average to mediocre on defense. There are plenty of players like that to be had.

We also have (allegedly) possession of marijuana and fleeing the police. Yes, Goodell will make an example of him.

the driver of the car fled from police, and then ran from the scene. the article i read said Joe did not flee

the driver of the car fled from police, and then ran from the scene. the article i read said Joe did not flee

ESPN and The Indianapolis Star are both reporting that Lefeged fled but was caught, whereas the driver was not. Furthermore, Lefeged is alleged to have illegally possessed the gun in the District of Columbia. Goodell will hit him hard.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130629/NEWS/306290022/Colts-safety-Joe-Lefeged-arrested-Washington-D-C-jail-confirms

this article says only the driver fled on foot

ESPN and The Indianapolis Star are both reporting that Lefeged fled but was caught, whereas the driver was not. Furthermore, Lefeged is alleged to have illegally possessed the gun in the District of Columbia. Goodell will hit him hard.

Looks like the IndyStar article is updated from my last look. ESPN is still reporting as such, however:

Lefeged and another passenger were caught when they tried to run from the car in different directions, police said. The driver ran away and was not immediately caughthttp://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9436643/joe-lefeged-indianapolis-colts-arrested-gun-charges

Still, he's facing a weapons charge involving alcohol. League discipline awaits.

Looks like the IndyStar article is updated from my last look. ESPN is still reporting as such, however:

Lefeged and another passenger were caught when they tried to run from the car in different directions, police said. The driver ran away and was not immediately caught. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9436643/joe-lefeged-indianapolis-colts-arrested-gun-charges

Still, he's facing a weapons charge involving alcohol. League discipline awaits.

my point is why doesn't everyone pump the brakes until all of the facts are known. I'm glad some in here aren't in the justice system Trying to punish before you really have any details

my point is why doesn't everyone pump the brakes until all of the facts are known. I'm glad some in here aren't in the justice system Trying to punish before you really have any details

As we have seen in other cases, whether legal punishment is merited doesn't always influence the punishment doled out by Goodell.

my all--nfl convict team-------qb----mike vick

rb---- jim (woman beater ) brown

wr----- michael(it wasnt my dope)ervin

wr------ ken (waiting for hammer to fall)britt

wr-------plaxico (leg wound )burress

te---- guess who????

ol---larry (marijuana) newton

dl-- cant recall---but early favorite is suh

lb--- ray(i found god after stabbings) lewis

lb--- lawrence (pass the pipe)taylor

lb--- the * from the browns-whose name i dont care to know

db--- adam(who cares if theres some poor paralyzed victim) jones

now theres a list of role models.

my all--nfl convict team-------qb----mike vick

rb---- jim (woman beater ) brown

wr----- michael(it wasnt my dope)ervin

wr------ ken (waiting for hammer to fall)britt

wr-------plaxico (leg wound )burress

te---- guess who????

ol---larry (marijuana) newton

dl-- cant recall---but early favorite is suh

lb--- ray(i found god after stabbings) lewis

lb--- lawrence (pass the pipe)taylor

lb--- the * from the browns-whose name i dont care to know

db--- adam(who cares if theres some poor paralyzed victim) jones

now theres a list of role models.

P----- Pat (swam in the canal) McAfee.

You are 100% correct. What I meant by Grigs and Pagano failing is that they need to be sending a very clear message it will not be tolerated. If they fail to act on either of these two knuckle heads that is.

I would confidently place a bet on Lefeged getting his walking papers. I think Brazil will be given an opportunity to make the team.....I just don't think he does with a 4 game suspension looming. I could see them releasing him in the hopes that no one else signs him and then bring him back week 5. I just don't see him not being picked up. I could see him clearing waivers though.

If they were just joyriding and cruising....(there was a report that one of them was standing up throught he sun roof)  and there was no evil intent before the stop, the judge will probably let Joe off light. No jail.  Given the crime wave sweeping the NFL, Goddell will ice him for 4-8 games but, as of what's been reported,  Joe actually didnt commit a serious crime

The 'Saturday night riders'  dont seem to have been running from a crime or planning one. The car was weaving and the boys were acting crazy which was why the police stopped them..Joe L didnt run and he wasn't driving.  The gun was under his seat.

He wasnt holding it. 

These are not the the acts of gangsters or criminals..

Just the acts of a non-thinking stupid-heads

Its a shame. He is a decent special teams player.

No, he is a very good ST player who is developing into a great ST player.  They don't come around often. But we can't have him coming back to Indy with his arsenal blowing up the town either.  Next thing you know, people be getting capped and strippers will start disappearing.  That is just a joke, I think it could work out IF and only IF, he is contrite, sincere, and willing to payback by doing community service (of his OWN accord, not what the courts will already assign him to do).

Who are you kidding?

Passing judgement before we have all the facts is what we do here....

If they were just joyriding and cruising....(there was a report that one of them was standing up throught he sun roof)  and there was no evil intent before the stop, the judge will probably let Joe off light. No jail.  Given the crime wave sweeping the NFL, Goddell will ice him for 4-8 games but, as of what's been reported,  Joe actually didnt commit a serious crime

The 'Saturday night riders'  dont seem to have been running from a crime or planning one. The car was weaving and the boys were acting crazy which was why the police stopped them..Joe L didnt run and he wasn't driving.  The gun was under his seat.

He wasnt holding it. 

These are not the the acts of gangsters or criminals..

Just the acts of a non-thinking stupid-heads

I just don't know how much more dangerous a combination you can come up with. Marijuana, a loaded gun (registered or not, legally carried or not), an open container of alcohol, in a moving vehicle. That's a potentially deadly cocktail.

To the bolded, Joe did run, according to reports. It was his gun, being carried illegally, under his seat, so it's not like he didn't know it was there. The open container of alcohol was in the center console, so it's not like he didn't know it was there.

He wasn't driving. No one was hurt. Perhaps the gun laws in DC are a bit draconian. I'm not a moralist who is going to preach against marijuana and alcohol. But this is still really, really poor decision making. And even worse PR for the league, the team, and the player.