Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning ranks #7 on PFF's top 101 of 2012 list., Only QB rated in top 10, JJ watt # 1, AP # 2 -This is not the NFL network Countdown

bayone

PFF’s Top 101 of 2012: the Top 10  &  full llisting links

- This is based solely on 2012 play. Nothing that happened in years prior was accounted for.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/03/pffs-top-101-of-2012-the-top-10/

2nd article

For his season, Von Miller ranks #4 on PFF's top 101 of 2012 list. He was the highest ranked LB on the list and the 3rd highest ranked defender behind both Geno Atkin sand J.J. Watt.

Here's what PFF has to say about their ranking:  on Peyton

For his season, Peyton Manning ranks #7 on PFF's top 101 of 2012 list. He was the highest ranked quarterback on the list.  ( only QB top 10 ) Here's what PFF has to say about their ranking:

There were plenty of question marks as Peyton Manning linked up with the Broncos. Would he be healthy enough to contribute? And, if so, could he be anywhere near as effective as he was during his time with the Colts? Well, in finishing the year as our No. 1 quarterback he answered those questions with a resounding ‘Yes'. The arm strength may not have been what it once was, but it was still enough that teams had to contend with Manning attacking them all over the field. Which is exactly what he did as the Broncos were regular season kings. Now if only the postseason went as well...

Best Performance: Week 10 at Carolina, +7.3

Key Stat: Had the third-highest Accuracy Percentage on deep balls of all quarterbacks in 2012.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/5/5/4301896/peyton-manning-and-von-miller-the-best-of-the-best-in-2012

Colts Players:

Dwayne Allen #91

Allen wasn’t even the first tight end the Colts selected in the 2012 draft, but he’s the one who made the biggest impact as a rookie. In an age where his position seems to be moving towards more of a receiver role, Allen was a refreshing reminder that you can still find players that do it all. Earning positive grades in every facet of his game, the third-round pick demonstrated that he warrants being on the field for every down.

Best Performance: Week 15 at Houston, +5.1

Key Stat: Stayed into pass protect on 111 occasions and gave up just four quarterback disruptions all year.

Reggie Wayne #56

Wasn’t Wayne suppose to be done? Instead he became the go-to guy for rookie Andrew Luck, turning his 179 targets into 106 receptions and 1,355 yards. Those numbers may flatter Wayne, who was force fed the ball at times (hence the 10 interceptions thrown in his direction), but not by so much you should doubt his impact, while he also contributed some better-then-you’d-expect blocking.

Best Performance: Week 5 versus Green Bay, +7.1

Key Stat: His 15 receptions on deep balls were the fourth-most of any wide receiver.

Colts Players:

Dwayne Allen #91

Reggie Wayne #56

Most the players probably don't even vote

when u look at this list in its entirety , i dont agree and also dont know the  criteria used for selection

I did see this however

Every year the PFF team gets together, and every year there is mayhem.

Getting six individuals to put together an inherently subjective list of the top 101 players in the NFL in 2012 is a grueling process, but once again we’ve reached our destination.

6 is a small # to say the least

have a good night

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/04/29/pffs-top-101-of-2012-101-to-91/

So according to PFF:

Peyton Manning

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Ryan

Tom Brady

Russell Wilson

Robert Griffin

Ben Roethlisberger

Drew Brees

Colin Kaepernick

Eli Manning

Joe Flacco

Now WRs

Andre Johnson

Calvin Johnson

Vincent Jackson

Brandon Marshall

Michael Crabtree

AJ Green

Demaryius Thomas

Roddy White

Percy Harvin

Reggie Wayne

Anquan Boldin

Julio Jones

Dez Bryant

Running Backs

Adrian Peterson

CJ Spiller

Alfred Morris

Marshawn Lynch

Frank Gore

Doug Martin

Ray Rice

CBs

Richard Sherman

Charles Tillman

Antonio Cromartie

Casey Hayward

Antoine Winfield

Chris Harris

Tarrell Brown

Patrick Peterson

Sam Shields

Champ Bailey

TEs

Vernon Davis

Rob Gronkowski

Tony Gonzalez

Jason Witten

Dwayne Allen

Surprised to not see Arian Foster on there. I know he wasn't really good last year, but I would think he was at least in the mid 90's. 

though I agree with many players , i also feel some left out should be included and some replaced

AP's great year really got in gear when he was primary weapon after Percy Harvin , who is on list was out for most of season,. Why Percy is included is beyond me

Brady is better than 21 and Matt ryan 

just my opinion

Yea I forgot Rodgers was 2nd in MVP and the leagues 1st team All-Pro.

Peyton was THE feel good story.

Rodgers still out played him.

rodgers was not 2nd in MVP vote last year

are only 50 votes 

Here's the voting breakdown from the MVP award: 

Player MVP Votes
Adrian Peterson 30.5
Peyton Manning 19.5

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1513276-nfl-mvp-2013-winner-voting-results-and-reaction

rodgers was not 2nd in MVP vote last year

are only 50 votes 

Here's the voting breakdown from the MVP award: 

Player MVP Votes
Adrian Peterson 30.5
Peyton Manning 19.5

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1513276-nfl-mvp-2013-winner-voting-results-and-reaction

I should have put the winky for sarcasm. :thmup:

Peyton was THE feel good story.

Rodgers still out played him.

With what his league leading sacks? Or less yards? Or was it the lesser completion percentage? Maybe it was because Peyton only had 3 4QCs to Rodgers monstrous 2 4QCs. Heck I'd take a 5 game win streak over an 11 any day. 

Peyton wasn't just a feel good story. All Peyton did was show he is still the best QB in the game.

With what his league leading sacks? Or less yards? Or was it the lesser completion percentage? Maybe it was because Peyton only had 3 4QCs to Rodgers monstrous 2 4QCs. Heck I'd take a 5 game win streak over an 11 any day. 

Peyton wasn't just a feel good story. All Peyton did was show he is still the best QB in the game.

Hardly.

Peyton had a total of 29 more completions, on 31 more att. Sure his Comp % was better, by about 1%. Not much....Rodgers had more TDs, and less Int. Peyton threw for 364 more yards. Yet Rodgers rushed for an additional 259yards and 2 TDs....So really Peyton had about 105 more total yards. but Rodgers had 4 more TDs...

Not really that drastic. Really, about a push.

I think we can ALL agree that the Den OL is light years ahead of GBs. But the rushing games are comparable. (+Rodgers)

Im sure we can also agree that GBs Division was also light years ahead of Denvers. (+Rodgers)

Peyton went to a new team. Although he had a full off season with them ( we will dive into this in a little bit), but had his entire WR core stay healthy all season starting 31 of 32 games. Where as Rodgers best two WR started 15 of a possible 32. (one of Nelsons starts he played 1 snap).

I know a lot gets made of "Well he switched to a new team"...Lets dive into that a little further. Is it really that hard? How can we tell?

I know. Lets look to *drum roll*.....Carson Palmer!...Did you know Carson Palmer, was signed by the Oakland Raiders on Oct 18th, and played his 1st game with Oakland on Oct 23? Incredible. Without any training camp, or familiarity with an ABYSMAL Oak roster, literally coming off the street, Palmer managed a 4-6 record....But, how did he perform?....

Palmers Career Avgs (excluding his "walk on" year)

21.8-33.2 Comp/Att...178yds...1.2TDs....0.75int Per Game...

Palmers Avg his "walk on" year

19.9-32.8 Comp/Att...275.3yds...1.3Tds...1.6Ints Per Game...

So basically after sitting on his couch all summer, and 6 games into the NFL season, Carson Palmer was able to nearly match his Comp/Att avgs, while blowing his YPG # out of the water, a slight uptick in TDs, and an increase in Ints.

Peyton essentially managed to do the exact same thing Palmer did, with a more talented roster, and a full slate of off-season, OTAs, Training Camp, Pre-season under his belt.....All things considered, I think what Palmer did surpasses what Peyton did. But one is Peyton Manning, the other is Carson Palmer. A slight difference in pedigree....

I know. Lets look to *drum roll*.....Carson Palmer!...Did you know Carson Palmer, was signed by the Oakland Raiders on Oct 18th, and played his 1st game with Oakland on Oct 23? Incredible. Without any training camp, or familiarity with an ABYSMAL Oak roster, literally coming off the street, Palmer managed a 4-6 record....But, how did he perform?....

So basically after sitting on his couch all summer, and 6 games into the NFL season, Carson Palmer was able to nearly match his Comp/Att avgs, while blowing his YPG # out of the water, a slight uptick in TDs, and an increase in Ints.

Peyton essentially managed to do the exact same thing Palmer did, with a more talented roster, and a full slate of off-season, OTAs, Training Camp, Pre-season under his belt.....All things considered, I think what Palmer did surpasses what Peyton did. But one is Peyton Manning, the other is Carson Palmer. A slight difference in pedigree....

I'm don't really care about your Manning-Rodgers debate, but your Carson Palmer stats are completely inaccurate.

In Cincy Palmer averaged:

20.8- 33.2 (63%) 234 yards per game with a 4.8% TD percentage and a 3.1% interception percentage.

86.9 Passer rating

In Palmer's "Walk On Year":

19.9- 32.8 (60.7%) 275 yards per game with a 4.4% TD percentage and a ridiculous 4.9% interception percentage.

80.5 passer rating

______________________________________________________________________________________

The only aspect he improved in was yards and YPA and that's because he was racking up major garbage time yards. Dude threw more interception than TDs for goodness sakes.

I should have put the winky for sarcasm. :thmup:

of peytons 4 MVP's whats lost is  he was second when , LT, Shaun Alexander & AP had their great years and won it, thats the last 3 times a RB won it Peyton was right there representing the QB position

I am not arguing the RB's should not have won it, just that Peyton is always around 

Hardly.

Peyton had a total of 29 more completions, on 31 more att. Sure his Comp % was better, by about 1%. Not much....Rodgers had more TDs, and less Int. Peyton threw for 364 more yards. Yet Rodgers rushed for an additional 259yards and 2 TDs....So really Peyton had about 105 more total yards. but Rodgers had 4 more TDs...

Not really that drastic. Really, about a push.

I think we can ALL agree that the Den OL is light years ahead of GBs. But the rushing games are comparable. (+Rodgers)

Im sure we can also agree that GBs Division was also light years ahead of Denvers. (+Rodgers)

Peyton went to a new team. Although he had a full off season with them ( we will dive into this in a little bit), but had his entire WR core stay healthy all season starting 31 of 32 games. Where as Rodgers best two WR started 15 of a possible 32. (one of Nelsons starts he played 1 snap).

I know a lot gets made of "Well he switched to a new team"...Lets dive into that a little further. Is it really that hard? How can we tell?

they both had great seasons, u can argue that  Rodgers lost some WR's true at least had some depth,  When next reciver willis went in on Denver he was worthless, its lucky rest played all year but all were better due to Manning teaching routes etc, bringiong in an aged stockely, , decent not great TEs , implementing a new Offensives system initially using 2 v backs that Fox / Mccoy wanted and didnt work , etc

when Peyton on Colts and lost Clark, others etc with injuries still had excellent year too & he lost more skill players at same position  that year than Green bay  though Packers lost many , were more spread out and had depth to replace at various positions, when lose many at same position u  run out of depth that year ( the blair white project, the collie concussions etc  for peyton , Packers won the SB that year too , must give rodgers credit

I am, also not saying    if thrown in Rodgers couldnt of done same in Denver as Peyton

Both had great years 

I will say Rodgers on bench all those years helps his career averages, Peytons first rookie  year hurts his etc 

again both great QB's both had excellent years last year , both have excelled under bad circumstances throughout there careers

Know its early, but am busy , have a great day , I may or may not have a chance to be back to review the forum

This is what always kind of bothers me about Von Miller. I looked up the box score from the NE-Denver game... he indeed had a great game. Two sacks, five tackles for loss.

So what's my problem?

It "felt" like he had much less of an impact in that game than he did. Denver got a little closer in the 4th but back-to-back fumbles by Ridley and McGahee kind of cancelled each other out and the Pats held on. I don't remember Miller being dominant, and would have guessed poorly if asked about his stat line.

I've just always thought he was overrated and could be taken out of a game if a team really wanted to neutralize him.

4. Von Miller, OLB, Denver Broncos (12th)

Miller isn’t your conventional 4-3 outside linebacker, moving into a pass rushing role in sub package defense that saw him spend only 24% of his passing snaps in coverage. However, as the 86 combined sacks, hits and hurries show, he delivers in that role, while adding a further 15 tackles for losses. You simply need to watch out for Miller on every play — if you don’t, he’s likely to hurt you.

Best Performance: Week 5 at New England, +12.3