Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rules For The 2011 League Year For Free Agents, Rookies

bayone

Rules For The 2011 League Year For Free Agents, Rookies

. According to Brian's league source, the following rules would apply for the 2011 league year, provided an agreement is signed by 6:00 P.M. ET on Monday, July 25:

Tuesday, July 26, 2011, players can return to team facilities. Trades for players can also begin.

At 10:00 A.M. ET on Tuesday, teams can sign their 2011 draft picks and undrafted free agent rookies.

At 4:01 P.M. ET on Thursday, July 28, teams can cut players

Teams will not get a 72 hour grace period to sign their own free agents. The floodgates open Friday for all UFAs.

Veteran players signing contracts on or after July 29 will report to their new teams. However, they cannot participate in on-field activities until the 2011 league year begins. They can, however, sit in on meetings.

Rookies may participate in on-field activities prior to the start of the league year.

Teams like the Colts will have until September 20th to sign a Franchise Tagged player like Peyton Manning to an extension

My link

So did I understand this correctly? I thought the free agents were going to be able to sign with their respective teams on Tuesday (tomorrow) and if nothing could be worked out they would be available on the open market a few days later. Oh well. I am still excited to see who we look at as far as undrafted free agents tomorrow.

So did I understand this correctly? I thought the free agents were going to be able to sign with their respective teams on Tuesday (tomorrow) and if nothing could be worked out they would be available on the open market a few days later. Oh well. I am still excited to see who we look at as far as undrafted free agents tomorrow.

Teams don’t have an exclusive 72-hour window to talk with their own free agents this week,

My link