Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis 30th Season Logo

Fx Stryker

That is a pretty sweet Blue Horseshoe logo. 30 seasons...3 decades of glorious INDY football...The Colts have gone through lean years & Championship years, which are not over BTW, and I really appreciate our owner  loves the fans, listens to the fans, & let's them feel like they get to walk inside the building & be a part of it all. Not every NFL owner cares what the fans really think...Jim Irsay does...

I posted the new logo on the Baltimore Ravens facebook page, and told the people of Baltimore it was time to get over it. Have been having a running conversation with a few of their "fans". It has been quite humorous. :lol:

I posted the new logo on the Baltimore Ravens facebook page, and told the people of Baltimore it was time to get over it. Have been having a running conversation with a few of their "fans". It has been quite humorous. :lol:

Share the link

Silenthill quote: 1984 - 2013 is 29 years... Just wanna make that clear. lol

New Logo didn't say 30 years, it said 30 seasons, use you fingers and count it out. LOL

1. 84 season, 1st official season game September 2, 1984, loss to the Jets.

2. 85 season

3. 86 season

4. 87 season

5. 88 season

6. 89 season

7. 90 season

8. 91 season

9. 92 season

10. 93 season

11. 94 season

12. 95 season

13. 96 season

14. 97 season

15. 98 season
16. 99 season

17. 00 season

18. 01 season

19. 02 season

20. 03 season

21. 04 season

22. 05 season

23. 06 season

24. 07 season

25. 08 season

26. 09 season

27. 10 season

28. 11 season

29. 12 season

30. 13 upcoming season, so that's 30 seasons.....

:)

Go Colts!!!!!

Tell me you didn't??  I will be keeping a close eye out for Maryland license plates around the city.  :Yikes:

In 3 years, the Colts will be in Indianapolis longer then Baltimore.

Acting this way is no better than Baltimore fans being upset. At least they have a reason to feel hurt. No reason for Indy fans to rub it in.

Acting this way is no better than Baltimore fans being upset. At least they have a reason to feel hurt. No reason for Indy fans to rub it in.

No but it will feel good next year when the colts will have been in Indy longer than Baltimore and they won't be able to cry about it anymore.

In 3 years, the Colts will be in Indianapolis longer then Baltimore.

Actually it's next year. Baltimore colts in the nfl were founded in 1953, they existed as the aafc as early as 1947, (earliest mention I found) but wearing green and silver. They had a terrible back to back seasons after the merge in 1950 and were dissolved in 1951. So if you counted that one year, it would still only be 2. But sports encyclopedia and other places recognize january 23rd 1953 as their birth. So that's 30 years and 65 days.

So march 29th of next year is 30 years. So on June 3rd 2014, the colts will have been in Indy longer.

Mark your calendar folks.

I disagree. They've carried the grudge well beyond an acceptable or understandable point. They invite a little bit of nose-thumbing. 

Like the sentiment, but not the logo. Looks like a kids school project. Cheap and cartoonish looking. But will it make us win more games if sewn on our jerseys??? Not meaning to be confrontational, I just think we could have done better.

I agree. I think with all the resources at our disposal we should have been able to come up with something a little more exciting.

On the other hand the logo sort of mirrors the Colts values. Clean, simple and efficient.

Would love to see the Colts wearing a patch on their jerseys this season.

Narcosys, allow me to put it in proper perspective. I can remember when my dad used to take me to Memorial Stadium. All of my friends and family at the time were Washington Redskin fans, but we could never get tickets. When the two teams would play (regular or exhibition) games, we went to Baltimore. As a result, I became a Colt fan. I vaguely remember Johnny U, but did get a chance to watch him, as well as Earl Morrall, John Mackey, Bubba Smith and Tom Matte. As time went on, those players were replaced by the likes of Bert Jones, Roger Carr, Glenn Doughty, Freddie Scott, Fred Cook, Lydell Mitchell, Ray Chester, and Joe Ehrmann, whose name echoed through the stadium when he made a sack because the announcer (and crowd) prolonged the "R" in his name, much like the announcers do at Latin American soccer games. We sat on metal benches in the end zone and when the team was either in trouble or about the score, the crowd would stomp on those benches and make such a loud noise that it occasionally influenced the outcome. We had lukewarm hot dogs, cold sodas, and even colder beer. Denver has Coors, but the Colts had National Bohemian (or as the locals called it, National "Bo"). It was amazing to be able to root for a team and have updates during EVERY newscast. The Colts now use Anderson University's facilities, but back then everything was held in Westminster, MD. I recall staying up to watch Joe Washington single-handedly beat (of ALL teams), the New England Patriots on MNF, with Howard Cosell, Frank Gifford, and "Dandy Don" Meredith looking on in disbelief. I jumped as high as Jim O'Brien did when he kicked the winning field goal to beat the Cowboys in SBV - the first super bowl after the AFL-NFL merger........

I also remember when the Colts left in the middle of the night to go to Indianapolis. We all blamed the Maryland legislature, but we REALLY hated Bob Irsay, who had purchased the team only a short time earlier. The team had fallen on hard times and attendance was at rock bottom. As a businessman, Irsay did what most businessmen would do; he left for a sweeter deal. However, it was the way in which it was done which sealed his fate in the hearts of the good people of Baltimore.  A lot of grown men cried in the aftermath. Even the mayor, "Hisonner" William Donald Schaeffer, whose beloved status took a huge hit which never recovered, shed tears as well.

I'm proud of this team and pleased that the son, Jim, has not embodied the same ideals, wrath, and attitude as his father. Keep in mind, that at one point in time before LOS was built there were rumblings that the Colts' hand might be forced and the team might leave for sunny LA. You might not remember this, but I do....... 

We can all celebrate our team's success, but also recognize the cost and livelihood of some that were forced to deal with the "unthinkable." Why do you think that Browns' fans so loathed respected but departed owner Art Modell?

Can you imagine the city of Chicago being without the Bears or the Rooneys selling the team and having the Steelers move? Like I said, appreciate and adore the Colts, but have some respect for Charm City. Not many will admit it, but there were many older Ravens' fans who secretly cheered and nodded in approval for Dungy and Manning during SBXLI as the Colts beat the Bears.

The love is still there, but it's buried under the weight of a Mayflower Van.

Narcosys, allow me to put it in proper perspective. I can remember when my dad used to take me to Memorial Stadium. All of my friends and family at the time were Washington Redskin fans, but we could never get tickets. When the two teams would play (regular or exhibition) games, we went to Baltimore. As a result, I became a Colt fan. I vaguely remember Johnny U, but did get a chance to watch him, as well as Earl Morrall, John Mackey, Bubba Smith and Tom Matte. As time went on, those players were replaced by the likes of Bert Jones, Roger Carr, Glenn Doughty, Freddie Scott, Fred Cook, Lydell Mitchell, Ray Chester, and Joe Ehrmann, whose name echoed through the stadium when he made a sack because the announcer (and crowd) prolonged the "R" in his name, much like the announcers do at Latin American soccer games. We sat on metal benches in the end zone and when the team was either in trouble or about the score, the crowd would stomp on those benches and make such a loud noise that it occasionally influenced the outcome. We had lukewarm hot dogs, cold sodas, and even colder beer. Denver has Coors, but the Colts had National Bohemian (or as the locals called it, National "Bo"). It was amazing to be able to root for a team and have updates during EVERY newscast. The Colts now use Anderson University's facilities, but back then everything was held in Westminster, MD. I recall staying up to watch Joe Washington single-handedly beat (of ALL teams), the New England Patriots on MNF, with Howard Cosell, Frank Gifford, and "Dandy Don" Meredith looking on in disbelief. I jumped as high as Jim O'Brien did when he kicked the winning field goal to beat the Cowboys in SBV - the first super bowl after the AFL-NFL merger........

I also remember when the Colts left in the middle of the night to go to Indianapolis. We all blamed the Maryland legislature, but we REALLY hated Bob Irsay, who had purchased the team only a short time earlier. The team had fallen on hard times and attendance was at rock bottom. As a businessman, Irsay did what most businessmen would do; he left for a sweeter deal. However, it was the way in which it was done which sealed his fate in the hearts of the good people of Baltimore.  A lot of grown men cried in the aftermath. Even the mayor, "Hisonner" William Donald Schaeffer, whose beloved status took a huge hit which never recovered, shed tears as well.

I'm proud of this team and pleased that the son, Jim, has not embodied the same ideals, wrath, and attitude as his father. Keep in mind, that at one point in time before LOS was built there were rumblings that the Colts' hand might be forced and the team might leave for sunny LA. You might not remember this, but I do....... 

We can all celebrate our team's success, but also recognize the cost and livelihood of some that were forced to deal with the "unthinkable." Why do you think that Browns' fans so loathed respected but departed owner Art Modell?

Can you imagine the city of Chicago being without the Bears or the Rooneys selling the team and having the Steelers move? Like I said, appreciate and adore the Colts, but have some respect for Charm City. Not many will admit it, but there were many older Ravens' fans who secretly cheered and nodded in approval for Dungy and Manning during SBXLI as the Colts beat the Bears.

Yes, the board has heard this story x 1000

Narcosys, allow me to put it in proper perspective. I can remember when my dad used to take me to Memorial Stadium. All of my friends and family at the time were Washington Redskin fans, but we could never get tickets. When the two teams would play (regular or exhibition) games, we went to Baltimore. As a result, I became a Colt fan. I vaguely remember Johnny U, but did get a chance to watch him, as well as Earl Morrall, John Mackey, Bubba Smith and Tom Matte. As time went on, those players were replaced by the likes of Bert Jones, Roger Carr, Glenn Doughty, Freddie Scott, Fred Cook, Lydell Mitchell, Ray Chester, and Joe Ehrmann, whose name echoed through the stadium when he made a sack because the announcer (and crowd) prolonged the "R" in his name, much like the announcers do at Latin American soccer games. We sat on metal benches in the end zone and when the team was either in trouble or about the score, the crowd would stomp on those benches and make such a loud noise that it occasionally influenced the outcome. We had lukewarm hot dogs, cold sodas, and even colder beer. Denver has Coors, but the Colts had National Bohemian (or as the locals called it, National "Bo"). It was amazing to be able to root for a team and have updates during EVERY newscast. The Colts now use Anderson University's facilities, but back then everything was held in Westminster, MD. I recall staying up to watch Joe Washington single-handedly beat (of ALL teams), the New England Patriots on MNF, with Howard Cosell, Frank Gifford, and "Dandy Don" Meredith looking on in disbelief. I jumped as high as Jim O'Brien did when he kicked the winning field goal to beat the Cowboys in SBV - the first super bowl after the AFL-NFL merger........

I also remember when the Colts left in the middle of the night to go to Indianapolis. We all blamed the Maryland legislature, but we REALLY hated Bob Irsay, who had purchased the team only a short time earlier. The team had fallen on hard times and attendance was at rock bottom. As a businessman, Irsay did what most businessmen would do; he left for a sweeter deal. However, it was the way in which it was done which sealed his fate in the hearts of the good people of Baltimore. A lot of grown men cried in the aftermath. Even the mayor, "Hisonner" William Donald Schaeffer, whose beloved status took a huge hit which never recovered, shed tears as well.

I'm proud of this team and pleased that the son, Jim, has not embodied the same ideals, wrath, and attitude as his father. Keep in mind, that at one point in time before LOS was built there were rumblings that the Colts' hand might be forced and the team might leave for sunny LA. You might not remember this, but I do.......

We can all celebrate our team's success, but also recognize the cost and livelihood of some that were forced to deal with the "unthinkable." Why do you think that Browns' fans so loathed respected but departed owner Art Modell?

Can you imagine the city of Chicago being without the Bears or the Rooneys selling the team and having the Steelers move? Like I said, appreciate and adore the Colts, but have some respect for Charm City. Not many will admit it, but there were many older Ravens' fans who secretly cheered and nodded in approval for Dungy and Manning during SBXLI as the Colts beat the Bears.

The love is still there, but it's buried under the weight of a Mayflower Van.

I know the perspective as I've heard the argument many times from my raven fan friends. Thanks for the history lesson, but that's just it, history. Baltimore has a new team, for awhile now. So why, after 30 years, still being it up? I understand if people are bitter, but that's a long time to hold a grudge.

As a person who is understanding of business ways, emotions can't play a whole part in it, and when a city threaten to steal your property, by all means get the heck out if dodge. It's not like he didn't try, he didn't just say, meh I feel likening today. The city forced his hand and he did what he had to. Can you honestly say you wouldn't do the same if you bought a house worth millions and the city wanted to claim it with eminent domain. We both know you'd fight it. Hate Irsay all you want, it's unfounded.

Then in your rumblings of them leaving Indy. Here was the colts organizations statement about all that. http://www.wibc.com/news/story.aspx?ID=1085691

So no they weren't planning on leaving.

The board has heard the story, but the message has obviously not registered. Your response confirms it.

So please summarize what message were suppose to get? Are we supposed to feel angry and bitter like other Baltimore fans, feel unjustifiably betrayed? Please, tell me.

I know the perspective as I've heard the argument many times from my raven fan friends. Thanks for the history lesson, but that's just it, history. Baltimore has a new team, for awhile now. So why, after 30 years, still being it up? I understand if people are bitter, but that's a long time to hold a grudge.

As a person who is understanding of business ways, emotions can't play a whole part in it, and when a city threaten to steal your property, by all means get the heck out if dodge. It's not like he didn't try, he didn't just say, meh I feel likening today. The city forced his hand and he did what he had to. Can you honestly say you wouldn't do the same if you bought a house worth millions and the city wanted to claim it with eminent domain. We both know you'd fight it. Hate Irsay all you want, it's unfounded.

Then in your rumblings of them leaving Indy. Here was the colts organizations statement about all that. http://www.wibc.com/news/story.aspx?ID=1085691

So no they weren't planning on leaving.

Was it not brought up by Indy fans in this thread?

No but it will feel good next year when the colts will have been in Indy longer than Baltimore and they won't be able to cry about it anymore.

I actually like the logo because it does not have 1953-1983 included. I also appreciate Jim Irsay only putting one diamond on the 2006 Indy Colts Super Bowl ring. It showed some class. This may have been because Baltimore was awarded the Super Bowl 5 trophy in the City of Baltimore/ Colts settlement.

Being from Baltimore, I think it's funny how Indy people think just because the Colts have been in Indy longer than Baltimore, somehow magically the move will never be brought up anymore.Unfortunately, whether you like the move or not, it will remain a topic in some circles. The way the logo is, that  is how I view the Indianapolis Colts vs. Baltimore Colt eras. I see them as seperate, distinct eras, although I realize it is considered one franchise. All in all, a nice logo.

I actually like the logo because it does not have 1953-1983 included. I also appreciate Jim Irsay only putting one diamond on the 2006 Indy Colts Super Bowl ring. It showed some class. This may have been because Baltimore was awarded the Super Bowl 5 trophy in the City of Baltimore/ Colts settlement.

Being from Baltimore, I think it's funny how Indy people think just because the Colts have been in Indy longer than Baltimore, somehow magically the move will never be brought up anymore.Unfortunately, whether you like the move or not, it will remain a topic in some circles. The way the logo is, that  is how I view the Indianapolis Colts vs. Baltimore Colt eras. I see them as seperate, distinct eras, although I realize it is considered one franchise. All in all, a nice logo.

We did have the 50th a couple seasons ago.

2002_Indianapolis.png

I expect the 75th in a couple seasons.

We did have the 50th a couple seasons ago.

2002_Indianapolis.png

I expect the 75th in a couple seasons.

FX, I liked the 30th one better!  LOL One question, if you had the 50th logo, why put out a 30th logo ? It's confusing, do you want the Baltimore history, or not , or is it just a retrospective of the Colts in Indy history ? Maybe you should have used the Colts throwback logo on the 50th.

So please summarize what message were suppose to get? Are we supposed to feel angry and bitter like other Baltimore fans, feel unjustifiably betrayed? Please, tell me.

Recognition and respect, my good man; no more, no less. Regarding to your link, read between the lines. Read the first sentence of the letter again and recognize the team's need to send a letter in the first place. I did not make the news, nor was it ever substantiated; I simply asked if you remembered it. A memo going to such great lengths to explain management's actions was done for a reason. Namely, that there were a number of rumors swirling around during that time.

Look, I seek neither to vindicate my position or condemn yours. Old Crow said it best: "...While distinct, separate eras, they are inescapably linked. It remains the same Colt franchise from years ago.....whether you like it or not. And there will be those who will bring up the move from time to time. Their voice is no less legitimate than yours.

Tell 'im, Stryker..Case closed.

Recognition and respect, my good man; no more, no less. Regarding to your link, read between the lines. Read the first sentence of the letter again and recognize the team's need to send a letter in the first place. I did not make the news, nor was it ever substantiated; I simply asked if you remembered it. A memo going to such great lengths to explain management's actions was done for a reason. Namely, that there were a number of rumors swirling around during that time.

Look, I seek neither to vindicate my position or condemn yours. Old Crow said it best: "...While distinct, separate eras, they are inescapably linked. It remains the same Colt franchise from years ago.....whether you like it or not. And there will be those who will bring up the move from time to time. Their voice is no less legitimate than yours.

Tell 'im, Stryker..Case closed.

To add on to this, and to put it in perspective, lets take out the hate Bob Irsay, Eminent Domain, or Maryland Legislature stuff. The bottom line is no fan base will ever be happy with losing a team. This is not a business perspective , but a fan perspective. It could be Baltimore, Cleveland, Houston, or even fans of the old Brooklyn Dodgers, but the fans of the city from where a team moved, are never going to like it, or have fond memories of it. Sure, we all know the reasons for a move, and what caused it, but you can't expect a fan to get over it, or like it. You just basically get used to it, move on to your new team, but keep a warm spot in your heart for the old team. If fan bases got over these moves easily, Art Modell would be in the Hall of Fame today. However, I can fully understand why Cleveland does not want him in, and understand it.

The hard thing is when, for thirty years as a fan, this team was part of your history, but because of a move, you are told by the NFL it's no longer your history. That is what I struggle with. I understand all the franchise and ownership arguments, but these are mainly the emotions of fans. The way I deal with it is that I feel I had a team, the Baltimore Colts from 1953-1983, and then the Baltimore Ravens from 1996-present. As far as I'm concerned, the NFL years 1984-1995 are dead to me.

Like the sentiment, but not the logo. Looks like a kids school project. Cheap and cartoonish looking. But will it make us win more games if sewn on our jerseys??? Not meaning to be confrontational, I just think we could have done better.

I don't hate it but it looks predicable, plain.

"Baltimore: We hoard sports teams. Because one football team is just not enough. We want all the legacies."

I don't know about hoarding legacies, but what do you do when you went to games, have memorabilia, know some of the players, and the team moves ? What is wrong with people in Baltimore enjoying the legacy. It is better to focus on the good times and positive memories of the Baltimore Colts, rather than just dwelling on the Mayflower vans. I think it would be really cool if they hung the old Championship banners in Indy and Baltimore. The more recognition for those old Colts, the better.

I don't know about hoarding legacies, but what do you do when you went to games, have memorabilia, know some of the players, and the team moves ? What is wrong with people in Baltimore enjoying the legacy. It is better to focus on the good times and positive memories of the Baltimore Colts, rather than just dwelling on the Mayflower vans. I think it would be really cool if they hung the old Championship banners in Indy and Baltimore. The more recognition for those old Colts, the better.

Just having a goof with how this thread veered off into Baltimore VS Indianapolis.

Ease on up lol.

Tell it to the Cleveland Browns fans. Get over it, Baltimore did the same thing to Cleveland.

Tell it to the Cleveland Browns fans. Get over it, Baltimore did the same thing to Cleveland.

It was wrong what happened to Cleveland also. Take out all the business considerations, and it's always the fans that lose in those deals. If people could get it, Art would be in the hall.

The board has heard the story, but the message has obviously not registered. Your response confirms it.

So my telling you the story has been told many times confirms that it hasn't registered with the forum? Makes total sense.