Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw visiting Colts/Colts now in 'heavy negotiations' with Bradshaw again. (merge)

Ja'Crispy

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so lets say we sign bradshaw...what now? the team drafted williams to have him on the team so i think ballard, williams are going to make the team, i think the team has a role for williams.

who is out? brown? carter? i guess most people would say carter but how do you rotate them?

ballard 

brown

brahdshaw

williams.

way too many RB IMO. 

if we do sign him, i can see us releasing donnie brown.

why would we carry four backs? I cant even remember the last time we did that. deji karim was nothing more then a KR. he was never gonna see the field.

Because of the Scheme.....we need a FB for sure We need williams as a Reciever/Back hybrid, I think Ballard will have series and Bradshaw will and Brown would be a third down back...we need more RB's for the west coast cuz we'll be running the ball more

this could spell the end for brown. him and bradshaw are basically the same back, but bradshaw is a better running between the tackles and blocker

Was going to post the same thing . That's why I always try to read through a post to see if it's already up there. Yea ... I agree it would be Brown rather than Carter that would go. Salary cap and the reason's you give. It's also possible that we could just go with Ballard , Williams , Bradshaw and one of the FB's at camp. It appears that Havril and Moore could both run the ball a bit if needed.

Boooooooooooooooooommmm!.......Grigson is reading my posts.. Where are all the "We don't need another Runningbackites" now??????

He wasn't healthy before....  back when you first floated the idea....

But he is healthier now....    there's a difference....

The concept is similar to never paying full price for someone who is on the discount shelf.

In this case,   patience is a virtue.    We wait for a while,  and we find out how healthy Bradshaw is, and we find out just how hungry and reasonable his salary demands are....    we have less money to spend...     does he really want to be with the Colts?

The answers to these questions can only be found out when you're patient and don't over react...

If Bradshaw is healthy enough,  then I'm all for signing him.    And if not,  then it cost us nothing to bring him in....

so lets say we sign bradshaw...what now? the team drafted williams to have him on the team so i think ballard, williams are going to make the team, i think the team has a role for williams.

who is out? brown? carter? i guess most people would say carter but how do you rotate them?

ballard 

brown

brahdshaw

williams.

way too many RB IMO. 

if we do sign him, i can see us releasing donnie brown.

Were not gonna carry 4 rb's on the roster and a fb. Ballard,Bradshaw,Williams, and Havili at fb.

Was going to post the same thing . That's why I always try to read through a post to see if it's already up there. Yea ... I agree it would be Brown rather than Carter that would go. Salary cap and the reason's you give. It's also possible that we could just go with Ballard , Williams , Bradshaw and one of the FB's at camp. It appears that Havril and Moore could both run the ball a bit if needed.

why would we cut brown before camp? or preseason even?

Honest question: How many did we carry last year? 

I recall:

Brown

Ballard

Carter

Moore

Karim?

Anyone else that was on the active roster?  That seems to be a lot for a team that ran the ball 39% of the time.

Karim has signed with the Texans...BOOOOO!  :)

Call me crazy!  I think I am the only one on the board other than 2 or three that think Carter will benefit from a good line as well.  Pagano has mentioned him as well as other coaches.  In a power attack (If we want to call it that) he can be a nice bruise...at 5 9 and 238.

Bradshaw for a good price.....so intriguing....

Not sure wh we are mentioning Moore from Montana over Carter other than $$$$$...no where near the talent. :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

He's been injured a few times, but his numbers the past few years would say he is still very productive (yes he's had a better Oline than we have), but he would help, especially limiting his carries. His stats the past few years are very good, despite any injuries:

221 carries last season @4.6 per carry-we haven't had anyone to have those amounts of carries with a high ypc since '06

171 carries in '11 for 3.9-yes injured but still even spread over 16 games this would be 10 carries a game--all we need now from him

276 carries in '10 for 4.5 per carry-yes we would take that for sure

Give us 160 in '13 and even at that low a number of carries he would make a difference.

Ballard, Brown and Bradshaw?!?

Wait!!    That's my law firm!!

They're right next door to another high profile firm....      Dewey, Cheatum and Howe....

I thought it was Moe, Curly and Larry....... :)  Their Firm was opened by Malvin Practice :)

$(KGrHqR,!loFCK8j6yitBQ)fMeZW4g~~60_35.J

Once again I'm not understanding the hatred for Donald Brown. Look at every RB on the roster, Brown would NOT get cut if Bradshaw came in. It's obviously Carter. He hasn't done ANYTHING. It's like he's not even here

Carter onl got one shot and had 80 plus yards in that game he was featured.  It just happened to be the NO debacle and he fumbled....he was reduced to Polian Purgatory after that...never to be heard from again....was last seen in a training room near you!!!  :)

Carter will be gone if he keeps the injury bug alive.....then someone else picks him up...and he will run over us....Jacksonville comes to mind...:)

Gosh dang... I keep reading my post over and over again and can't find where I said we would cut Brown before camp. I would read my post to mean that , IMO , it's a possibility that if we sign Bradshaw , Brown might not make the team. But I'm going to read it a couple more times and if it reads as you say , I'll get right back to you an answer on that one. 

So for now my answer is "what are you talking about ?"

Honest question: How many did we carry last year? 

I recall:

Brown

Ballard

Carter

Moore

Karim?

Anyone else that was on the active roster?  That seems to be a lot for a team that ran the ball 39% of the time.

Moore and Karim didn't spend the whole season on the roster. I think the three we had all year were Brown, Ballard and Carter. Brown wound up on IR at the end of the season. When we broke camp, I think we had Brown, Ballard, Carter and Moore.

The person I see this helping and hurting the most is Donald Brown. I can see this potential signing as a way for DB to concentrate on what he excels at and being good at it. HOWEVER, this also kills his stock going into the final year of a contract.

RIP Donald Brown's career. ;)

why would we carry four backs? I cant even remember the last time we did that. deji karim was nothing more then a KR. he was never gonna see the field.

We broke camp with four backs last year -- Brown, Ballard, Carter and Moore.

IF he is healthy it doesnt hurt to kick the tires. He would be a good goaline back. If he signs for cheap it just might be Brown who is the odd man out with Carter right on his heels. In my opinion Grigs and Pagano want to play smash mouth football just judging by all the meat they have added to the roster.

Gosh dang... I keep reading my post over and over again and can't find where I said we would cut Brown before camp. I would read my post to mean that , IMO , it's a possibility that if we sign Bradshaw , Brown might not make the team. But I'm going to read it a couple more times and if it reads as you say , I'll get right back to you an answer on that one. 

So for now my answer is "what are you talking about ?"

... It's also possible that we could just go with Ballard , Williams , Bradshaw and one of the FB's at camp. ...

i highlihted what i meant in my first post, and i'll do it again.. if at camp we go with ballard, williams, bradshaw and one fb, that means brown is no longer on the team at camp?

and there's no need to be condescending, like your respond to my question.. just makes you look lame..

moore didnt even last. he was gone after like 3 games

Moore came back unfortunately....and killed us with fumbles and penalties.  One of the fumbles killed us.....and this board was going for the jugular...!!!!!  The veteran back.....was truly awful.

moore didnt even last. he was gone after like 3 games

Nonetheless, we fluctuated between three and four backs most of the year. It's not unheard of for us to have four backs on the roster at any given moment. Doesn't mean we'll carry all four all year.

IF he is healthy it doesnt hurt to kick the tires. He would be a good goaline back. If he signs for cheap it just might be Brown who is the odd man out with Carter right on his heels. In my opinion Grigs and Pagano want to play smash mouth football just judging by all the meat they have added to the roster.

Good post...I really do think our regime is severing ties with the Polian boys...Brown and Carter....are the odd men out (I am not HUGE fans of them,,) but sure have rooted for them!!!

Honestly you guys are overrating his "injury plaguedness" The guy only missed 2 games last year, and has been very healthy when compared to other NFL players. In my mind if we sign him he would be competing for the starting job and i believe that he would win it fairly easily from Ballard. 

That's very possible; it happens a lot around here. That said, it seems to me like he's had nagging issues with his foot or his leg for a couple years now, not necessarily anything serious, but still enough to worry.

Nonetheless, we fluctuated between three and four backs most of the year. It's not unheard of for us to have four backs on the roster at any given moment. Doesn't mean we'll carry all four all year.

It also depends on special teams...as with Karim.  Williams appears to have a good shot at KR or PR.....but too early to tell.

It may also depend on injuries at other positions...LB in particular.  We have some pretty good players that may get cut....kind of bumming me out, but that is the nature of the business...

brown would be gone before carter IMO carter is a better goal-line back when healthy than anyone else on our roster. carter's and brown's injury concerns should be a push both have history of injuries. bradshaw seems more of a similar type of back to brown but bradshaw is a better blocker.

Interesting I like Bradshaw honestly surprised no one has signed him yet. I believe he is coming off a foot injury? If they sign him its going to be another interesting battle at RB. I personally see us carrying 4 RB and a FB. Can't wait for pre season to begin. My bet is we DON'T sign Bradshaw just kicking the tires.

Honestly you guys are overrating his "injury plaguedness" The guy only missed 2 games last year, and has been very healthy when compared to other NFL players. In my mind if we sign him he would be competing for the starting job and i believe that he would win it fairly easily from Ballard.

The "games played" stat may not correlate to healthiness, fwiw. Just like DeAngelo Williams, who was the beneficiary of a similar thread before he re-signed with Carolina, Bradshaw is shown playing in several games last year despite being banged up and unproductive in them.

brown would be gone before carter IMO carter is a better goal-line back when healthy than anyone else on our roster. carter's and brown's injury concerns should be a push both have history of injuries. bradshaw seems more of a similar type of back to brown but bradshaw is a better blocker.

I think it comes down to the ever-present nagging injury as to who goes first...Brown's legs...Carters ankle and thumb....I had a hang-nail last night...IR for me too :)

If Bradshaw is signed....One or both are gone.  Polian Purgatory....the demise of the previous regime.....

May see some Polian regime surprise cuts on D too.  This is Pagano and Grigs team!