Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Details: Reportedly the Colts get a.......

NewColtsFan

.... 4TH ROUND DRAFT PICK!!    

The story does not say what the conditions are....  only that Shipley has to pass a physical.    The story notes that the Ravens OL coach was the Steelers OL coach when they drafted Shipley out of college.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Trade-For-Center-AQ-Shipley/09c21090-d268-4c4d-a2b4-deebe494cb84

Do you like the trade NOW?!?

Is Grigson off your S*** List?!?

Do you know how good a deal this is for the Colts?

Do you think Ozzie Newsome got the best of Grigson as I read one poster say?

NOTE to Moderators:   I deliberately put this out as a separate thread.    I thought it would get completely lost inside the monster thread about the trade.    Thought it deserved it's own thread.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please provide me proof where it says 4th round pick. The original article where it said 4th rounder was a yahoo article, which referenced this article and round and round we go...with no proof. It says conditional all around.

You just got antsy because you wanted to get your stone in on the Grigson questioners, IMO.

If it ends up being a 4th rounder, that is terrific news!!! But as of right now, I don't see it.

The story does not say what the conditions are....  only that Shipley has to pass a physical.    The story notes that the Ravens OL coach was the Steelers OL coach when they drafted Shipley out of college.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Trade-For-Center-AQ-Shipley/09c21090-d268-4c4d-a2b4-deebe494cb84

NOTE to Moderators:   I deliberately put this out as a separate thread.    I thought it would get completely lost inside the monster thread about the trade.    Thought it deserved it's own thread.

I don't see anything about a 4th round pick, just conditional.  Maybe it is in another article?  Either way, I do not believe that the Colts will realize a 4th round profit for this trade.  Just doesn't add up.

Sorry.....   my bad.

Somehow linked the wrong article....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapolis-colts-shrewdly-trade-center-baltimore-ravens-153000238.html

Within the story you can click on the hyper-link at the end of the 1st paragraph....   right where it says "4th round draft pick"  and it takes you to a Baltimore generated story saying that's the pick....

Sorry for the problem....

Sorry.....   my bad.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/indianapolis-colts-shrewdly-trade-center-baltimore-ravens-153000238.html

Within the story you can click on the hyper-link at the end of the 1st paragraph....   right where it says "4th round draft pick"  and it takes you to a Baltimore generated story saying that's the pick....

The Baltimore generated story does not say it is a 4th round pick, please read carefully!!! :)

Sorry.....   my bad.

That links back to your original article in the OP.

No,  but the Yahoo story does.....

It cites the Baltimore Sun article you put in the OP as confirmation that it is a 4th, but it doesn't say it's a 4th in the cited article. The Yahoo story is wrong/unconfirmed.

No,  but the Yahoo story does.....

As of right now, it is conditional and not confirmed!!! Apparently, you trust the yahoo writer more than I do in taking his word. :)

It is not mentioned on nfl.com, colts.com or the Ravens site, the yahoo writer must know something no one else does???

To get anything at all for a fa is good. A 4th seems incredible. Satele seems healthy now and should have a better year. Holmes can be groomed. McGlynn should focus on C because the competition at G will push him out. One scouting report said Thornton has C ability and Thomas can also play C. This is the most versatile group of OL we have had.

As of right now, it is conditional and not confirmed!!! Apparently, you trust the yahoo writer more than I do in taking his word. :)

It is not mentioned on nfl.com, colts.com or the Ravens site, the yahoo writer must know something no one else does???

Chad....    I'm going to do a 180.    You are right,  it is not confirmed and the Yahoo writer does not cite where he got the info from.  So,  I'm going to guess that the Yahoo is writer is wrong.  

Thanks for setting me straight.....

Perhaps it true.   But more likely,  it's too good to be true.    We'll see.

I'll ask the moderator to move this inside of the original Shipley thread.    No need for this....

To me the round that the pick is in is really kind of meaningless.  The fact is the Colts got a pick for a player who really had no chance to make the team is a good deal. 

Your point would be right in yesterdays original trade thread - but today the only reason we are here is for the alleged confirmation of our conditional pick value.

Calling that meaningless is like striking out in tee ball.

But it is good news that the condition is Shipley passing a physical. usually the "conditions" are playing time and how many games started.. ted. This might also indicate that the pick could be higher than the 6th or 7th everyone figured. Seems like that with the condition just being passing the physical , Shipley's value might be a little higher than the "normal conditional late round compensation " we see.

*****  According to the post that just came in , both links were wrong and it is the usual "junk" compensation.

1. No
  2. No
  3. A bad one
  4. Yes

I'm ok with a 4th round pick assuming the conditions are something like Shipley passing the physical or making the team.  I suppose if he doesn't make the team we could always re-sign him at little cost.

But getting a 4th for Shipley is pretty good.

A 4th round pick or a 7th round pick?  The trade is done and it makes no sense to argue about it. Grigson has no mulligans so far but it seems like some of you cant wait till he does. I seen the news of the trade and didn't think it was a big deal. The Colts did sign a center from Purdue to go along with the other 2 on the roster. Some of you guys make way too much of a deal about the small stuff.  

Eh, It's better than nothing, although a 4th would have been awesome!. He would likely have been cut. If it came down to him and Satele, Satele would stay for experience sakes. Just my opinion

i would have kept Shipley every day of the week over a 7th round pick 

I'm ok with a 4th round pick assuming the conditions are something like Shipley passing the physical or making the team.  I suppose if he doesn't make the team we could always re-sign him at little cost.

But getting a 4th for Shipley is pretty good.

It's actually a 7th and that's only if he makes the team.

I would have preferred keeping Shipley and drafting Patton at WR in the 4th who had a second round grade and could've been the heir apparrent to Reggie Wayne instead of Khaled Holmes...Instead we let the 49ers have him like they need any more help..

i would have kept Shipley every day of the week over a 7th round pick 

Absolutely.  Satele was a bit injury prone; Holmes is a rookie.  I see no reason to trade him at this point.