Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs Broncos, Luck Vs Peyton is top must see game of season says USA Today

bayone

I don't think it will be. Not as much as the rematch between Denver and Baltimore (that has been moved to Denver thanks to the Orioles having a home game the same night on sept.5th and both teams share the parking lot) although Baltimore's defense has down graded from its super bowl defense, i still expect this game to have a lot of emotion. I mean lets face it, if it was not for the super bowl champs, manning could have very well went on to win the super bowl, but i guess we will never know lol. 

" Broncos at Colts, Oct. 20" The writer calls this game "delicious."

You bet your backside it's delicious darn it!  haha  Master vs apprentice...Yoda vs Obi Neck Beard...The who build LOS & put INDY on the NFL map vs the young, German born architect...I always favor experience & wisdom over promise & potential...

What will the crowd do on 3rd & long in the 4th Qtr with #18 under center? Will they roar in defiance or forget & remain silent? It won't matter anyway. WR Wes Welker always converts critical 3rd downs like clockwork. A great game nevertheless...I'm pulling for the old man in this one, but then again, I always respect my elders & Peyton needs to show Irsay he made a mistake. You always want your old boss to regret what he let slip right through his fingers.

INDY made the right call in the longrun, but you still wanna show your old club what they are missing.  haha  lmao Homecoming always have mixed emotions....Especially for old field generals...Denver knows exactly what this game means for #18...

" Broncos at Colts, Oct. 20" The writer calls this game "delicious."

You bet your backside it's delicious darn it! haha Master vs apprentice...Yoda vs Obi Neck Beard...The who build LOS & put INDY on the NFL map vs the young, German born architect...I always favor experience & wisdom over promise & potential...

What will the crowd do on 3rd & long in the 4th Qtr with #18 under center? Will they roar in defiance or forget & remain silent? It won't matter anyway. WR Wes Welker always converts critical 3rd downs like clockwork. A great game nevertheless...I'm pulling for the old man in this one, but then again, I always respect my elders & Peyton needs to show Irsay he made a mistake. You always want your old boss to regret what he let slip right through his fingers.

INDY made the right call in the longrun, but you still wanna show your old club what they are missing. hahalmaoHomecoming always have mixed emotions....Especially for old field generals...Denver knows exactly what this game means for #18...

sooooo you're rooting for the broncos to win, in Indy, in primetime in the middle if the season. interesting

How many times do we got to talk about that manning wanted to move on as well? The old irsay dumped manning got old last year. I hope the colts d drill him into the ground!!

can you steer me to an article where Peyton said he wanted to move on? Chris Mortensen said he talked to Peyton just a few days before he was cut, and Peyton was anticipating playing in Indy

That was # 2 on the list encase u didn't check out the link

I don't think it will be. Not as much as the rematch between Denver and Baltimore (that has been moved to Denver thanks to the Orioles having a home game the same night on sept.5th and both teams share the parking lot) although Baltimore's defense has down graded from its super bowl defense, i still expect this game to have a lot of emotion. I mean lets face it, if it was not for the super bowl champs, manning could have very well went on to win the super bowl, but i guess we will never know lol. 

You bet your backside it's delicious darn it!  haha  Master vs apprentice...Yoda vs Obi Neck Beard...The who build LOS & put INDY on the NFL map vs the young, German born architect...I always favor experience & wisdom over promise & potential...

What will the crowd do on 3rd & long in the 4th Qtr with #18 under center? Will they roar in defiance or forget & remain silent? It won't matter anyway. WR Wes Welker always converts critical 3rd downs like clockwork. A great game nevertheless...I'm pulling for the old man in this one, but then again, I always respect my elders & Peyton needs to show Irsay he made a mistake.

(Coltsince4

NO MAN!!! NO MAN!!! One minute and 23 seconds left in the game 3rd & long in the 4th Qtr with #18 under center, PICK 6!!! PICK 6!!!! COLTS WIN!!! COLTS!!! WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :td::number1::cheer::cheer2::highfive2: :highfive: :applause:

Coltsince4

Ravens at Denver is the first game of the season though, kinda hard to be the must see game of the season

Normally, I would agree with you Joker except for 1 thing: You never forget which team knocked your squad out of the Playoffs & systematically killed your :lombardi: run...Anytime of the season I'm ready to crush that team & make an example of them week 1 or week 16; It makes no difference to me. "Payback is a ___________ [Rhymes with witch.] Success is always the best revenge.  :yahoo:  

sooooo you're rooting for the broncos to win, in Indy, in primetime in the middle if the season. interesting

You wanna bring my INDY loyalty into question Jvan1973 you go right ahead. Frankly, I don't care or give a darn actually. I believe what I believe & I don't care if others like it or not. People are certainly entitled to contrary opinions. 

Denver Vs Baltimore is too one-sided. Denver wants revenge while Baltimore just wants to find out what they have in their new team. It's not much of a rivalry/rematch if one side holds a grudge for losing and the other side won the Superbowl while you happened to be just one of the talented teams they beat along the way.

You wanna bring my INDY loyalty into question Jvan1973 you go right ahead. Frankly, I don't care or give a darn actually. I believe what I believe & I don't care if others like it or not. People are certainly entitled to contrary opinions.

i didn't bring anything into question. but why in the world would you root for the broncos to beat the colts? that game could be huge come playoff time

" Broncos at Colts, Oct. 20" The writer calls this game "delicious."

You bet your backside it's delicious darn it! haha Master vs apprentice...Yoda vs Obi Neck Beard...The who build LOS & put INDY on the NFL map vs the young, German born architect...I always favor experience & wisdom over promise & potential...

INDY made the right call in the longrun, but you still wanna show your old club what they are missing. hahalmaoHomecoming always have mixed emotions....Especially for old field generals...Denver knows exactly what this game means for #18...

Idk if you can say he's missing anything. Manning was always good in the season. And the only real way for that statement to be really true is if Irsay stopped owning the broncos and moved on to own the colts. Seeing as they couldn't afford manning and field a team, if day he had no choice.

can you steer me to an article where Peyton said he wanted to move on? Chris Mortensen said he talked to Peyton just a few days before he was cut, and Peyton was anticipating playing in Indy

He didn't want to redo his contract. It was said it was a mutual split. But people like to keep claiming that Irsay just flat out got rid of him. Peyton knew we needed an overhaul. He did what was best for himself even for the Colts when he left. Just wish he didn't go to the horse face elway. But guess he's no different then Eli manning crying about going to the chargers.

He didn't want to redo his contract. It was said it was a mutual split. But people like to keep claiming that Irsay just flat out got rid of him. Peyton knew we needed an overhaul. He did what was best for himself even for the Colts when he left. Just wish he didn't go to the horse face elway. But guess he's no different then Eli manning crying about going to the chargers.

Irsay has already said they were not going to trade the no. 1 pick to keep Manning. It was never truly an option for Peyton to be the only QB.

Irsay has already said they were not going to trade the no. 1 pick to keep Manning. It was never truly an option for Peyton to be the only QB.

And seriously, why would you trade the #1 pick for a 36 year old qb coming off 4 neck surgeries? You trade away another 10 years for a couple more one and dines in the playoffs like last year. With the way our team was built we weren't winning in the playoffs anytime soon. But it's easy to say what other people should do with their money, their jobs and their lifestyles

And seriously, why would you trade the #1 pick for a 36 year old qb coming off 4 neck surgeries? You trade away another 10 years for a couple more one and dines in the playoffs like last year. With the way our team was built we weren't winning in the playoffs anytime soon. But it's easy to say what other people should do with their money, their jobs and their lifestyles

I'm not arguing the decision. I'm simply refuting the point that you said Peyton wanted to move on. It was mutual because Manning is simply too classy, and loving of the Indy fan base to make it a bitter ending.

It was more of the fact he HAD to move. You know being cut, and never truly being Irsay's option at QB. I can almost guarantee he wanted to play in Indy until the day he signed on with Denver. And maybe sometime even after that.

I'm not arguing the decision. I'm simply refuting the point that you said Peyton wanted to move on. It was mutual because Manning is simply too classy, and loving of the Indy fan base to make it a bitter ending.

It was more of the fact he HAD to move. You know being cut, and never truly being Irsay's option at QB. I can almost guarantee he wanted to play in Indy until the day he signed on with Denver. And maybe sometime even after that.

I agree, but it was also said he didn't want to redo his contract either. More cap friendly would have been nice. He knew it was unfair to the team and to Luck to stay. I don't blame him or Irsay. The right things to do aren't always the easiest.

Idk if you can say he's missing anything. Manning was always good in the season. And the only real way for that statement to be really true is if Irsay stopped owning the broncos and moved on to own the colts. Seeing as they couldn't afford manning and field a team, if day he had no choice.

I do agree finally Jim Irsay had no choice but to release Manning Narcosys. However, when your owner releases you he is implying that your health & availability is a concern or a doubt. Remember: Manning at the last INDY press conference said "I still believe that I can play football at a high level." Trust me, Manning loves Irsay, but he still wants to show him & the rest of INDY that all doubting whispers of 18's effectiveness are null & void.  

Next year an INDY vs Broncos game won't matter that much, but this year the symbolism of it & it's outcome are enormous in scope...

This really is the bottom line.

As painful as it was, this was the truth and the way it had to be.

i didn't bring anything into question. but why in the world would you root for the broncos to beat the colts? that game could be huge come playoff time

Did you not read my original statement? "I always favor experience & wisdom over promise & potential..." I trust experience. Youth has way too many variables & things that can go wrong. Insert new names & my thesis would remain the same. Could Luck win? Sure he could. So could Manning. 

"sooooo you're rooting for the broncos to win, in Indy, in primetime in the middle if the season. interesting" Really? This statement doesn't call into question team loyalty? Right...Keep telling yourself that. 

A billion people can like that post. It's fine by me. My resolve remains the same. 1 single game unless your squad is terrible should never determine a playoff spot or run IMO. I like you Jvan, but please don't insult my intelligence. Thank you. Let's just say we respectfully disagree & move on. Have a pleasant evening. 

INDY made the right call in the longrun, but you still wanna show your old club what they are missing.  haha  lmao Homecoming always have mixed emotions....Especially for old field generals...Denver knows exactly what this game means for #18...

Instantaneous ban needed

Right now I think we take Denver at home and our offense gets plenty of big plays vs. their overrated D and Luck plays a spirited game at home that shocks people considering the Peyton revenge hype over the matchup. Pagano will get the better of Fox too...

I am more worried about Seahawks/49ers. Those are tough matchups and they are balanced squads. And also maybe at Houston due to our recent struggles there even though last years game there was not as lopsided while it was happening as many seemed to predict it would be.

Man I just realized we come off a Monday Night game against San Diego leading up to the Broncos game. Short week of preparation for our guys :(

Yep, at least we have the bye week the week after that we can leave it all on the line. It will be interesting to see how the Chargers do this year because they have lost 2 OTs and an OG and defensively, their secondary can be exploited. So, it might not be as tough a game for us to win but then, the last 4 teams that have opened vs the Eagles the last 4 years have won the SB and Norv Turner is addition by subtraction, does that mean the Chargers win the SB???  

But to me, the divisional game after the bye week is more critical than the Broncos game, in the long scheme of things. We need to start winning in Houston because we all know they can't win here. :)

I cannot fathom supporting anyone but the Colts.I am having problems comprehending this Peyton loyalty over the Colts! Did not fully support the Manning/Irsay decision at the time either, but eventually moved on! 

Go Colts! 

I agree. No matter what, the Colts are bound to make it tough on Peyton, no question about it, IMO!!!

the last 4 teams that have opened vs the Eagles the last 4 years have won the SB

To clarify, the last 4 teams that have opened on the road vs the Eagles have won the SB. Saints, Packers, Giants, Ravens in order. This year, it is the Chargers??? They fit the NFC East pattern too...teams that are from the NFC East or have played the NFC East have won the SB since 2006.

Colts, Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Giants, Ravens...and counting

This year, the candidates are: Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Packers, Bears, Vikings, Lions, and NFC East teams.

Out of these, NFC East teams, Broncos, Packers and Bears should lead the odds, IMO. Chargers are the X-factor.

I cannot fathom supporting anyone but the Colts.I am having problems comprehending this Peyton loyalty over the Colts! Did not fully support the Manning/Irsay decision at the time either, but eventually moved on!

Go Colts!

I don't presume to speak for anyone else, but for me it has to do with commemorating the legacy that Peyton Manning built in INDY literally from the ground up. No, #18 certainly didn't transform the Colts into a powerhouse franchise all by himself. Irsay, Dungy, Polian, Harrison, Wayne, Freeney, Saturday, James, Addai, & Mathis all played a crucial role in making INDY an annual SB contender. Proving that the old man can win in his old stomping grounds matters. Experience trumps new recruit status 80% of the the time.

If the Colts are really as good as pundits say we are or should be, 1 game will not determine our upcoming season...If it does than we have a ton of work to do the following season. Frankly, I find it peculiar that so many INDY fans want to diminish a vast majority of his achievements here. Peyton is not the devil or the anti christ. But it sure seems like some fans here want to demolish him for some reason & that completely baffles me actually. As always, contrary viewpoints are naturally encouraged. Just my 2 cents anyway.

I cannot fathom supporting anyone but the Colts.I am having problems comprehending this Peyton loyalty over the Colts! Did not fully support the Manning/Irsay decision at the time either, but eventually moved on!

Go Colts!

I liken it to say a genius or prodigy who say for the sake of argument creates a revolutionary tone, mood, or an atmosphere of winning & delivers the goods 10 fold exceeding all expectations. This winning persona never existed prior to that individual's arrival. Say you are a major car manufacturer & a lone, elder engineer creates a ground breaking fuel injection system that makes your company billions & makes your boss financially secure for the rest of his life & countless generations thereafter.

Now, if another younger engineer modifies that same fuel injection system & they make it better & able to withstand massive strain & friction beyond pervious levels are you gonna dismiss & ignore the 1st engineer who built this landmark fuel injection system just because that person went to another automobile company or retired? Nope. Always remember where you came from & those individuals who made your company, product, or franchise relevant & a gold star among industry circles from an immpeccable standard perspective. It's as simple as that in my eyes anyway.

I liken it to say a genius or prodigy who say for the sake of argument creates a revolutionary tone, mood, or an atmosphere of winning & delivers the goods 10 fold exceeding all expectations. This winning persona never existed prior to that individual's arrival. Say you are a major car manufacturer & a lone, elder engineer creates a ground breaking fuel injection system that makes your company billions & makes your boss financially secure for the rest of his life & countless generations thereafter.

Now, if another younger engineer modifies that same fuel injection system & they make it better & able to withstand massive strain & friction beyond pervious levels are you gonna dismiss & ignore the 1st engineer who built this landmark fuel injection system just because that person went to another automobile company or retired? Nope. Always remember where you came from & those individuals who made your company, product, or franchise relevant & a gold star among industry circles from an immpeccable standard perspective. It's as simple as that in my eyes anyway.

Seriously? Well nobody disputes what he did for our team, our city and our franchise. Is it our fault he had 4 neck surgeries and was out the entire year but still got paid how many millions of dollars? It was a perfect storm being able to move from one great to another. The torch was passed. Manning was and is a great qb. But he has moved on as have us Colts fans. When he comes to town he will be the enemy, the opposing team and I will only wish him many many sacks, hits and some forced fumbles.

Masterful.

Did you not read my original statement? "I always favor experience & wisdom over promise & potential..." I trust experience. Youth has way too many variables & things that can go wrong. Insert new names & my thesis would remain the same. Could Luck win? Sure he could. So could Manning.

"sooooo you're rooting for the broncos to win, in Indy, in primetime in the middle if the season. interesting" Really? This statement doesn't call into question team loyalty? Right...Keep telling yourself that.

A billion people can like that post. It's fine by me. My resolve remains the same. 1 single game unless your squad is terrible should never determine a playoff spot or run IMO. I like you Jvan, but please don't insult my intelligence. Thank you. Let's just say we respectfully disagree & move on. Have a pleasant evening.

one single game is huge in the NFL. Had we had one extra win last year we would have win the division (depending on who that win was against) ,so to say one game is meaningless, especially against another AFC team, is just incorrect.

Also, using your logic, you prefer every team with an older Qb. That's pretty much every other team in the league. I'm not sure i follow your logic..