Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Lefeged Arrested...

icf

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130629/NEWS/306290022/Colts-safety-Joe-Lefeged-arrested-Washington-D-C-jail-confirms

Not many details at this time, but apparently spent the night in jail in D.C.

Indianapolis Colts player Joe Lefeged was arrested overnight in Washington, D.C., an employee of the city’s jail confirmed this morning.

Sgt. Locita Dixon at the jail’s Central Cell Block said she could not provide information about what led to the arrest or any charges against Lefeged, referring questions to a spokesman for the Washington, D.C., police department.

Lefeged, 25, is from nearby Gaithersburg, Md. He is a safety who was signed by the Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Rutgers.

Contacted this morning, a Colts spokesman said the team had no information of Lefeged’s arrest.

Check back for updates.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, you find it funny when someone is arrested?  I find it sad.  I mean how hard is it to stay out of trouble?

No, I don't think it's funny. I was just poking fun, some may know what I'm talking about, some may not. In any case, I hope it wasn't anything that hurt someone else or himself.

How hard is it to not get into trouble? I've done it for 24 years no problem.

More Money, More problems

For some of these players it seems. Cause when you look at guys like Peyton, Brady, Mathis, Etc. they make/made 5x the money these young guys have and they've managed to keep a clean slate and a good head on their shoulders. I'm just like you Drew, I'm 19 and never been in trouble. But, everyone is different I suppose

A bubble player, Pagano needs to pop a couple of these kids bubble and send a message straight away, he was probably on his way out anyway with the drafting of Boyett

Exactly! Someone has to go. Make an example put of someone before this gets outta hand and we become a franchise like the Raiders, Jets, or Cowboys. This has to stop before it gets really started

eh...percentage-wise, NFL players get arrested less than the rest of the us. Might be better to wait and find out the details of what happened. Could be nothing.

Not really a fair comparison to be honest, Compared to us there is so few of them, I think there is multiple issues

1.We as fans prop these guys up on a pedestal when in fact they are like us, they are human, they are prone to bad judgement just like you or me, No amount of money you throw at them will fix that (This also applies to what the media or fans put out about an organization)

2.Some people see dollar signs when they see these gifted athletes they dont see that these are just people and if they do they dont care

3.Some players are just bad apples, there is no other way to put it, Just because they are a good or even great athlete dont make them a good person

4.Many teams wont send a message to these players, Some teams will just practice and focus around the games on sunday and not take an interest in ALL there players be they a star or a 3rd string back up

5.Outside of the football aspect, many of these kids were not taught structure and have no contructive routines to occupy them, they come right out of college from the NFL and are given millions of dollars with no structure

Hope nothing too serious.. I like Lefeged and think he is a good special teams player for us as well as decent depth at safety.

I just don't understand how these guys that are getting paid to play football, which millions would love to be doing, but continue to be themselves it bad situations and make choices.

Well well well.... haha I wonder what he did.

Better bite your tongue or you guys are next.  Instead of the injury bug it will be the arrest bug

No, I don't think it's funny. I was just poking fun, some may know what I'm talking about, some may not. In any case, I hope it wasn't anything that hurt someone else or himself.

In the words of Joker: Why So Serious!?

Here is a quote from D. Allen.  He was referring to the Hernandez case, but it is applicable here too.

“A lot of people are afraid of the words, ‘Oh man, you different,’” Allen said. “You damn right I’m different. You damn right I’m different. I got a lot more money in my pocket, and a lot more sense. That’s the way you got to go about it. 

“If you just turn on your TV to ESPN, this is a brotherhood. This is a brotherhood. One of our brothers in trouble right now. It really hurts me, man. But one of our brothers is in trouble right now because he didn’t want to be different. You got to make a choice right now. ...You’re not the same dude you was when you grew up. You different now. That doesn’t mean you can’t hang out with your boys, do things you used to do with your boys. You still do those, but you got to be smart about it, smart about your decisions, man.”

If that gun thing is true then goodbye Lefeged

I use to feel sorry for these players and try to stick up for them when they did wrong, But now I'm just sick of it. Every time you turn around someone is in trouble. They need to cancel the off-season and instead of MiniCamp and OTA, you send the players to football boot camp until their team goes to Training Camp. NFL is turning into a wild zoo and it's looking like things aren't gonna get any better

How hard is it to not get into trouble? I've done it for 24 years no problem.

The world you and I live in....   the world 98% of regular folks lives in,  and the world the 2% live in,  are two completely different worlds....

Night,  and day.

For all we know Joe is sitting in a bar and a fight breaks out and he's simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.   I don't know?

Hopefully we'll get more information and soon.....

Cut him. You would think after what just happened with Hernandez some of these guys would be smart enough to rethink some of the decisions they make and who they hang around with.  Leading police on a chase with a bunch of unregistered guns and ammo in the car?  Obviously did not get Pagano's message at the end of mini camp.  Time for the message to be sent more forcefully now in my opinion. One arrest and one suspension for drugs already.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I'm sure there is more to this than we know for right now.

I suspect he'll get a 1 to 2 game suspension from Goddell (that's assuming the Colts don't cut him)

This is just the latest example of why the Front Office and Coaches absolutely HATE this time of year.   Players have too much time on their hands.    Bad things often happen.

yep thats what i read as well what a shame we really need safety depth and he played really well last year im worried now http://www.indystar.com/article/20130629/NEWS/306290022/Colts-safety-Joe-Lefeged-arrested-Washington-D-C-jail-confirms

OK......gun charges in DC....Dumb enough to do it....we will see just HOW dumb in the coming days.  Smarty Jones was probably close to the White House too?  URRGH!

Good point Nick!  Contrary to some here, he was NOT on the bubble.  He was the second string safety.  Boyett is hurt....may not play.  Lefeged was THE stud on Special Teams.  Now we get to camp and lose a Mario Harvey and/or Ricardo Mathews, we will need to develop some studs on ST!!

Just after I finally was spelling his name right after all of these times :) WOW.....

Cut him. You would think after what just happened with Hernandez some of these guys would be smart enough to rethink some of the decisions they make and who they hang around with.  Leading police on a chase with a bunch of unregistered guns and ammo in the car?  Obviously did not get Pagano's message at the end of mini camp.  Time for the message to be sent more forcefully now in my opinion. One arrest and one suspension for drugs already.

I agree   100%   with everything you said and I for one will be disappointed if he is not released.  I would say a strong statement needs to be made.  NOW        JMO of course.  What were  the guns and ammo going to be used for  :dunno:      couldn't be anything good that's for sure.    I'm sure there will be some that will be mad if he is cut but come on front office make a  statement.  :thmup: